Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The timeless isle is only difficult for melee. It's a cake walk for ranged classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    The timeless isle is only difficult for melee. It's a cake walk for ranged classes.
    Umm no. Ret Paladin here, its freaking retarded. Endless loot and coins. Whats so hard about this place exactly?

It's hard in the sense that if make a mistake you're going to die but the execution itself really really isn't difficult at all. I've heard a lot of people complain about kilnmasters but all you really have to do there is run around in a circle while attacking it, easy for melee, hunters, or locks. And body pull them, don't be stupid and ranged pull and get charged and oneshot

- - - Updated - - -

Frogs are dangerous but the mechanic screams "pull one at a time and wait till debuff falls", it's basically that simple and you won't die there, unless you're doing bufo and some moron in a hurry to get the tag runs six frogs into your cloak proc

No matter how hard something in WoW is, there will be threads full of people that break it down saying it's not easy. If your melee and undergeared for the content, it's hard. I could barely kill the Yaungol trash when I first started on the island as a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Umm no. Ret Paladin here, its freaking retarded. Endless loot and coins. Whats so hard about this place exactly?
    So killing cinder as a melee is easy? I highly doubt that is true. I bet you do what the rest of the melee do and spam a ranged attack like judgment.

10+ Year Old Account
    So killing cinder as a melee is easy? I highly doubt that is true. I bet you do what the rest of the melee do and spam a ranged attack like judgment.
    As a monk it is. Straight line? Step aside. Frontal cone? Move to whichever side is closest. AoE? Roll out. Which is not to say that he never kills me...but it's from getting distracted or bad luck, and it doesn't happen very often. Having 19% movement speed plus Roll probably makes a big difference though.

Ten pages of people exemplifying a single rare.

Is Cinder easy as melee? Debatable. But is he difficult? Not at all. Everything he does is advertised. And anyway, if you die because of a bit of bad timing, big whoop. It's not a raid, there's nothing on the line, there's no useful loot, you're not letting anyone down, and he'll be dead in nineteen seconds. Nothing on the Timeless Isle is difficult.

Everyone patting the OP on the back is keyturning and staring at their action bars with the stock UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying 1 specific mob is one thing, saying TIMELESS ISLE IS HARD is something else. Hell, H-Baleroc was hard when I was healing it(current) but Firelands in general was retarded. And yes killing Cinder as a melee is not difficult. I think I have a harder time with celestials. Actually I do.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Go try all of the content Timeless has to offer yourself and you'll find out how I died.
    Been there, done that. Not too impressed. And that was on a pvp server, and it was still hard to get myself killed

Deleted
    About time that there's something difficult for mdps, they have had it way too easy in this game for the longest time.

Whats this about?

Timeless isle isnt difficult at all, by any stretch of imagination.

Unless you consider mobs capable of 1-hitting you unless you dodge difficulty. I think thats kinda piss poor design myself, especially when some asshole can chain a big wad of them right on top of where you are. I see people do this all the time trying to wipe ordos groups, one well placed attack can instagib half a raid. Piss poor design.

But when you're just up there soloing without some assholes in the area? Nothing to it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

tbh i dont see any reason to kill the elites as fresh lvl 90 , the chests have more than enough items to gear you up , but ofc then u have the aggro problem with those mobs specially if u r on a low pop server everything will aggro while running around

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Whats this about?

Timeless isle isnt difficult at all, by any stretch of imagination.

Unless you consider mobs capable of 1-hitting you unless you dodge difficulty. I think thats kinda piss poor design myself, especially when some asshole can chain a big wad of them right on top of where you are. I see people do this all the time trying to wipe ordos groups, one well placed attack can instagib half a raid. Piss poor design.

But when you're just up there soloing without some assholes in the area? Nothing to it.
    So what do you consider 'difficult'?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warrior with about I460 I had to grind cranes and iron furs for a few days before anything else became possible. It wasn't difficult as much as it was a gear check. It also wasn't much fun after a week, but that's likely just my issue.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    you're joking right? Chi-ji buff + any melee class = annihilating everything.

That's what it takes to stay alive. Understand Cinderfall is intended to be a group venture. Melee throw a knife or my fave, the G91 Landshark at him and stand back while ranged do all the work. If you are concerned about your dps meter results on timeless isle you really should take a break from the game. There isn't a lot of room to work around Cinderfall, kudos to you if you actually try to melee him but working smarter, not harder is typically better for timeless isle.
    I've gotten a few kills on him with just heroic throw and wait. Melee only gets bad at the top of the ramp when everything has a cone of death and likes to pull in groups. The game as a whole tends to have a difficult time making life easy for melee or hard for ranged tho. Blackfuse seems to be a good balance but most bosses/mobs only have melee ranged mechanics to worry about.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I've been there on my pally and warlock. Warlock was in 520+ pally was 480. Neither was in a arty and neither has died on the isle.
    If you haven't died dozens of times on the isle, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    The best thing about Timeless Isle is how it is encouring group play

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If you haven't died dozens of times on the isle, you're doing it wrong.
    The times I died to random charge because a mob I wasn't even in combat with decided to charge at me instead of the person combating it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    you're joking right? Chi-ji buff + any melee class = annihilating everything.
    Let's just ignore ranged getting comparable benefit, and fire mages getting arguably the most benefit of all. Also being able to kill all except the high priests in <1min does not make it easy when you compare to ranged who don't even have to be in danger, ever.

That's what it takes to stay alive. Understand Cinderfall is intended to be a group venture. Melee throw a knife or my fave, the G91 Landshark at him and stand back while ranged do all the work. If you are concerned about your dps meter results on timeless isle you really should take a break from the game. There isn't a lot of room to work around Cinderfall, kudos to you if you actually try to melee him but working smarter, not harder is typically better for timeless isle.
    Working smarter in that I don't want to wait 5 minutes for a ranged to carry me through cinderfall? No thanks I will just melee it, it's doable and I can be done 4 minutes faster. Should I be waiting on archireus' too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I like the island, but your experience will depend on your gear. If you're at <490 when you go there, you'll get a ton of rewards but die all the time. If you're at >530 when you go there, most things will be fairly harmless but you'll get no rewards other than pets.

You still die instantly from charge+cleave. It's avoidable by staying close, but then you're in the same boat as melee.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.