Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aren't Amplification (crit damage), Readiness (cd reduction) and Multistrike the new, rumoured secondary stats, akin to haste/crit/mastery and not tertiary stats? After all we lose quite a bit of secondary stats so some new ones could fill the void.

So Frost would get multistrike I guess. But it's an interesting idea and it would definitely fit as part of the leveling spell upgrades.

From Blizzcon recap:

"Tertiary stats are bonus stats that can appear on gear that don't count towards the item level budget. Lifesteal, avoidance, sturdiness, movement speed, cleave, and more."

also mage armor is 3000 points of mastery (10% for arcane). It isnt a percentage based award, it is a number that the percentage is then calculated from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    also mage armor is 3000 points of mastery (10% for arcane). It isnt a percentage based award, it is a number that the percentage is then calculated from.
    Don't know how numbers are going to be next expansion, which is why I reverted to 5% as a default.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    Impregnate:
    Instant. 9 minute cooldown (kind of like 9 months)

While the enemy target is afflicted by Impregnate, they will expand and slow down and occasionally vomit. At the end of 90 seconds the target will give birth to a 1/4 sized clone mixing both the caster's features and the targets. The Target has a 1% chance to die.
    What is this? I don't even....
    Made me giggle though

@Imnick Glyph of Frozen Air is a good one and I agree with you, we need more minor glyphs, especially ones that change the visual of things like Arcane Charges, etc.
    @Deithy The first two seem fun to use, but Firestarter looks too similar to Arcane Vortex. Good ideas though. Your glyph ideas aren't bad too but I think, as Imnick said, that these would be better off as Major Glyphs.
    @checkingfacts That glyph would be a nice addition. Yes, please.
    @chrth Good idea.
    @Polarthief I'd like to have Improved Blink back too. Glyph of Quick Mana looks good but I don't think that the level 90 talents are here to stay (I hope so D. Glyph of Mana Inept is a really good idea, nice one! Same can be said about Glyph of Icicles and of Fire Blast.
    @LocNess Not a bad idea. Like the Mana Stone idea too.
    @Aquamonkey Agreed.
    @klaps_05 Nice idea but might need to be adjusted in order to not make it overpowered.

Anyway, I came up with something that, in my opinion, might make Arcane more fun.

Empower:
    Instant. 45 sec. cooldown.

Your next Arcane spell will be more powerful.

Empowered Arcane Explosion: Your Arcane Explosion has a 3 sec. cast time but its radius is increased by 500%, its damage is increased by 200% and cannot be interrupted.
    Empowered Blink: Increases the distance you travel with Blink by 30 yards.
    Empowered Arcane Missiles: Your Arcane Missiles spell deals 50% more damage, can be used regardless of whether you have a charge or not and strikes all targets within 10 yards of the main target.
    Empowered Arcane Blast: The cast time of your Arcane Blast is increased by 0.5 seconds but its damage is increased by 50% and does not consume mana.
    Empowered Arcane Barrage: Your Arcane Barrage acts as if you have 4 Arcane Charges.
    Empowered Polymorph: Your Polymorph spell transforms all enemies within 30 yards of you.
    Empowered Slow: Your Slow lasts 50% longer and cannot be dispelled.
    Empowered Spellsteal: Your Spellsteal will steal all buffs on the target.
    Empowered Mirror Image: You generate 10 additional Mirror Images but their overall damage remains the same.
    Empowered Alter Time: Your Alter Time becomes Stop Time, which prevents all enemies and allies within 40 yards from performing any action for 5 seconds. This effect has a 4 min. cooldown.

I don't think it's overpowered (the cooldown can be increased and/or it could require Arcane Charges to function). Didn't add an empowered version of Evocation but it could be done.
    I'd love to have a spell like this. It would actually make me feel powerful. (please, Blizzard, please? D: )

More Major Glyph ideas

Glyph of Alter Time: Alter Time cannot be dispelled.
    Glyph of the Master of Time: Your Alter Time can now be used on enemy targets.
    Glyph of the Spellstealer: When you successfully steal a buff, damage taken from the buff's school of magic is reduced by 30%.
    Glyph of Arcane Warding: While you have one or more Arcane Charges active, enemies that strike you are afflicted with Weakened Blows.
    Glyph of Mage Armour: Enemies who strike the caster have a 100% chance to be afflicted by Slow.

Minor Glyphs
    Glyph of Rift: Whenever you Blink, you leave a a small rift behind you for a brief period of time.
    Glyph of Icy Feet: Teaches you Icy Feet. While Icy Feet is active, you are able to walk across water.
    Glyph of the Scholar: Teleports the caster to a mage tower of his/her choice.
    Glyph of the Elemental Assistant: Summons an elemental to assist you.
    Glyph of the Gnomish Assistant: Summons a gnome mage to assist you.
    Glyph of the Librarian: Summons a tome from one of the many libraries scattered around the world. Might not always be the one you are looking for.
    Glyph of Floating Ice: Summons an ice floe beneath your feet that allows you move across water. It is not as fast as you may think.
    Glyph of the Penguin Assistant: Summons a penguin that will try to assist you. The language barrier might be a problem.
    Glyph of Iceberg: Your Ice Block will have a more distinctive look.
    Glyph of Mass Slow Fall: Teaches you the ability Mass Slow Fall.
    Glyph of Deception: When you cast Blink, you leave a mirror image in your previous position that deals no damage and lasts for 8 seconds. Works only while in combat.