Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If CM was considerably balanced for every spec of every class sure. But if it's going to be against melee again, no!

Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    If CM was considerably balanced for every spec of every class sure. But if it's going to be against melee again, no!
    There are vids of four melee doing CM. Is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    Of course it is, but would you invite a melee to your run? Melee are at big disadvantage both at Raiding and CM. Range do what they do, only better and from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    not really
    every heroic raider can be 9/9 gold
    every 9/9 gold can be a heroic raider
    oh god
    please no
    if every 9/9 gold went being a heroic raider, it'd be like the handicap olympics. And im pretty curious, when did you mr oh great the mighty finish his gold cm's?

Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    And those 4melee were most likely rogues, and dks.
    You probably wouldnt want to bring a ret..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    That's just hand waving which had nothing to do with the comment I posted. It's a stone cold fact that Blizzard disagrees with you.
    How does Blizzard disagree? Because this expansion's legendary is for everybody? That doesn't mean that the next expansion's legendary will be, or the one after that, or the one after that. Blizzard tries new things all the time to get subs, and they could very well change their mind with regards to the 'everyone should be able to get a legendary' idea.
    Blizzard isn't one person with one opinion, it has many devs and many conflicted opinions. They decide on the best one, see how it goes and then make adjustments next time round.

I'm pretty sure I wiped more on H Immerseus than all 9 challenge modes combined, lol

Seriously, though, this is the same argument that people used about needing Proving Grounds stuff to get into LFR. Being good at proving grounds doesn't make you a good raider. Being good at CMs doesn't make you a good raider.

Why does anyone care what gear another person has, anyway? I just simply don't get the mentality of "HAHA, I got this and you don't!" It's rather childish.

I agree, CM golds truly showcase what every player needs in order to be a skilled raider.... Invisibility Potions.

Sarcasm aside, the skills needed for Challenge Modes are different than those needed for raiding. No, I haven't done 9/9 Golds, but I've done 9/9 Silvers, and the strategies are exactly the same, but with more tight execution and better class selection. I've done Heroic raiding. CMs are based around speed, stuns, skipping the correct packs through clever use of CC/Group Stealth/Invis Pots, heavily reliant on consumables, and maximum throughput, usually AoE damage.

The only thing that CMs and raids have in common is the throughput and character maximization requirement. Raids are based around mechanic execution, throughput, leadership, and teamwork.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-11-16 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think LFRer dont deserve a legendary. Actually I think normal raiders also dont deserve it. Thus that's why gold challenge should be a good idea, as it requires in my opinion the same skill required for heroic mode raids
    I find this hilarious (as a heroic raider), as normal raiders have NEVER been barred from legendaries, I don't know why the fuss is so high about legendaries being some kind of "pinnacle of skill" recently, they never have been.

going through legendaries I've gotten (While current (at least in expansion terms)), the cloak is honestly the one I've put the most effort into.

1: Sunwell Bow [time to obtain: 2 days]: Was just lucky enough to have been asked to bring my hunter alt the night it dropped as 1 of our regular hunters as out. No skill needed (outside of killing a boss that we had previously killed)

2: Val'anyr [time to obtain: about 5-6 weeks]: Re-rolled resto shammy about half-way through Ulduar, don't think I finished until into ToC, but since it was still a good weapon for healers, guild was kind enough to continue to run some Ulduar for me.

3ragonwrath [time to obtain: just under 3 months]: Had to wait for our officer mage to finish first, then simple farming with guilds/pugs.

4: Kindness of Chi-Ji [time to obtain: ~1 year]: Say what you like, maybe it's just being happy knowing that I earned this after a year of keeping up with the quest chain (something many people did not.), maybe it's because I'm not offended by what some other unskilled players may or may not have, but of all the legendaries I've gotten, I still feel the deepest sense of pride towards this one. I'm a little disappointed that it's not a weapon, but the sentiment is there.

I mean, the "Old" style legendaries felt good, but they were predominantly decided by luck, and I'm glad they're going back to that for at least 1 legendary in Warlords, but I'm also glad they're keeping the legendary quest system in place, as, at least for those of us that stick with them the whole time, there is a sense of pride when it all comes together.

On the Original topic though: requiring Gold CMs is a completely dumb idea, I'm 10/14H with a few friends who are even 13/14 or 14/14H who have never set foot in challenge modes simply because we find the idea unappealing, or like me, have done 1 or 2, but fail to see the enjoyment in them, for the most part, they're basically the same difficulty as heroic, with gear scaling and an arbitrary timer to zerg through, now give me Mythic dungeons (like; makes cata launch heroics look like child's play.) then we'll talk. Still, non-raiding requirements for a legendary is a little off-putting, it's the same reason I hate(d) Black Prince rep being tacked on to the cloak.

