Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    The fact alone that there is a 10-level increase instead of 5 levels makes me ecstatic. This leaves more room for storytelling and lore-immersion, especially in Draenor.
    how so? those 10 levels will probably take the same amount of time than the 5 levels we got in pandaria / cata

Seems the majority of people are excited for WoD. The whiners are quite few and are mostly stuck with the no flying, the time travel and the no new race/class as bad features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Pretty much everyone I've talked to in guild or trade (and out of my friends) is on the same boat. WoD can't come soon enough and we're all pretty excited for it too.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am SOOOO excited for this.. The only thing I am upset about is the fact that it comes out during my final year Raid over Grade... I think not

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm highly excited for WoD, and my guild is too. We've actually seen a surge of interest from some returning players either becoming active again or actually joining the guild looking for a home for WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    how so? those 10 levels will probably take the same amount of time than the 5 levels we got in pandaria / cata
    Probably it'll be faster actually. Blizzard's words were "a fast paced romp through the zones". It's more about finding dynamic events, rares etc. just like Timeless Isle.

Deleted
    Personally I am super excited about actually "meeting" and interacting with all the legendary characters that WoD brings.
    Hell, the sheer thought of fighting Blackhand is giving me shivers.

The thought of fighting alongside Grom and seeing the friendship between Durotan and Doomhammer. Damn, the lore itself is already so exciting I can't wait.

I mean, people who know their lore and have read 'Rise of the Horde' and aren't excited about this probably had a terrible fall and forgot all about it.

And of course, gameplay. The sneakpeaks we've seen from Frostfire alone is giving me the same epic feeling that the thought of racing through Icecrown that WotLK did.

I can't wait!!

Saw the trailer and went OMGDISISGONNABESOCOOLHEADEXPLODINGFROMTHEEXCITEMENT and now I'm like OMGDISISGONNABESOCOOLHEADSTILLEXPLODINGFROMTHEEXCITEMENT

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, WoD's last boss could be the Vamparic, hermaphrodite, bastard child of Arthas that needs to drink blood in order to replenish its' sexual powers and it'd still be better than anything MoP produced.

I'm dead serious.

I'm excited. As I was about vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cataclysm and mop. Bring it on already!

I'm pretty excited. Really liking the vibe from this expansion. Their whole SAVAGE deal will be interesting. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Im always exited for a new expansion, tend to run dead in the old content right about now, so when they announce a new expansion Im super exsited

WoD looks awesome indeed, MoP was fine, and very beautiful, but didn't have the right WoW feel to me, I like darker themes for this game, and WoD seems to have that aspect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I wouldn't say you're one of the "few". I'm not really excited for it and I think I'm in the minority with that opinion. There are some cool features, but nothing really to warrant a re-sub imo.
    I would say "few" are not interested, I'm super excited for WoD for a lot of reasons and my whole guild the same and we are almost all vanilla players.

Don't be a hater.

The fact alone that there is a 10-level increase instead of 5 levels makes me ecstatic. This leaves more room for storytelling and lore-immersion, especially in Draenor.
    I just want to point out that for leveling, content per expansion = content per level x levels per expansion, so the number of levels is completely arbitrary. They could make it 2 levels or 30 levels and have exactly the same content.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about it, though I may be quitting simply due to lack of time anyway. It will always be cool to bash upcoming WoW content so the bitter vocal minority will always do it.

I haven't been this excited for an expansion since WOTLK. Cata was extremely disappointing, and MOP while not a bad expansion as far as features go, didn't really impress me all that much. Didn't really feel like Warcraft. It's good to see the game going back into a more traditional direction (if you can get past the time travel), and the features are looking pretty sweet also. Also yes, I'm so happy that they decided to finally update the character models over adding a new race or class. It will do much more for the game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited, but to be honest I'd be excited for any new expansion. If anything, the information I've gleaned from Blizzcon and since has but a damper on my excitement. At first glance, WoD just doesn't seem all that great in the story department. I will say I'm looking forward to this more than I was to MoP... but still, it'll seemingly be two expansions in a row for me that were misses on the story arc.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Most people are excited. Don't mind the people who scream that it's the end, those are there every expansion, even TBC and WotLK had as many if not more doomsayers.

You are the only one in the world op except me, I'm super excited. As is 90% of our guild

Honestly, I think those who complain on these forums are a minority who feel the need force their opinion down others throats, whilst the people who are content with the state of the game/future expansion just sit back and can be happy with what's going on.

You should make a poll because I think it would be interesting to see peoples opinions on the upcoming expansion and to reaffirm my idea that those who are disappointed about WoD are a simple minority.

Deleted
    I think this has potential to be the next great expansion since Wrath.

No flying for a patch won't be game-breaking or kill anybody. It'd be great to dust off my ground mounts and use them more, and I'm sure Blizz wont make the mistake of making everything too distant from each other so it becomes a drag.

The exclusion of new races/new classes is actually a great thing FOR NOW. It helps me create more of a connection to my characters instead of making an entirely new one because of a new expansion. 10 more levels with my veteran characters is going to be great.

However, my only fear is the end-game. I hope they learn from Cata and from MoP that grinding tedious heroics and doing dailies for a long span of time to just be raid-ready is not the way to go.
    Whether it's 5 or 10 levels, that's just a numbers thing. How much content there'll be depends on the number of zones and quests. They can have a level increase of just 1 and have you quest in 20 zones or they can have 20 more levels and have just 3 new zones. Number of levels doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-11-19 at 02:15 PM.