Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    I have seen it where the tanks don't know the fight 100% and the healers/DPS gang up on them. People are afraid to ask for help, and often when they do ask the first response is "kick this noob, this is taking too long".

LFR seems to want to queue instantly and finish the 3-4 bosses in about 10 minutes with zero wipes. Doing anything but that is a great way to incur the anonymous wrath of jerks.
    It's because most tanks are complete shit. I've been in LFR groups with tanks that have the bare minimum gear and have done amazing, while also having had tanks in full-LFR+ that don't know the fights.
    I'm just as against carrying a terrible tank as I am carrying a terrible dps or healer. If I'm with people I know, we'll initiate a kick for any of them that we can.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Do you always blow things out of proportion? I'm talking about kids insulting you, because you "can't tank", even though you know they're wrong.
    How can you even take their insults seriously? They're bad. They're sad. They will never be good at this game because they can't even imagine that it's their fault. Their whole life is a joke. You play this game for fun (I guess). Do you think that everyone will be kind to you? They're not making the game any less fun for you by some insults, and if they are, you're doing something wrong. Quitting something that's fun for you (tanking) isn't the answer (well I guess you can punish them this way).
    What should not be happening is people simply putting up with said behaviour. We need a far more effective means of dealing with those players. (the toxic ones) a better and more robust reporting system and hell why not copy paste league of legends tribunal system while we are at it.

From the runs in LFR I have done (for some reason on my wow armoury im shown as 0 klaxxi when i've managed to get the legs from them and done them 4 times ;/) i've had people whisper me on or after the raid saying how much more fun it was when I was trying to be positive in there and actively leading the run (doing all the marking quickly doing tactics and just doing friendly banter).

If I was in a run and there was people constantly flaming or being negative, rather than simply ignoring them I would much rather leave and let them rot and wait for another tank. Luckily i've never done that as its never been that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Reasons why I don't tank anymore..

People that say gogogogogogo.
    People that want to pull for the tank.
    People that unload all their AoE before I even have mobs grouped up.
    People that then proceed to complain that they are pulling threat.

In short I don't tank LFR/LFD because of other people.

1) Don't stand around when you can be pulling.
    2) Don't stand around when you can be pulling.
    3) Don't wait to "group them up" before you start building threat on mobs.
    4) Don't let them pull threat.

All four of those things are in your control, and you have enough of a toolkit to fix all four of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Yes, it's very true. There was a poll recently asking the tanks if they tanked LFR - 85% said they wouldn't, and about 40% said it was because of the other players.
    Most people don't dps or heal LFR because of the other players. This means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    As someone who frequently tanks just about everything except LFR, I don't tank LFR because it's too damn slow as a tank, has very little to do with the people there (I just ignore them most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Tanks - BY FAR - have to do the most work during a boss fight in LFR, especially since the DPS usually ends up just standing in fire NO MATTER WHAT u try to do to help them.

Healers are also suffering because they gotta try and save stupid people (you need their "DPS" OR wait for Determination 5), but tanks are definitely suffering more when it comes to dealing with idiotic people (usually dps).

I run LFR as a DPS and sometimes as a Healer - but i would never want to do it as a tank...

I tanked a little bit on the side as a fill in on my Death Knight in Cataclysm, but I've been very hesitant to even get into it in MoP. The mechanics of the first two bosses of the expansion turned me off to it. Tanks got a lot of crap with the whole taunting business on Stone Guards, and then having to deal with the shield on Feng. Granted it was "only" normal mode, and LFR you just ignore the whole thing, but as I said, first impressions leave an impact. It was the thought of "if they're going to punish tanks this much on the first 2 bosses of the xpac, the rest of the xpac won't be much better."

That said, I dusted him off and ran a LOT of LFR's this weekend on my DK as dps. All of them, in fact. The last wing of SoO LFR took almost 4 hours to complete. We only wiped 4 times on bosses total - twice on Blackfuse, once on Paragons and once on Garrosh, but we spent a ton of time waiting for tanks. I think we had more tanks than boss wipes. Actually, I think we had more trash wipes than boss wipes, too.

We got almost all new tanks who had never been there before, and instead of asking what they needed to do and where to tank the boss or what the trash did, they just run in and pull to prove their manliness or coolness and wipe.

That seems to be the new "hotness" in tanking - you can only prove you're a better tank by pulling the entire room without waiting for anyone and without asking what to do. I'm sick of it.
    Last edited by Mortal Strike; 2013-11-18 at 02:18 PM.

Well, a common social problem in LFR is that you queue up, nobody even talks, expecting you to know your shit.. A lot of players who queue up for LFR, has never seen any videos or even done the bosses on LFR, since it's so accesible that anyone and their mom can queue up.

