Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Traveling has never been fun, in any game ever.
    Travelling is fun when your destination is actually difficult to get to. When travel presents zero danger, or gives you a significant advantage, it's boring.

Repair bills are because Blizzard needed some penalty for death, basic MMO formula.
    Here too, they could have made things far more interesting. Repair bills are generally inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by peedei View Post
    Not for 4 expansions. With how zealously you're defending this could you possibly be the developer who had this bright idea. Go on ruin the game even more, god knows why you still have your job after almost 2 years decline in subscribers.
    Yes, it has broken gameplay in the world for the past 4 expansions. because there isnt any since flight was introduced. Get it? Max level then never step into a zone except for nodes. Removal of flight will be great for this game, and you baduals can go back to playing skyrim with god mode on.

Yes, it has broken gameplay in the world for the past 4 expansions. because there isnt any since flight was introduced. Get it? Max level then never step into a zone except for nodes. Removal of flight will be great for this game, and you baduals can go back to playing skyrim with god mode on.
    You: Waaah travelling on the floor is boring.

Dev: Here fly really fast anywhere!

You: Dude this highlights how boring questing really is.

Dev: THEN STAY ON THE GROUND AND EAT YOUR DAMN VEGETABLES JEREMY!!!! *breaks down crying*

You: Waaah travelling on the floor is boring.

Dev: Here fly really fast anywhere!

You: Dude this highlights how boring questing really is.

Dev: THEN STAY ON THE GROUND AND EAT YOUR DAMN VEGETABLES JEREMY!!!! *breaks down crying*
    Im reporting this thread, because at this point you are just rambling. Many players complained about the introduction of flight. However in TBC it was still at a much lower level. It cost a ton and moved slowly, mainly used for getting to places like Orgri'la.

Questing does become boring when you helicopter quest, but because players dont want to hurt any form of personal progression in an MMO, they will fly so it is done faster. Then what? Empty world. Blizzard doesnt want an empty world, even if it is as little as somebody running through, because chances are somebody else will be too. And if players stick to roads? Oh hey look other people. Maybe they PvP if they are opposite factions, or talk while on autorun.

Im reporting this thread, because at this point you are just rambling. Many players complained about the introduction of flight. However in TBC it was still at a much lower level. It cost a ton and moved slowly, mainly used for getting to places like Orgri'la.

Questing does become boring when you helicopter quest, but because players dont want to hurt any form of personal progression in an MMO, they will fly so it is done faster. Then what? Empty world. Blizzard doesnt want an empty world, even if it is as little as somebody running through, because chances are somebody else will be too. And if players stick to roads? Oh hey look other people. Maybe they PvP if they are opposite factions, or talk while on autorun.
    People would stay on the ground if it was interesting, never had this problem questing GW2 because it was interesting all 80 levels. The world wouldn't be so empty if it had repeatable content that was fun to do like racing and daily platform chests like ^ yeah they don't have racing but they do have the latter. WoW gives no incentive for exploration, zilch, nada, zero. But GW2 does heck they even have an achievement that stretches all 80 levels and people grind that like sunday pie.

People view everything that's not them getting a new piece of gear as filler "shit"

and that's why WoW is the way it is these days.

ur tears taste so good i am glad u will quit in WoD just let u know 20 mores will resub instead of u

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-07 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    People view everything that's not them getting a new piece of gear as filler "shit"

and that's why WoW is the way it is these days.
    That's because there's nothing meaningful outside of gearing up, there are no alternatives to skinner box game design in WoW, being an achieve hunter is not really supported or encouraged neither is exploration. Questing has been the same since 2004 and people constantly talk about how boring it is, it was great in 2004, it is 2013 now. Things change ALOT every year and each year has shown us better more interesting things.

Deleted

It's 2013 and these devs think you can't make travelling fun because it's a god damn MMO!? Why are we funding this?????!!!!!!!!111111
    Because you are too addicted to this shit game so you can't stop but instead vent on forums.

I find repairing, reforging, enchanting, geming, flasking, and potting to be fairly trivial dispite only spending a fraction of my handful of hours of weekly play time gaining gold or other resources to supply my needs for such. Getting cold weather flying in WotLK was trivial as well was flying for Cata. Getting 310% by raid meta in early WotLK was not trivial as well as getting 280% flight speed in BC was no trivial task.

