Thread: Spell Effects

10+ Year Old Account

Spell Effects

I can't recall exactly, but I thought I read somewhere in the Blizzcon panel that they were going to allow you to turn off other player's spell effects in WoD. Is someone able to confirm this? I'm unable to find where I read it - Or maybe I'm just wishing. I could have sworn that I read it though :P If so it'd be the best thing ever! Lol

It's funny you mention this. I started playing about a week ago, and so far I never see some players abilities. I've been playing with a Druid and while I hear the effect of Moonfire, I've never actually seen the effect.

I don't know about turn them off altogether but they did say they would be tuning them down more for other players.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-12-17 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. It gets pretty ridiculous and can actually cause some visual issues when seeing area effects of enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I agree....When you're 25 man raiding the boss' visual cues are easily lost among the 4129831231 spell effects flying all over :P + When you have like 3 DK's doing Army, 3 Hunters doing Stampede, 2 Boomkins doing Treants, Shamans with Elementals, Warlock demons, it gets pretty painful for melee! >.<

I hope you can tweak it and it's not mandatory.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

They need to filter out spell sounds from other players as well. Raiding with sound on is pure earrape.

They didn't say it was a feature. The idea came up during a Q&A and they said that they have been taking steps to reduce effect spam (for example, mage's Rune of Power is almost invisible to other players and doesn't have the AoE glow). They also said that a toggle option for other players' spell effects is an interesting idea, but there was no confirmation on whether it would be in WoD.

They already do that with spells like the mage runes, which look not at all flashy if the rune on the ground isn't yours. Expanding this to other spells was long overdue, and while they are at it, they should finally add a seperate sound slider for dialogue sound, why it is coupled with combat sound is just mindnumbingly stupid. Did none of the sound guys ever play a melee in game?