Poll: Steam

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wouldnt be playing if it werent for steam. Steam is easy as hell to use. Got all the games i ever care for except battlefield. Quick downloads and you got all your games in one place.

Last time i bought a physical copy was when games came in large cardboard boxes with a giant manual and regular plastic cd covers. 10-11 years ago? If not more.

Hating steam for the choice bethesda did with skyrim is lame and idiotic.

If you buy a physical copy. It shouldnt have to go on steam. the fact that it does. Is the game publishers fault. Not steam.

If you're at an Icelandic spa or such I love it. But if I'm just sitting in front of my computer at home it would be really annoying with a bunch of steam around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could have just shared teh internet connection on your phone with your computer. Even if you have download limits, a steam patch isn't big. I've literally not been without internet access even once in the last ~5 years (probably more) so I don't care if steam requires internet access all the time.

To answer the question: I love it. Access to my games wherever I am, no crappy physical discs that get lost and/or damaged. and ofc SALES!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I wouldnt be playing if it werent for steam. Steam is easy as hell to use. Got all the games i ever care for except battlefield. Quick downloads and you got all your games in one place.

Last time i bought a physical copy was when games came in large cardboard boxes with a giant manual and regular plastic cd covers. 10-11 years ago? If not more.

Hating steam for the choice bethesda did with skyrim is lame and idiotic.

If you buy a physical copy. It shouldnt have to go on steam. the fact that it does. Is the game publishers fault. Not steam.
    I actually only buy physical discs if the game goes on Steam. That way I don't have to take my disc everywhere (or download not so legal and annoying no cd cracks).

Steam ?! They only got indie garbage that either sucks or you eat it up in a couple of days, and ofc games that bomb on metacritic (if it's rated below 7/10, it's definitely available on Steam). It's like trying to buy quality at a yard sale.

I don't hate it nor love it. I got a lot of games from there back when there were actual good games on Steam.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-23 at 03:51 PM.

I have been using steam ever since it got released.

So far i have not had any major problems as far as steam goes - i got broadband internet so any download is lightning fast (highest i reached over steam was 70 megaBYTES per second).
    I had some issues with that steam overlay thing that you can Shift+Tab to, but that was due to my old outdated PC hardware.

I understand some ppl have bad internet or are afraid of the "big bad online requirement", but i think that is both archaic and kind of silly.

Although i find the pricing on steam a bit high, so far steam has not given me any reason to hate it - i might not be in love with steam, but i definitely have no reason to hate it.

What happened to you is literally like one of the few things that is bad about steam. I remember when you had to BUY A NEW GAME when you lost the disc or it was scratched. Fortunately drives that allowed you to make copies of the CD finally came out and it TOOK FOREVER.

Deleted
    There are only bad games in there and Steam itself is just a big DRM system. No need.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alright.

I like the deals and it's convenient, but it's not "The gods of PC gaming". Especially when you can get all the games on there other ways. It's just... convenient.
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-11-23 at 04:00 PM.

Steam offline mode can be a bit annoying sometimes because for some reason your local profile stop working so there is no info about your profile in your pc, so thats why steam ask you to log in.

Steam is by far the best gaming platform atm.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2013-11-23 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Steam ?! They only got indie garbage that either sucks or you eat it up in a couple of days, and ofc games that bomb on metacritic (if it's rated below 7/10, it's definitely available on Steam). It's like trying to buy quality at a yard sale.

I don't hate it nor love it. I got a lot of games from there back when there were actual good games on Steam.
    You do realize they have a ton of commercial company games as well that get released. Only a few I know they don't have do to EA/Ubisoft having their own software they want people to use, but overall it has a lot more than just Indie games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize they have a ton of commercial company games as well that get released. Only a few I know they don't have do to EA/Ubisoft having their own software they want people to use, but overall it has a lot more than just Indie games.
    I actually downloaded Assassin's Creed IV (Ubisoft) a couple days ago. They also have a couple EA games.

I like Steam just fine, it can be a resource hog sometimes. But I don't mind it, my computer has more then enough juice. It's not like I'm pushing my computer to run anything more graphic detailed then Mass Effect 3. Which isn't even on Steam. I wish Valve and EA would get over the in-store thing, it's annoying having all my games split up (OCD). I have the same issues with Origin. But with EA, I only use it because I'm forced to.

And those sales...

Deleted
    im okay with steamdrm as long as it provides a good service like highspeed download, offlineplay and good discounts from time to time.
    what i dont like is when steam games require extra launcher like the uplay for assassins creed.

but i nether hate nore love steam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Dem deals doe..
    The only good steam sales are in russia on RoW versions... now theyre brilliant.

The few times I have moved into a new apartment I have always got internet pretty fast. But even if I had to be without internet for a week, I wouldn't bother much. And definitly not enough to suddenly hate steam, because I had to wait a few days to play computer games.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    im okay with steamdrm as long as it provides a good service like highspeed download, offlineplay and good discounts from time to time.
    what i dont like is when steam games require extra launcher like the uplay for assassins creed.

but i nether hate nore love steam
    Well that's unfortunately because of Ubisoft and their want of people using their DRM no matter what. So if Steam wants to have it as a title they have to let Ubisoft provide their DRM if they want. I do agree double DRM can be annoying especially when one requires internet no matter what, but not a lot we can do other than not buy it.

I like it. I see where you are coming from OP, but having internet is pretty much mandatory if you want to play games these days, especially on the PC. But yeah I've gotten a ton of games for real cheap with Steam and I personally have never had any issues with it. It's better now than it was before, but Origin is an absolutely terrible lesser version of Steam.

I didn't vote, as I don't love or hate it. I much prefer having physical copies of games and being able to play them with or without internet, but aside from that I don't have a problem with it. The other features don't really matter to me. I fail to see the amazing upsides people talk about, but oh well.

Absolutely love it, which is hypocritical of me because in every other facet of consumable media, I'm a die-hard 'own the disc' type.