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Because you are too addicted to this shit game so you can't stop but instead vent on forums.
    Dude I don't even play WoW anymore, I voted with my wallet for two years now, I'm venting after seeing the shitfest of Blizzcon. I still love the IP and I sure as hell have my fond memories when WoW was THE only good MMO on the market. Since the announcement I used the Pandaland trial to see whats changed. NOTHING! It's all the same, the same ol' bull shizzle.

Edit: I guess I should rephrase it to people. My bad bro.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't even start with this shit.

It's amazing how quickly people conform to both the "Burning Crusade was flawless!" and "FLYING MOUNTS RUINED THE GAME!" arguments, as if creating some mental disjunction to try and create a world where flying mounts weren't some feature of Burning Crusade.

Flying mounts were the EXACT. SAME. WAY. in Burning Crusade. EXACT SAME.

-Epic flying WAS quicker than ground mounts.
    -They were used to reach specific areas; there were areas COMPLETELY INACCESSIBLE without them.
    -You could do the EXACT SAME "dismount, kill, mount up, drown down, kill, etc." The EXACT SAME. It was no different.
    -PvP objectives? Guess what; you could drop straight down out of the air and gank to your heart's desire. In fact, you could even cap objectives while sitting on flying mounts.

I'm tired of this horseshit "IT WAS DIFFERENT IN BC!" as evidenced by a bunch of half-constructed vague throwback points.

You either admit it was the same and say flying mounts started ruining the game back in Burning Crusade (Which leads me to wonder why you've played something you hate for six years) or you admit that flying mounts really aren't a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I ever did on the timeless isle that was "other-player oriented" or "pertained to a lack of flying mounts" was waiting for other people to run by the big charging Yaungol or the fire elementals and distract them for me while I went to somewhere that mattered.

And usually the Yaungol just charged and killed them, or the fire guys nuked them. I didn't say boo to the people themselves.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Don't even start with this shit.

It's amazing how quickly people conform to both the "Burning Crusade was flawless!" and "FLYING MOUNTS RUINED THE GAME!" arguments, as if creating some mental disjunction to try and create a world where flying mounts weren't some feature of Burning Crusade.

Flying mounts were the EXACT. SAME. WAY. in Burning Crusade. EXACT SAME.

-Epic flying WAS quicker than ground mounts.
    -They were used to reach specific areas; there were areas COMPLETELY INACCESSIBLE without them.
    -You could do the EXACT SAME "dismount, kill, mount up, drown down, kill, etc." The EXACT SAME. It was no different.
    -PvP objectives? Guess what; you could drop straight down out of the air and gank to your heart's desire. In fact, you could even cap objectives while sitting on flying mounts.

I'm tired of this horseshit "IT WAS DIFFERENT IN BC!" as evidenced by a bunch of half-constructed vague throwback points.

You either admit it was the same and say flying mounts started ruining the game back in Burning Crusade (Which leads me to wonder why you've played something you hate for six years) or you admit that flying mounts really aren't a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I ever did on the timeless isle that was "other-player oriented" or "pertained to a lack of flying mounts" was waiting for other people to run by the big charging Yaungol or the fire elementals and distract them for me while I went to somewhere that mattered.

And usually the Yaungol just charged and killed them, or the fire guys nuked them. I didn't say boo to the people themselves.
    Here here! Flying mounts were just the herald of new problems the developers didn't want to face and still to this day have not.

Questing does become boring when you helicopter quest
    in your opinion. I happen to like it. It makes me feel like my character is just a little more badass.

but because players dont want to hurt any form of personal progression in an MMO, they will fly so it is done faster. Then what? Empty world. Blizzard doesnt want an empty world
    Here's the problem - I don't give two shits want Blizzard wants. I paid those SOBs money just to rectify my 7.5 year mistake and play on a PVE realm. I'll never get ganked again. 100% agree on the rest WRT progression though.

even if it is as little as somebody running through, because chances are somebody else will be too. And if players stick to roads? Oh hey look other people. Maybe they PvP if they are opposite factions, or talk while on autorun.
    I don't talk to people and like I said you can't gank me anymore and not being a sociopath (or 15) I don't want to gank you.