I say, keep legendaries with the plan, make a chain for a "personal" legendary that can be earned by anyone willing to set the time aside (another cloak, ring, trinket, etc.), and make one "exclusive, guild, old school" legendary weapon or 2 in there that will be mostly determined by luck (no negative connotations intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Realm First 9/9 Gold as Ret Paladin and proud.
    good job, really

Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something. Would it be a good idea to require 9/9 gold ? Personnaly I think so.

Afking in LFR requires no skill, whereas getting 9/9 gold means you kinda know how to play. The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.

I always found the challenge mode rewards highly lackluster. I think gating the legendary quest to them would be a good idea. The bads wont have a legendary, at least
    And players being able to sell challenge mode boosts completely nullifies your entire argument.
    Stop with the arrogant "bads" bashing please.
    LFR exists due to people like you, because of the inaccessibility of traditional raiding with inflated requirements, and even more inflated ego's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think gold challenge is achievable by 10% of wow's population at the UTMOST.
    I'd say 10% of the population has done it, if my server, (not a well progressed server, but not exactly a backwater server either, I'd go with "average") is any indication, I'd say they're doable by about 40% at LEAST. A lot of people just don't see the concept, there's no real link between CMs and raiding.

CMs: based more or less wholly around class selection, a rogue, and/or invis pots to skip the maximum amount of trash possible.

Raiding: Based around teamwork, co-operation, and persistence (I could argue persistence for CMs too, but to me, HOURS of persistence for CMs doesn't compare at all to sometimes WEEKS of persistence to kill that 1 hc boss)

Also, I think another myth to be set aside is: "Cloak is obtained in LFR, everyone who has it is an lol-LFR-AFKing-plebian." Most people I've talked to, or even seen with the cloak (exempting alts) usually have at least a piece or 2 of heroic gear on them, because the simple point and case is, most players who do only LFR (and even a lot of reg players) don't have the time, patience, attention span or any other combination of those to finish a quest chain that stretched nearly a year (in fact, a lot of these players are just starting the chain now, which will likely take them 2 months or so to finish (if they finish) even with the increased drops, by which point, who do you care, most heroic guilds will be fully cleared or close to by then, and we'll all just be farming up alts or whatever else people do waiting on the next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And players being able to sell challenge mode boosts completely nullifies your entire argument.
    LFR exists due to people like you, because of the inaccessibility of traditional raiding with inflated requirements, and even more inflated ego's.
    Yeah, this is why my alts have to do LFR rather than flex now people asking insane things like 550+ for anything other than wing 1, (my favorite being "LFM everything for Flex 4, 560+ must link at least 1 heroic achieve, and have 14/14 reg exp. on the toon you're bringing" (no, I'm sadly not making that up, at all...) so I instead, quietly weep and press the "join queue" button for LFR...I had such hope for flex too.
    Last edited by Ryuda; 2013-11-16 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    How does it nullify his argument? It's a far better situation to have players farm an exorbitant amount of gold than to play the joke that is LFR which is no harder on an individual level than a leveling dungeon.

Further more, farming gold can be done on your own time (which is all the fucking craze with you people) aside from being a much more difficult task in and of itself than LFR looting.

Also, let's not pretend LFR's conception was a result of raiding standards. Stop looking at serious guilds if you're going to go about the whole thing "casually."
    But you can't because the casual guilds aren't up to snuff and you can't be bothered to wipe a million more times with them and their flakey roster.

Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something.
    Legendary has never meant anything. Get over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Legendary has never meant anything. Get over it already.
    Actually it always has. It always meant that they were clearing the raid in an efficient amount of time and downed the last boss.

Oh wait, now its LOLFR

Ontopic, I agree that there should be some serious challenge. The issue with old legendaries was that guilds had to funnel stuff to just one player. However, a guild can easily get everybody 9/9 Gold if they are good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Actually it always has. It always meant that they were clearing the raid in an efficient amount of time and downed the last boss.

Oh wait, now its LOLFR

Ontopic, I agree that there should be some serious challenge. The issue with old legendaries was that guilds had to funnel stuff to just one player. However, a guild can easily get everybody 9/9 Gold if they are good players.
    You say there should be some serious challenge. Then why agree with CM? Thats not a serious challenge whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    You say there should be some serious challenge. Then why agree with CM? Thats not a serious challenge whatsoever
    For the skill level of the majority of the playerbase, I imagine it is what they picture heroic raiding as.

Also, bad group comp can make it quite hard

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who sell challenge mode carries would be making a lot more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This. A lot of people would just buy carries - even more than now.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Because Blizzard hasnt cracked down on those people at least sometimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they ever cracked down on people selling carries? I don't think they have.