Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    There was this Warlock with 850K health on Timeless yesterday farming Blood Coins all day and I havent seen him die once.

World pvp = for PvE heroes
    Killed a 920K lock in full heroic warforged on my full griev WW monk. If you are on EU, I'll make him die all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Dosent the pvp power not apply in the open world setting?

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I heard something about that for the start of MoP that full pvp gear essentialy makes you slightly weaker outside of battle grounds and arenas?
    PvP Power/Defense is useless against NPC's you are correct, but when battling another player then the PvP power is active. So it's based on what you are fighting.

Deleted
    I actually enjoy killing those blood coin farmers with my 570ish ilvl gear, eventhough they usually don't touch me first :P Have gotten quite alot hatewhispers about getting carried by the gear, but w/e, they choose to flag themselves as "Hey! Look, I'm just seeking for a low-geared person to gank for my personal achievements".

Deleted
    Legendary cloaks dont proc on players anymore, that was changed very very early on.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The world is a PvE environment your PvP comes second to high end PvE gear in a PvE environment. I guess they need to set aside some zones for you world PvPers where you can feel powerful in your sub par PvP gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Killed a 920K lock in full heroic warforged on my full griev WW monk. If you are on EU, I'll make him die all day long
    Don't forget that a ton of Warlocks only started playing recently - I meet them regularly and destroy them as well with my own Warlock. A lot of the old guard have left due to hating the changes or getting bored. Those who remain still wipe the floor with pretty much everything they find. Years of shitty design brought with it a certain affinity for the classes clunkyness :P

On the topic of PvE Gear I have to say that with the numbers being so retardedly out of control in PvE and the baseline Resil being active in World PvP, it's currently the most unfun PvP has ever been. And it's been pretty bad for a while now, but this expansion hit it to the moon and back. Personally I still play from time to time, but I prefer GW2 for my PvP needs. No Gear grinding (my Fire Mage would love baseline PvP Gear, let me tell you that) and no god damn healers with the survivability of a raid boss - at least in BGs where nobody focuses them ever besides yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    The world is a PvE environment your PvP comes second to high end PvE gear in a PvE environment. I guess they need to set aside some zones for you world PvPers where you can feel powerful in your sub par PvP gear.
    The reason they made baseline Resil so high as the Barrens patch. They knew all the PvE players without PvP Gear would whine their ears off and in the process they basically fist-punched most of the PvP players in the face and reversed the rules they had in place for years now. Funny, how they did a 180° in one patch due to realizing something bad would happen if it released without making PvE players poerful, after years of stating the opposite position.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2013-11-23 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel View Post
    I actually enjoy killing those blood coin farmers with my 570ish ilvl gear, eventhough they usually don't touch me first :P Have gotten quite alot hatewhispers about getting carried by the gear, but w/e, they choose to flag themselves as "Hey! Look, I'm just seeking for a low-geared person to gank for my personal achievements".
    I'd just reply "u mad, bro?".

Players who are decked out in pve gear, but who are really really bad at pvp, can still be killed with ease by pvpers despite any ilvl gap.

Some of my guildies have amazing pve gear but they still keyboard turn and click their actions bars. Easily killable.

Deleted
    Its fun to mess with bloodcoin-farmers in tankspec, found two of them earlier today and when I've had my way with them one of them whispers me

"Scrub"

And when I am to respond (cant resist it) with "you mad bro?"

"*name* is ignoring you".

Thats what I live for on the isle, Im the protector of the innocent ^^

Ganker crocodile's tears. Ever tried to do anything useful besides griefing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Loser View Post
    Players who are decked out in pve gear, but who are really really bad at pvp, can still be killed with ease by pvpers despite any ilvl gap.

Some of my guildies have amazing pve gear but they still keyboard turn and click their actions bars. Easily killable.
    Sounds like booshit. You won't get far in heroic raids if you click or keyboard turn.

<3 pve gear doesn't get scaled down

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Sounds like booshit. You won't get far in heroic raids if you click or keyboard turn.
    but you will, very easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    but you will, very easily.
    No, you won't. Or should we say that you can get R1 by keyboard turning and without using focus macros?

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    We have several raiders who click and keyboard turn, and clear heroics. PvE is merely a matter of memorizing patterns and cooldowns. It's not very reactive gameplay. It's very predictable.

While I agree that keybinding is definitely better, it's not really required in a pve environment.

PvP is another story. If you can't keybind, you won't get far. Playing against other players is VASTLY DIFFERENT than scripted encounters.

We have several raiders who click and keyboard turn, and clear heroics. PvE is merely a matter of memorizing patterns and cooldowns. It's not very reactive gameplay. It's very predictable.

While I agree that keybinding is definitely better, it's not really required in a pve environment.

PvP is another story. If you can't keybind, you won't get far. Playing against other players is VASTLY DIFFERENT than scripted encounters.
    If that is true...people saying PvP epics are welfare compared to PvE are even more wrong than I thought >_>

10+ Year Old Account

You clearly haven't done heroic raiding at a high level before. If players are keyboard turning and clicking then their dps is terrible and they're getting carried, they can hardly say they're doing it since they're basically relying on everyone else. It's like Swifty getting rank 1, you know he did next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    If that is true...people saying PvP epics are welfare compared to PvE are even more wrong than I thought >_>
    There will always be crybabies who say easy pve epics (timeless isle / lfr) or easy pvp epics (honor) are "welfare gear".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You clearly haven't done heroic raiding at a high level before. If players are keyboard turning and clicking then their dps is terrible and they're getting carried, they can hardly say they're doing it since they're basically relying on everyone else. It's like Swifty getting rank 1, you know he did next to nothing.
    I have done heroic raiding and, yes, they are clicking their action bars. Doesn't mean we are on the cutting edge of it. Like I said, it's just memorizing predictable patterns and cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm certainly not going to shed tears because you can't gank everyone like its a starting zone. If you want it bad enough, you'll hunt for the weaker foes or get help. I'm not sorry you don't feel like Zeus on redbull. Go back to your arena and weep about it.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...