Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Wells, someone could bring a literal mountain of evidence against your political views, I mean literally, truck by truck, dump evidence on your doorstep the size of Mount Fuji, and it wouldn't move your view one iota. You're way out there. I get it. You will just keep asserting. You should just avoid these threads.
    Theoretically speaking, someone could. However you haven't, and the fact you think some fictional person could, doesn't excuse you from the burden of doing so. If you want to be taken seriously, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wells, someone could bring a literal mountain of evidence against your political views, I mean literally, truck by truck, dump evidence on your doorstep the size of Mount Fuji, and it wouldn't move your view one iota. You're way out there. I get it. You will just keep asserting. You should just avoid these threads.
    This, from someone who has posted the likes of this, in the past;

There is no global warming crisis.
    Despite, in that particular case, a literal mountain of evidence against your views.

I would suggest you seem to be projecting your own predilections on others.

Yes, I know you had justifications in that thread, about the potential rise of solar power, but the point remains; you are personally guilty of what you are claiming others are guilty of. Demonstrably so. While not providing the evidence that those others are similarly guilty. Which is why it boils down to projection; if you'll freely do it, you assume others would, too.

Let's not forget also creating a thread complaining about people asserting things with no evidence.

I'd be for removing religious tax exemption if and only if we remove the tax exemption for non-profits generally. I understand why we have the exemptions (to encourage nonprofits/religious institutions) but I'd opt for removing it only if the rule were kept consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

^ Prob the only way it could be done politically since nonprofits tend to back Dems and religious institutions tend to back Reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    cuz bible and god and shit. How dare you question the divine ?!
    Because of separation between church and state. State does not tax church, and in return we don't get Church of X supports canidate Y, Vote for Y telling the congregation or influencing the senators themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So should the state subsidize them saying gay people are immoral and go to hell?
    yes. Cause thats protected under Freedom of Speech. You being hateful bigot does not exclude you from tax cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Cause thats protected under Freedom of Speech. You being hateful bigot does not exclude you from tax cuts.
    Actually it falls under equal protections but hey w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    When you're in the habit of creating your own reality, it's all the evidence you ever need.
    No. The reality is created through the media. Since many people don't actually hang out with Atheists, and most atheists don't exactly advertise themselves as Atheists, you are only exposed to radical atheists on the internet and the media. Another reason being, over this century, most religious members have taken live and let live stance, but media exposes atheists only doing selfish things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No its not. Its a belief. Sometimes they help the poor.
    Not only that. Religious people are only ones to actually stupid enough to help people in dangerous places. Think about this, You all donate money for charity, who do you think actually works at ground level in places like Somalia? Volatile places? Salvation Army example, used to fight Drug dealers with AK 47, in South America. Believe it or not, religious members often work with people that society abondons, the leapers, the prostitutes, the homeless, and even criminals. Churches in Brooklyn for example, also keep the young teens busy, so they don't end up in gangs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    about time, religious organisations should pay tax like everyone else, this isn't medieval England

also why don't people use different fonts?, basically the first time I've seen someone actually use a diff font :P
    See separation between church and state. The moment you tax churches, you must then give voice to those churches like corporations. No taxtation without representation.

Deleted
    See, being an athiest is arguably as silly as believing in a god, end of the day we don't know either way. I literally don't give a shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not only that. Religious people are only ones to actually stupid enough to help people in dangerous places. Think about this, You all donate money for charity, who do you think actually works at ground level in places like Somalia? Volatile places? Salvation Army example, used to fight Drug dealers with AK 47, in South America. Believe it or not, religious members often work with people that society abondons, the leapers, the prostitutes, the homeless, and even criminals. Churches in Brooklyn for example, also keep the young teens busy, so they don't end up in gangs.
    I don't think anyone ever said that religions don't help people or don't put themselves in these positions. By all means, every cent that goes towards charitable work should remain tax free. It's when pastors live like small business owners off of church tithe and don't even pay taxes on their property that calls for some change.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And I have an atheist friend that travels the world teaching people in Croatia, Georgia, Indonesia, and other areas where recent upheaval has screwed up the existing infrastructure. Helping the needy isn't the sole domain of the religious.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sure, but they cant actually be represented in congress beyond a lobbying standpoint, as that "taxation without representation" was applied to individuals. Are U.S citizens being represented? yes.
    Well, right now, churches can't lobby even. Churches also for example, can not donate their general fund to elect political leaders. Members can donate whatever they want separately sure, but church as a whole organization can't back particular canidate with its money. If you are confused, I meant Church and Its members are two separate entities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And I have an atheist friend that travels the world teaching people in Croatia, Georgia, Indonesia, and other areas where recent upheaval has screwed up the existing infrastructure. Helping the needy isn't the sole domain of the religious.
    It is the domain of the stupid. Your atheist friend is an outlyer. You tell me who in the right mind would go to such places, when you could just donate the money and forget about it. Don't tell me this is not true for the general population of any nation.

Deleted
    It is the domain of the stupid. Your atheist friend is an outlyer. You tell me who in the right mind would go to such places, when you could just donate the money and forget about it. Don't tell me this is not true for the general population of any nation.
    The fact that you consider helping people to be stupidity paints your character wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Shadis View Post
    The fact that you consider helping people to be stupidity paints your character wonderfully.
    painted by your imagination and nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    painted by your imagination and nothing else.
    Probably, morals are relative after all.

No. The reality is created through the media. Since many people don't actually hang out with Atheists, and most atheists don't exactly advertise themselves as Atheists, you are only exposed to radical atheists on the internet and the media. Another reason being, over this century, most religious members have taken live and let live stance, but media exposes atheists only doing selfish things.
    Ah, and we're back to "the media" as the source of all problems...

Sigh.

Because of separation between church and state. State does not tax church, and in return we don't get Church of X supports canidate Y, Vote for Y telling the congregation or influencing the senators themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

yes. Cause thats protected under Freedom of Speech. You being hateful bigot does not exclude you from tax cuts.
    There's nothing hateful or bigoted about questioning tax policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Shadis View Post
    Probably, morals are relative after all.
    no i mean the character you painted on him wasn't based on what he actually said

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing hateful or bigoted about questioning tax policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    See separation between church and state. The moment you tax churches, you must then give voice to those churches like corporations. No taxtation without representation.
    Citizens United already applies to church organizations. If you are somehow braindead enough to think churches in America aren't being represented in politics, well I just can't imagine what to say.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Isn't it that they don't tax the church? I don't see why they would have an exemption for something that's not owned by the church itself, but by the religious minister. It's not like just because I go to church and own a house, I get tax free status on my house.

Am I interpreting this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.