Not only do people generally not communicate in LFR, but at the same time most of these kinds of players who don't put any real effort into the game, don't even want to try to become better.. Like Ghostcrawler said, it's tourist mode... A lot of people are there just to snap pics, and look at the environment i guess.

Seriously though, i think people should be less elitist, and give people a break.. Not everyone has played this game hardcore for years, so you should at least try to help them understand a boss, or to even become a better player before flaming/kicking them.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

All four of those things are in your control, and you have enough of a toolkit to fix all four of those issues.

Abilities have CD's you know.

Can't build treat if I can't hit them. Hence having to group them up.

Can't stop them from pulling threat if I can't hit it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree to a point, I don't believe this is the only issue. I myself find LFR pretty boring once I can get out of it (as a DPS). Being able to coast through it on auto-pilot doesn't make it very engaging, and I would bet it's even more-so for tanks. I for one don't find tanking particularly enjoyable, but if I was doing it I wouldn't want to be somewhere I'm not being challenged.

10+ Year Old Account

/epicfacepalm

1) Be a DK gorefiends grasp is OP bullshit.
    2) Profit.

One fight I had to use it on was Garrosh as when I first did it I was running over to get one group and then quickly getting the other group and used gorefiends to send them into the path of an Ironstar (with the handy use of a monk statue). Now I no longer require it for those adds as the cheese tactic makes it null :P

It is handy for the mind control later as you can quickly grip any stragglers to you to get dps'd. Infact I would go as far to say as gorefiends probably the most OP move there is. I was using it to make the brewery last boss add phase (the one with the tons of little adds that spawn) into a cheese mode. Simply let them spawn used my blood elf silence and gorefiend grasp straight after and all of them were stacked in one place.

Still in LFR I got the odd "GOGOGO" when I was explaining tactics to a few people who did not know the fight (they asked what to do I was explaining and one impatient sod moaned!)

in LFD I don't really need the group as most of it can be solo'd so if they keep up with me or not is no longer my concern

After a long hiatus from dungeon/raid finder tanking, I decided to give it a go. Good lord, did I regret it. Players are terrible! In dungeon finder, people queue in their heirlooms and the dps go off pulling trying to tank just to prove they can, or want you to pull 3-4 packs of mobs, but don't let you gather them up first, or if its an undergeared healer, they still expect you to pull well beyond the healer's capability and if you don't you're "going too slow" of a "fail ass tank".

Raid finder is even worse. I had to solo tank mostly everything in the Zandalari one because the other tank was basically afking. He wasn't even clicked on the mobs, he was in the complete idle animation during trash and bosses. I was saying in raid chat AND whispering, something I shouldn't have to be doing while tanking a raid boss and adds begging him to switch with me because I was already at 10 stacks on the triceratops... Of course we wipe, and the response is "these tanks suck get rid of them," though no fault of my own.... As if I should be responsible for the entire raid and their actions simply because theres a little shield next to my nameplate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    What should not be happening is people simply putting up with said behaviour. We need a far more effective means of dealing with those players. (the toxic ones) a better and more robust reporting system and hell why not copy paste league of legends tribunal system while we are at it.

From the runs in LFR I have done (for some reason on my wow armoury im shown as 0 klaxxi when i've managed to get the legs from them and done them 4 times ;/) i've had people whisper me on or after the raid saying how much more fun it was when I was trying to be positive in there and actively leading the run (doing all the marking quickly doing tactics and just doing friendly banter).

If I was in a run and there was people constantly flaming or being negative, rather than simply ignoring them I would much rather leave and let them rot and wait for another tank. Luckily i've never done that as its never been that bad!
    You can ignore them and you will never be grouped with them ever again + you don't have to listen to their insults. That's all you can do while there is our precious anti-kick protection. IF you can't deal with them.
    If nobody will stand for you when you did nothing wrong and wiped, just leave that group. Punish them by waiting for another tank for 10 minutes. Exactly the same thing will happen with that next tank.
    Honestly I can solo heal LFR most of the time, half of healers are AFK, some of them are in dps specs, yet even if we wipe I finish the run. But when they try to shittalk (usually tanks, this whole thread is about that issue), I will punish them by leaving them with incompetent healers if they're that lucky that I'm actually the only one healing. But I would never think about quitting healing, because it's fun for me and it always was.

