Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why are people so desperate for a Demon Hunter class?

I never really saw the appeal myself - just another DKesq class except it's demonic not unholy

10+ Year Old Account
    Well cause there are one of the most iconic Warcraft classes (Mostly Warcraft 3)...

There are not many other iconic classes that are not in the game as populars and known as the Demon Hunter

Deleted
    Because running around shirtless while showing off your perfect six-pack is just cool. Im willing to accept other explanation if you find me a single Demon hunter from WoW that has his shirt on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I never really saw the appeal myself - just another DKesq class except it's demonic not unholy
    They probably have a ton of 90s and want something new that'll only be about 3% different from what they can already be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well cause there are one of the most iconic Warcraft classes (Mostly Warcraft 3)...

There are not many other iconic classes that are not in the game as populars and known as the Demon Hunter
    They're not that interesting or unique tbf... Essentially they're a warrior with magic... Much like Paladins & DKs

Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    Because running around shirtless while showing off your perfect six-pack is just cool. Im willing to accept other explanation if you find me a single Demon hunter from WoW that has his shirt on.
    This! Aloso questions about glavies in game was on since very start of vanila, glavies=dh

Deleted
    Except lorewise glavies aren't unique to Demon Hunters, infact I suspect DH glaives is more to do with night elves than demon hunting tbh

Simple answer:

Because the Demon Hunter was one of the most badass heroes in WC3 and people who played that game loved it. Also, because Illidan was one of the most badass bosses in WoW and people would love to mirror him.

The idea came after DKs being a "hero class".

I liked the idea of sacrificing a level 55 character to become a DK, something similar could've been done with Demon Hunters where you sacrifice a mage or warlock to unlock a demon hunter.

I just want a class that's crazy to play. Illidan was blind but could see energy, and having some effect over the screen to mimick that effect would be cool.

But something other than "Oh here's a new class it's basically a rogue with more mobility and the combo points are on you instead of the target, you start at level 1 and really it could've been in the game since day 1" is a little uninspired to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    For melee matches yes, pretty much all night elf players pick the demon hunter first. But its not so iconic for everything else, there was only 1 demon hunter in the singleplayer.

I don't see the massive appeal to the DH class aswell. If you want to play it, there's Diablo 3. The monk in WoW is also a lot like the monk in D3

"People" are not. Just the couple random posters who insist on cluttering the forums every other day with a new "wee wooo I wanna demon hunter" posts.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Simple answer:

Because the Demon Hunter was one of the most badass heroes in WC3 and people who played that game loved it. Also, because Illidan was one of the most badass bosses in WoW and people would love to mirror him.
    They're essentially carbon copies of a Star Wars race, not to mention Illidan was cheesy not badass

I like the idea of a demon hunter class because it would make the most sense lorewise to add currently. That doesn't mean that i think it should be added now though. I also understand that the warlock has a few of their skills (immolation aura, metamorph) but I feel they could pull it off.

Demon hunters have more of a place in WARCRAFT than monks do imo.

not to mention Illidan was cheesy not badass
    In your opinion sure. Lots of people have a different one. Problem?

Because you are not prepared!

because they want what THEY want, not what's been given to them

Demonology Warlocks have filled in the lore gap that Demon Hunters left of being a class fueled by demonic powers and capable of transforming their body into a demonic force.

Rogues fill the style gap of a nimble lightly armored melee class

DKs fill the style gap of twisting magic and might together into a melee package with a darker edge than a pali.

trying to squeeze the WC3 DH into the narrow, disjointed gap that remains is only going to injure the 3 listed above.
    that being said people didn't get DH the way that THEY want it (even though they have it) they are going to continue to bitch n moan for ...well until WoW closes very likely, or caves in. i hope for the former because wasting time and energy on retooling warlocks and rogues (and to a lesser degree dks) to allow room for a dedicated DH class is way too much commitment for too little return on investment.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Blizzard planned during the WoW-Alpha to implement several hero classes.
    Every class should have had a hero class, or "transform" into a hero after reaching lvl 60.

Basically the Nightelf hunter should have had the option to transform into a Demonhunter.
    I remember so far Orc-Shaman -> Farseer
    Orc-Warrior -> Blademaster
    Dwarf-Warrior -> Mountainking
    Human-Mage -> Archmage
    and so on...

Maybe some ppl didn't forget those ideas....in fact the Demonhunter was the most wished one...and if remember right, there were so many nightelf hunters at launch^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Demon hunters have more of a place in WARCRAFT than monks do imo.
    Except monks are unique in that they're the only unarmed melee class

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    For melee matches yes, pretty much all night elf players pick the demon hunter first. But its not so iconic for everything else, there was only 1 demon hunter in the singleplayer.

I don't see the massive appeal to the DH class aswell. If you want to play it, there's Diablo 3. The monk in WoW is also a lot like the monk in D3
    I missed the part when Illidan was dual-wielding crossbows and trapping. The D3 Demon Hunter is a lot closer to WoW's Hunter than anything.

Demon Hunters...are fucking cool. The end. If they aren't interesting, then how do the current classes compare? What edge do the other classes have over Demon Hunters? Sure, the niche of magic-melee users is abundant, sort of. We have...two of them? Pally and Enh shammy. The only Monk spec that uses magic as a primary asset is the Mistweaver, and they're healers. My point is, there are definitely things similar to Demon Hunters. People could argue that a Demon Hunter is just a melee-esque Warlock. Well, wouldn't that just make Paladins melee-esque Priests? There are always going to be similarities between the WoW cllasses, but that doesn't make them the same thing.

I just find that the arguments against Demon Hunters aren't very well thought out...