Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No. A melee trapper is the only thing I could think of bordering on Rogue, but usually they have range weapons too... Pass.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I would prefer a spec without a pet actually or a talent like Warlock sacrifice.
    congratulations! you are getting exactly what you want!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I'm a rogue. Want to trade one of my melee specs for one of your ranged ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every weapon will be a hunter weapon. Like every item was a hunter item. Sorry this thread just made me think of something I remembered from somewhere... Something from a long time ago.
    Actually a hunter melee spec might be fun but I'm not sure how you'd differentiate it from a Arms warrior. Plus every shot would probably have to become a throw.

Deleted
    No, Never ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I'm a rogue. Want to trade one of my melee specs for one of your ranged ones?
    Melee hunter spec and a ranged rogue spec (with throwing blades!) would be good ideas for 4th specs. How hunters would do it? I have no idea. Probably a talent that lets them equip a polearm, sword, axe or dagger, and not a bow. Rogues could continue to use daggers, swords and axes for their spec. While a rogue with a bow could be fun, and would give another use for bows, thrown daggers feels more right.

i want hunter to be unable to attack in melee range. thats what i want. good ole days

I don't think melee hunters would be viable right now without 4th specs, because it would destroy a hunter spec for many people, but I believe it could be possible to insert the melee aesthetics into the hunter class without changing it, by adding a glyph:

Glyph of the Melee Hunter - while within melee range, your shots appear as melee attacks with a melee weapon from your backpack.

so nothing would change for the hunter as far as mechanics go, but if you were in melee range, and you had a pair of axes in your backpack, your attacks would appear as axe slashes until you got far away. than they would return to being shots.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

it would be interesting, but how do you make it feel different from playing a warrior or a rogue?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    it would be interesting, but how do you make it feel different from playing a warrior or a rogue?
    Low range shots but that needs use on onehanded weapons which we dint have in the game
    Melee hunter inpossible but something like hybrid who use 1 pistol and one melee weapon in their hands and have mixed low range shots who aply several kind of dots and some melee abilityes would looks good
    Also SVV is more spec that can fill role like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd rather have melee/range cosmetic slots. Warrior wants a rifle on his back just because he likes the look? Hunter wants swords at his hips? Go for it!

Would be nice along with the visible librams, etc they've wanted to add.
    I'd be happy with that too tbh.

Deleted
    I'd rather see Ranger class with such a spec + some ranged rogue spec + some heavy weapon spec with caster mechanics.

New classes are more spectacular than 4th specs.

No. If I wanted to play a melee DPS, I would be playing a rogue, warrior, monk, death knight, shaman, paladin, or druid. Would I be pissed if they added a melee spec? Honestly, yes, I would, if it was the optimal DPS spec. A hunter's one "utility" in a raid environment right now is our freedom of movement at range.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't think melee hunters would be viable right now without 4th specs, because it would destroy a hunter spec for many people, but I believe it could be possible to insert the melee aesthetics into the hunter class without changing it, by adding a glyph:

Glyph of the Melee Hunter - while within melee range, your shots appear as melee attacks with a melee weapon from your backpack.

so nothing would change for the hunter as far as mechanics go, but if you were in melee range, and you had a pair of axes in your backpack, your attacks would appear as axe slashes until you got far away. than they would return to being shots.
    Fucking hell yes please. I don't want any actual melee spec for hunter, but I definitely do miss actually having a use for all those cool looking weapons sitting in my bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I agree completely. Beast masters are supposed to dual wield axes anyway, like Rexxar. I could even see them being a tank spec, POSSIBLY.
    You seem to forget that Rexxar was a TBC era hunter, when any hunter spec could dual wield any 1H weapon (except maces). There's nothing in class lore, or any other source really, that states that as a spec within the Hunter class, Beast Mastery has to, or as you put it "are supposed to", dual wield anything, let alone axes.

On topic tho, would I like to see Hunters have a melee spec, or some melee abilities restored? Absolutely not. We're a ranged physical DPS class in WoW. The melee abilities of old were purely so we weren't target dummies at point blank range, back in the "dead-zone" days. In other words, no longer required!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, plenty of melee classes, especially the annoyingly overdone dual-wield classes which hunter would for some reason be likely lumped into. When I play my hunter, it's because I'm in the most for mostly unhindered, mobile ranged combat.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Melee hunter spec and a ranged rogue spec (with throwing blades!) would be good ideas for 4th specs. How hunters would do it? I have no idea. Probably a talent that lets them equip a polearm, sword, axe or dagger, and not a bow. Rogues could continue to use daggers, swords and axes for their spec. While a rogue with a bow could be fun, and would give another use for bows, thrown daggers feels more right.
    Any ranged weapon could work for rogues.

Why?

Snipers.
    Think Amber Kearnen.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I would prefer a spec without a pet actually or a talent like Warlock sacrifice.
    That talent is a cheap fix for a fundamental problem with pet classes.
    Target switching.
    Pets do not switch as quickly as you do.
    A ranged pet, like the warlock imp has less downtime but still suffers from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    You seem to forget that Rexxar was a TBC era hunter, when any hunter spec could dual wield any 1H weapon (except maces). There's nothing in class lore, or any other source really, that states that as a spec within the Hunter class, Beast Mastery has to, or as you put it "are supposed to", dual wield anything, let alone axes.

On topic tho, would I like to see Hunters have a melee spec, or some melee abilities restored? Absolutely not. We're a ranged physical DPS class in WoW. The melee abilities of old were purely so we weren't target dummies at point blank range, back in the "dead-zone" days. In other words, no longer required!
    The explanation is easier than that really. Heroes go by their own rules. They don't have to follow any in game logic. Rexxar is a beastmaster. He has animal companions and uses axes. He is himself, he is not really a hunter, no matter what they say for Hearthstone.

Personally, I don't.

Hunters got one of the bigger requests in the form of pet-free play (I'm interested in seeing how this feels actually). Seeing that stat sticks have been gone for a while, I really don't see them ever leaning back towards a melee capacity for the class.