You have to understand that LFR is AFK fest. Tanks can't get away with being AFK, so shittalkers will focus on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    if you don't you're "going too slow" of a "fail ass tank".
    When did instances turn into a marathon anyways? It sometimes seems that some players have a little bomb implanted in their brains that will explode if they stand still for longer than 10 seconds between pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    You can ignore them and you will never be grouped with them ever again + you don't have to listen to their insults. That's all you can do while there is our precious anti-kick protection. IF you can't deal with them.
    If nobody will stand for you when you did nothing wrong and wiped, just leave that group. Punish them by waiting for another tank for 10 minutes. Exactly the same thing will happen with that next tank.
    Honestly I can solo heal LFR most of the time, half of healers are AFK, some of them are in dps specs, yet even if we wipe I finish the run. But when they try to shittalk (usually tanks, this whole thread is about that issue), I will punish them by leaving them with incompetent healers if they're that lucky that I'm actually the only one healing. But I would never think about quitting healing, because it's fun for me and it always was.

You have to understand that LFR is AFK fest. Tanks can't get away with being AFK, so shittalkers will focus on them.
    I agree you can leave and what not but I would rather avoid having to do that. To be honest i've very rarely had this problem (only a couple of times when soo was new and I was getting used to the tactics after watching a few video guys you still need to get a proper feel of the fight by doing it imo). Since then i've had 0 issues infact it was only the once that someone ever raged at me in LFR. Usually its someone raging at someone else. A lot of the time if the guys being a complete dick he gets kicked as a few other people agree'd with me when I initiated the vote kick.

We do need a better way of dealing with these numptys and giving us a proper reporting/kick feature is part of that. I have only put a few people on ignore ever in this game. Those guys are the worst of the worst.

Healers going AFK usually gets spotted and if their healings too low I often see them getting a kick. The DPS is usually a non issue as no one cares 90% of the time. Like I said the runs i've been in have been pretty damn good so far. Just the one bad run and other than that its usually someone being a bit of a muppet flaming someone else then said muppet dies to the floor boss and gets a vote kick XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is that strictly true? In my experience in PuGs/LFG it's usually the tank that's the one being somewhat aggressive towards others, especially healers. Now I am not saying all tanks = jerks! But I can't say I personally witnessed many tanks being victimized
    I don't think so most tanks are shitbags in the first place. My guess is the lack of tanks is due to them not needing LFR loot after a few weeks.

Deleted
    The raid pulls when I, the tank, decide to do so - not one second before.

Every time someone says "gogogo" I wait some more. Usually it gets the message across rather fast.

I think it's BS, they don't tank because they don't know the fights, and they're afraid to admit it, even here, even in the polls, the simple truth is that too much responsability lies on their shoulders, you see, if a dps queues not knowing the fight, he just dies and no one says anything, but a tank gets all sorts of harsh words, still, its their fault for not doing a little research (it takes 10 mins before hitting the queue button, for the first time onlly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I agree you can leave and what not but I would rather avoid having to do that. To be honest i've very rarely had this problem (only a couple of times when soo was new and I was getting used to the tactics after watching a few video guys you still need to get a proper feel of the fight by doing it imo). Since then i've had 0 issues infact it was only the once that someone ever raged at me in LFR. Usually its someone raging at someone else. A lot of the time if the guys being a complete dick he gets kicked as a few other people agree'd with me when I initiated the vote kick.

We do need a better way of dealing with these numptys and giving us a proper reporting/kick feature is part of that. I have only put a few people on ignore ever in this game. Those guys are the worst of the worst.
    Sure you shouldn't do that outside of certain rare situations when basically everyone is shittalking and it's the best way of how to punish them.
    I have a feeling that Blizzard can fix problems like this only by nerfing LFR even more so there's no possibility of wiping.

Healers going AFK usually gets spotted and if their healings too low I often see them getting a kick. The DPS is usually a non issue as no one cares 90% of the time. Like I said the runs i've been in have been pretty damn good so far. Just the one bad run and other than that its usually someone being a bit of a muppet flaming someone else then said muppet dies to the floor boss and gets a vote kick XD
    That's my point. AFK healers if noticed will get kicked very fast without any insulting going on. If they and tanks do things right, some people might insult them, but they won't get kicked - but you will see them getting insulted BECAUSE they're still in the raid.

If you do things right and still get kicked, hell you should be glad that you don't have to tank/heal for that sort of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    I think it's BS, they don't tank because they don't know the fights, and they're afraid to admit it, even here, even in the polls, the simple truth is that too much responsability lies on their shoulders, you see, if a dps queues not knowing the fight, he just dies and no one says anything, but a tank gets all sorts of harsh words, still, its their fault for not doing a little research (it takes 10 mins before hitting the queue button, for the first time onlly)
    The only fight DPS had to truly know what to do and what not to do and it got a huge nerf. Nazgrim the slayer of DPS.