Poll: Which was Implemented Better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Monks were implemented better in terms of balance. Death Knights were implemented better in terms of lore / immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights are the far cooler class.

Of course, that's true when you compare ANY class to Death Knights, so...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Death grip was a little OP at start because i believe DK's were so powerful after grip you had about 5 seconds to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Death grip was a little OP at start because i believe DK's were so powerful after grip you had about 5 seconds to live.
    So many people were death gripping right off the bat you wouldn't really remain in front of one DK for too much time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Death Knights started at lvl 55 and were OP as fuck for a significant period.

Monks have to go through 1-90
    I consider that implemented better. Why switch or even try it out if it's not overpowered at the start? Isn't that why people rush new champions in LoL? Sure monks were new but they were, with the exception of mistweavers, very underpowered. That class hasn't stuck for many people for that reason.

Monk definitely. They were well balanced at launch and seemed to fit right in.

The variability of having a DK in your party was enormous. It was either hideously OP or downright terrible. Everyone jumped around the specs for tanking and sometimes it was just nightmarish.

However, DK's did get a very lore-centric start. That was pretty fun.
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

Monk. DKs should have started at level 1, the DK intro quests should have been levels 1-10. The immense amount of retarded DKs in dungeons was just...ridiculously unfun for quite some time. Plus they were OP. That being said, I do like the DK class better than the monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember my highest level character was 59 at Wotlk release... the horror of AV the absolute horror! ud think ud kill the DK then BAMN they come back from the dead! WTF WAS THAT
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"