Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI is not cleaner than bartender. Because bartender is 1 mod. It doeant change anything but bars. Look at my ui, first post. How is that not clean? I use bartender among others.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    ElvUI is not cleaner than bartender. Because bartender is 1 mod. It doeant change anything but bars. Look at my ui, first post. How is that not clean? I use bartender among others.
    I don't like pre-packaged UI's but thats a personal preference.

That said I don't think your UI is particularly "clean" because you show a lot of useless shit on your screen. Perhaps my favorite features of bartender are the ability to Hide bars w/ show on mouseover (they are invisible until you mouse over them) and hide hotkey/macro text on buttons.
    Who really needs to show their bag bar or micro menu? And the "mount bar"? lol.
    You have your objectives tracker still in the middle/right side of your screen for no reason, your combat text is everywhere, and your using that Archaic "stock" buff/debuff tracker.

I would suggest:
    • Hide the extra buttons you don't need to see. Even if they are at the edges of the screen and not in the way, they are unnecessary and I think it makes your whole screen look better when it is uncluttered.
    • Hide the extra buttons you don't need to see. Even if they are at the edges of the screen and not in the way, they are unnecessary and I think it makes your whole screen look better when it is uncluttered.
    • Space out your action bars a bit (after ditching some useless things from it), get a nice skin for them; I suggest some version of Masque (formerly known as ButtonFacade). There's dozens of different skins on Curse, my personal favorite that I've used since Wrath is Darion. Really makes your buttons look so much nicer.
    • If you want to keep showing your Minimap (I like having it, some don't); SexyMap is a great addon, and it will let you move that annoying quest tracker to somewhere more useful (I like to put it on the left side of my screen but thats just me).
      Ditch those crappy de/buff icons for a bar system. I love Elkano's Buff Bars, used it since BC. It's got a lot of options too like black/white listing.
    • Alternately or additionally; get WeakAuras, TellMeWhen, or ExtraCD (I vote Weak Auras), to help you track the most important buffs/debuffs/procs etc. I notice you don't have anything tracking your Skull Banner, Rallying Cry, TfB, Sweeping Strikes, Reck, Tailsman proc or Dancing Steel buffs which are all rolling on you in that second screenshot. Install some addons that help you position reminds where you need them, so you don't have to look up in the corner of your screen away from the action; to sort through the HoT's on you, decipher what little icon is what, and which are procced at the same time.
    • Ditch the stock raid frames for something a little more manageable. Being a Warrior you don't really need to see raid frames like healers/dispellers/paladins might. I like Stuf (the raid frames, not unit frames) but just about any will do. Make it smaller and not taking up half the screen with ugly green blob bars.
    • Font Damage Changer because... eugh!

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Step one:
    Get an awesome transmog.

Step two:
    Sprinkle weakauras all over the place. (Probably need to side-scroll to see all of the glory.)

Step three:
    gif of UI in action
    Wondering if I could get the code for that weak aura...
    Last edited by Drknife; 2013-11-21 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Stupid mobile.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

I guess I'll add my new UI.

It ain't finished yet, but that's the basics.
    Last edited by Warriorsarri; 2013-11-24 at 02:44 PM.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

You guys gotta learn how to make thumbnails, so I can click for the full glorious view! This side scrolling stuff is for the dogs!

- - - Updated - - -

Out of Combat - Very bare; unit frames only pop up in combat, when I have a target or when my health is <100%; most of my bars are hidden until mouse over or show in combat only. I don't hide the bottom bar since those are longer cooldowns, things I might want to see out of combat. Ofc Skada is toggleable.

In Combat - Weak Auras, primary abilities box, unit frames, combat text, etc. I usually have Skada off in combat, since its distracting but sometimes leave it on, and I need a better place for the boss raid frames.

]

(click on images for full screen view with zoom, because I know how to post proper links! )

15+ Year Old Account
    You make good points, archimtiMos. Ill take that into consideration.

Deleted
    click for larger image:

UI in Action with Raidframes and Bossmods:

Here's mine, nothing fancy. Mostly ElvUI and WeakAuras (using Clampy's WA with a few changes and I love it). I use MSBT but only for incoming damage so I can see if it's a yellow or white hit. Hermes is there to track Raid CD's and then obviously Skada and DBM.

Last edited by trident00; 2013-11-21 at 08:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My overhauled UI thanks to some suggestions and WA strings

Deleted
    Thumbnails people. Use them.

Took me like 10 edits but i figured out how to do it! Kinda

I cleaned up the ui a lot using bindpad to hide most of my not used often abilities and having timers in the bottom left to show if they are on cd.
    Last edited by NetherVortex; 2013-11-21 at 09:49 PM.

Xeek what raid frames do you use? I can't seem to find a option for them in Elvui.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubesteakxxl View Post
    Xeek what raid frames do you use? I can't seem to find a option for them in Elvui.
    Raidframes are ElvUI.
    I can make a Screenshot of my Raid frame Settings tomorrow if you want.

Looking awesome man, but yeah use Imgur next time

[QUOTE=xeek87;23765130]click for larger image:

Could you post the strings for your trinket ICD auras? curious as to what settings you used to setup the solid yellow borders when your trinkets proc, been trying to set that up but I haven't found a way to do it.

What addon lets you place your character's image above your health bar, been looking for that for awhile now.

In reference to Archimtiros UI since i cant link images yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NetherVortex View Post
    I cleaned up the ui a lot using bindpad to hide most of my not used often abilities and having timers in the bottom left to show if they are on cd.
    I love Bindpad, been using it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by escko View Post
    What addon lets you place your character's image above your health bar, been looking for that for awhile now.

In reference to Archimtiros UI since i cant link images yet.
    It's pitbull. Its a very powerful addon that lets you setup your frames in almost any manner. But it does take a lot of setup and not overly user friendly. Be prepared to watch a video or experiment for awhile!

Guess mine is kinda untraditional with weird placement of my main bar.

OOC:

Combat:
    Last edited by Juni; 2013-11-22 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Guess mine is kinda untraditional with weird placement of my main bar.
    I like the placement of the combat text. I think it would drive me insane having it there, but assuming it was gotten used to, it would go a long way towards uncluttering the center of the screen!