I don't understand why they don't just leave it the way it is. If you REALLY want to use ground mounts than use them. If you want to use flying mounts then use them. The two styles of gameplay aren't mutually exclusive.

It's simply the majority of people who don't want flying to be there, don't have the self discipline to not use it. Because they feel like getting to end game content on day 1 instead of day 2 really fucking matters. Which it doesn't.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't understand why they don't just leave it the way it is. If you REALLY want to use ground mounts than use them. If you want to use flying mounts then use them. The two styles of gameplay aren't mutually exclusive.

It's simply the majority of people who don't want flying to be there, don't have the self discipline to not use it. Because they feel like getting to end game content on day 1 instead of day 2 really fucking matters. Which it doesn't.
    "Everyone is going faster than I want to go... I suppose my option are:

1) go faster myself
    2) Stop caring that other people are going faster than me

Hmmm I don't like those... No, wait, I got it,

3) FORCE THE OTHER PEOPLE TO GO SLOWER!"

It's sad.

They're the same type of person thinking LFR should be gutted or removed because they "feel they have to run LFR to keep up with their guild," so instead of expending extra effort or the like, they ask for LFR to be castrated so they don't feel forced to run it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Everyone is going faster than I want to go... I suppose my option are:

1) go faster myself
    2) Stop caring that other people are going faster than me

Hmmm I don't like those... No, wait, I got it,

3) FORCE THE OTHER PEOPLE TO GO SLOWER!"

It's sad.
    That is exactly what's happening, And you're right it is sad.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

What would happen if they buffed open world ground mounts to flying speed. This doesn't get away from the fact that travelling is boring.

Yes, I took Algebra 2, I know about graphic in three dimensions. Are you dont spewing what I can only hope is a bad attempt at satire?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Competition isnt much of a key element in single player RPGs. You arent competing against anybody, there is no score at all.
    If there is no competition in MMOs, how exactly flying breaks game play? if its not a competition, player should be able to chose their own pace and decide themselves which content they want to experience? rather than grounding them while the content is current. what i see is, its an bliz attempt to throttle down content consumption rate. Lets face it, having an expansion ready every year takes enormous amount of time and work, and then ppl just gets bored in 2 months and goes away. Ppl will still go away, except even experiencing the entire content., unless they can make questing really enticing.

No flying is fun so long i m having fun being grounded. That said, time less island is a disappointment for me now. Their is nothing in there for me to gain, except for weekly Ordos kill. Any body remember IoT mobs dropping a few trashes that sold for couple golds? it was pretty nifty, so all the mobs i killed, i could make a bit of cash. And, this feature is gone from timeless isle as well. Name one thing that makes u want to go back to timeless once 1) u got all burdens u need 2) collected all pets. It already feels low on pop, ppl seen all they could and went back to cities. Having an entire expansion like that will be so sad. Unless they can really make it fun. I will wait and see.

Maybe if the game were newer and I just had more enthusiasm for it, i'd enjoy the no-flying thing.

But as it stands, the game barely holds my interest as it is. Raiding is the only thing I really care about at this point with all the other little "activities" offered just being things to attempt to occupy my time when I cannot raid with my team. I don't really care much for making the walking around and shit more immersive because I do not care about that at all. I'd rather have the convenience of flying mounts to just get what I need done or go where I need to go.

Traveling isn't fun unless there are mechanics in place to support making traveling fun.

I still remember in ultima online I had a rune marked to this guy's house who was basically just a huge museum of runes marked to places all over the world and lots of people went there just to be able to recall or gate on some of these runes. Every city, every dungeon, every notable place and even various obscure locations or places of interest. It was pretty fantastic. UO knew. It knew riding your horse a hundred fucking miles from one city to another was not fun or engaging, even if you had to dodge some trolls and shit in the road to get there, no one cared. But then again UO also let you fight and cast spells while mounted. Many years before WOW was created, and now even 9 years later, WOW still doesn't let you even do that. tsk tsk
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.