Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmage View Post
    How does it have no effect on you if you don't use?
    Start of a new xpac, I don't use LFR, other raiders do use it, they will have better gear.

Normal modes > lfr

If you are doing normal raids you will have better gear.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I wont have a full set normal/heroic gear before mythic. So those who do lfr have the chance to habe better ear than me, thus do more DPS. At the start of an xpac you have to do ldr to min/max

10+ Year Old Account
    Start of a new xpac, I don't use LFR, other raiders do use it, they will have better gear.
    We didn't. I've run LFR to get valor after official raid but we go into each tier from the start without LFR. If your guild is making you do it, that's your guild's problem, not WoW's or Blizzard's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    How about instead of being negative, you contribute your own suggestions about how to make the hypothetical such server harder?
    How about instead of being negative you stop using all those things that you take offense to and just play the game the way you want to without trying to push unpopular ideas on other people? See how unconstructive your comment is now?

Removing things from the game and adding another layer of segregation is the fastest way to destroy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they having better gear then you matters how? And if you're doing normal raids, it is YOU who will have the better gear...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And they having better gear then you matters how? And if you're doing normal raids, it is YOU who will have the better gear...
    There's that, too. LFR has no effect because a normal mode/heroic raider will always outgear an LFR raider. Before LFR existed, they raided normal & heroic. Before heroic existed they raided. LFR has no effect.

99% of those 'features' are already available on ALL servers.

If you don't want epics available from AH, or LFR, or queueing and teleporting to dungeons.... DON'T USE THEM.

Its like Iron Man mode. There's no need for them to implement a separate server for things already feasible on the main server.

Heck, if you want 'attunements' just require the relevant region quest achieve before you can do the raid. I'm sure that will be a real success.

Quote Originally Posted by Naequin View Post
    I was almost prepared to take you at least semi-seriously until you said this.
    Same here, relatively well thought post, ruined at the finish line.

Coming from a guy who played vanilla... this is a horrible idea, Blizzard will never do it, and more than half of those things I don't want Blizzard to implement.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Sort of. If you only get one lockout of normal modes, you won't have better gear than people who do the same lockout and LFR. It's actually why Blizz delays LFR, so that progression raiders don't have to worry about cramming LFR into their only week of normals.

EDIT: As for the idea, just give us the Asian-style harder content as an option. We don't need the silly grinds to call ourselves hardcore, because they don't actually matter or differentiate us from anyone else in the first place. I don't mind either way about the gear-type changes. I'd be OK with a server that has lower-end pre-raid content for a more challenging raid experience. That actually sounds kinda fun.
    Last edited by Annoying; 2013-11-27 at 06:26 PM.

All these nostalgia threads remind me of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.