Poll: Your Favorite Entry Boss

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Most challenging or most overall coolness?

Should take away all the post BC ones if we're talking challenging.

Overall coolness though would go to A'lar. Phoenix is cool. Loved the way he looked when I first stepped in there.
    You're like a broken record dude.

I really liked High King. A lot of coordination of people to make sure that the bosses were doing what they should be. Was great fun to organise as a raid leader.

Deleted
    Zor' lok might have not been excactly the definition of entry level for the "typical" team, but it was VERY enjoyable fight!
    Also from those that i have seen, High King Maulgar is a classic! Amazing fight, again doesnt fall into the "entry level" category, especially since Gruul's lair was a 2 boss encounters raid. The pull was the absolutely most entertaining experience of my wow life!

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Omnitron.

Almost went with Marrowgar and Zor'lok. Also if considering Heroic entry bosses then Shannox Heroic was kind of fun.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Shannox is boss #4 in Firelands.. Beth'tilac is the official entry boss.
    Al'ar is boss #3 in TK:Eye. Void Reaver is the official entry boss.

That said, from the poll, I choose Shannox..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's interesting to me you put Omnotron defense system instead of Magmaw, when I kind of assumed prettymuch everyone killed Magmaw first. I know my guild did, both on normal and heroic.

But anyway.

I guess my favorite would have to be flame leviathan actually. I never really thought about it before, but I have never really cared much for the entry bosses. Flame leviathan at least was fun and interesting.

It had 5 difficulty settings, which was nice. The vehicle abilities and how you used them and how they synergized with each other was really cool and fun. Motorcycles splurting out oil patches for demolishers to set on fire and the cycles also bringing pyrite to the demolishers to fuel their pyrite attack spam. The steam tanks interrupting his aoe ability and so on. I think it was pretty well done, and required no special setup or anything as it was all vehicle based, so classes didnt matter.

But then, I tend to like vehicle fights as long as the vehicle has neat abilities instead of sucky ones.
    Neat vehicle fights include Flame Leviathan, Malygos, and Putricide, while a sucky one that comes to mind would be Ambershaper. I guess basically any time the vehicle makes you more powerful instead of being a liability. I think the dragon phase of malygos was quite entertaining.

Some other Entry bosses not listed here would be some of the nax bosses. Since you technically had 4 to choose from. While I didn't care much for Instructor Razivus back in the 40-man days, when it was translated to Wrath and made 10-mannable with the little control pillar thingies, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Pretty simplistic fight, but it doesn't really take complicated mechanics to make a fight enjoyable.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Shannox is boss #4 in Firelands.. Beth'tilac is the official entry boss.
    Al'ar is boss #3 in TK:Eye. Void Reaver is the official entry boss.

That said, from the poll, I choose Shannox..
    I think this poll is going to be hugely skewed by what difficulty people did boss in. Probably explains why no on picked vizier. I think OP prolly going from a heroic perspective. some guilds do omni first b/c magmaw bugged to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Razorgore. Where that boss shined, and what hasn't been done since was give just about every class something to do that involved a unique aspect of their kit due to the variety and number of adds.

I liked beasts and halfus.

Hydross, due to it being the first "progression raid" I did. After clearing gruuls and mag, SSC seemed like such a huge step up.

Voted Flame Leviathan. It was just a different and cool encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    Hydross, due to it being the first "progression raid" I did. After clearing gruuls and mag, SSC seemed like such a huge step up.
    You probably did magtheridon post-nerf then. Before the nerfs he was harder than most of the SSC bosses. Nihilum which was basically the topguild back then stopped trying Magtheridon, then went in SSC and killed Hydros first. Then Blizzard nerfed Mag cause it was supposed to be a mid-tier boss between Kara and SSC/TK. Only then they killed Magtheridon.

See the killdates:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progression_%28TBC%29/SSC
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progression_%28TBC%29/ML

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    You probably did magtheridon post-nerf then. Before the nerfs he was harder than most of the SSC bosses. Nihilum which was basically the topguild back then stopped trying Magtheridon, then went in SSC and killed Hydros first. Then Blizzard nerfed Mag cause it was supposed to be a mid-tier boss between Kara and SSC/TK. Only then they killed Magtheridon.

See the killdates:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progression_%28TBC%29/SSC
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progression_%28TBC%29/ML
    our first mag kill was the night before the big nerf, of having to use multiple groups of cube clickers. and after you only needed to assign 5 people

Why isn't Rage Winterchill on there? D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    our first mag kill was the night before the big nerf, of having to use multiple groups of cube clickers. and after you only needed to assign 5 people
    Cube-nerf was in 2.4, late in the expansion, then i can see why you think SSC was harder than Mag

The big nerf was in first few weeks of TBC.

See the patchnotes of 2.4:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/02/08/2-4-patch-notes-up/

* Hellfire Citadel: Magtheridon's Lair
    o Many gameplay elements of the encounters in Magtheridon's Lair have been changed to decrease their overall complexity and difficulty.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2013-11-19 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Immerseus has an awesome model, but the fight drags on a lot which is why I don't think many people like it, so I didn't put it in the poll. I'm really surprised that so many people liked Marrowgar, I thought that boss was pretty lulzy and I was hesitant to put it in the poll.
    So...what? You're asking for other peoples' opinions, and since you don't like one of the bosses, you don't put it on? Just seems a bit weird.

My vote is for Northrend Beasts. Varied, somewhat challenging (at least for my meh guild), and ultimately quite fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Marrogar is somebody that I think rose to fame after the x-pac. Inside ICC he has been scolded at being too easy, even on HM.

That is how it is with entry bosses. we spend so much time on Razorgore, I hate, hate, hate this guy. Looking back it was fun times, but I know it wasn't. cancelled raids, frustrated people. But an enormous cheer when he went down. Dpsers actually bandaging healers. Bandages having a use. Think of that, hehe...

I vote Flame Leviathan for the new mechanics
    Way i remember it, Razorgore wasn't the guildbreaker. We didn;t have that much trouble with him either, few nights of trying and he was down.
    The real problem was Vaelastrasz, we spent weeks before we had enough DPS and enough geared soakers before we could down him.

Zor'lok was fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the list, its Marrowgar ofc, but wheres the Prophet from Aq40? I loved that fight with mind controls, giant sheeps and pre mage mirror images
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

It's easy to vote for Marrowgar, but Omnotron was a very well designed encounter with enjoyable mechanics. It's difficulty and complexity were perfect.