Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dollar bills to throw at the new model Night Elves in Goldshire, Moonguard.

...what? :3

Okay fine.

Probably nothing. Other than delicious snacks and stuff in real life for launch night!
    Butts.

Depends on what the garrison will be able to provide and how much of it. Ghost Iron and Spirit Dust are generally safe to stockpile though. Maybe MoP pets, but I'm unfamiliar with that market.

yeah no new class/race ---equals nothing to stock pile. If you want to make gold then go level a gathering toon and farm ore and herbs from the new xpac when it hits.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

All those free 90s won't have glyphs or professions. That's a lot of materials that they're going to need, herbs more than ore. There's a blacksmithing catchup mechanism and a cooking catchup to Pandaria levels. I wouldn't put it past them to make other catchup mechanisms. So Ghost Iron is going to sell well, and Pandarian cooking mats might sell well. Other things to stockpile depend on which other professions get catchup mechanisms.

I'll probably go heavy on herbs, because glyphs and alchemists. There's going to be a mega-glyphmas.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gold. I may start to stockpile gear if Followers wear regular player gear (as opposed to special follower sets).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    hollydays, one week of hollydays during WoD launch would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    just horde everything, especially crafting mats - but don't focus on them.
    Wait what?

Deleted
    Since I plan to start anew on a new server, perhaps the first thing I will hoard is gold, and to raise a new Enchanter so to have all the dust I need for AH and the like (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Erke View Post
    Wait what?
    I bet he meant "hoard" and just don't focus on mats only :P

Bumping this thread. I recently started very slow to fill my Gbank up before WoD (I know it's early) I do realize the professions can get a revamp like blacksmithing did so I'm not overdoing it. I'm just wondering if you guys have some thoughts on which profession is most likely to get revamped? (if not all of them) I made a fortune off Cata stones such as alicite and carnelian last expansion release and I'm thinking to get them now as well. I'd imagine Ghost Iron Ore will be pretty safe since I don't think they will revamp blacksmithing again. Any thoughts or something I don't know?

Gold for buying shit.

And

Adderall to be able to stay awake for 72+ hours.

Deleted
    can someone explain to me why would you stockpile old ores for a new expansion

Quote Originally Posted by ReLaXeD View Post
    can someone explain to me why would you stockpile old ores for a new expansion
    In the past expansions it was for leveling professions of alts (Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, etc). But with no new race or class, there is no reason to do this now.

I am not going to worry about stockpiling anything this time myself. I might try and get a few extra rare tradeable pets (from raid drops, etc) just to have them to sell on the AH to returning players, but nothing to crazy like in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTO

Paid time off
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Money; currently unsubscribed, but will no doubt return for the expansion (if not before then, boredom strikes like lightning both ways.)

Deleted
    For re-rollers
    Bags, Glyphs.
    Wont know about profession changes till beta comes out, Assuming its the same as each expansion then it will be the usual, herbs, ores, enchant mats, cloths. etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle pets.

Raiders, apparently double raid side is needed.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

I can't see anything that will be in mass demand in the first few weeks, except maybe gems/enchants, but even they will be decreased with the changes coming up.

I am interested to see how the economy changes in WoD, especially with the whole "followers doing professions" thing. It's going to be completely different.

Oh and can the people in here to whine about them "not buying the new expac because WoW sucks" please keep posting, I need to add them all to my ignore list so I stop seeing their shit in every thread.

Honestly stop posting in forums about games you don't want to play, it's very very strange.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started doing money today. The first day I've put 14k in the ah, expecting to make 30k out of it.
    In the mean time, the next days, I'll check how it went and depending on that piece of "research" I'll go one way or another to cap my gold for WoD.

I won't be stocking ores or cloth, this time around I rather make easy money, which means flip the ah with heavy inversions, making sure that I can always get at least 99% back and aiming at, at least, 120-130% gains, that way from now till the launch I'll have done fairly enough to cap it.

I'm honestly sick of playing the ah, my server is high populated and pretty much alliance, so playing the ah can be really tedious. I rather make money on the long run this time out of my own gold.

Obviously the money is in selling the brand new stuff as soon possible, before it rapidly deflates in price. Especially with all the changes to professions, instant level 90s, etc., there's nothing currently in game worth the effort.