Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Razer Cacharias

1 33.33%
  • Turtle Beach PX221

2 66.67%
    Deleted

Headset choosing help?

Hi guys im going to be buying a new headset soon and its bewtween the Razer Cacharias and the Turtle Beach PX22, any facts/opinions?

Caveat: I have a musical background and am very picky about audio. A good set of headphones will sound good for basically every application you throw at them, though. Good sound is good sound.

My brother has a Razer Kraken Pro. I personally think it sounds pretty terrible. Everything sounds muffled and sloppy. The highs are rolled way off, mids do not exist, and though they are obviously tuned for bass, the bass is sloppy and has no definition. I can't imagine that their other headphones sound any better.

I have also used Turtle Beach headsets in the past. The sound quality was great for a gaming headset, in my opinion. The problem is the headset had very poor build quality and broke very quickly. I sent it back for an exchange under warranty, and the new one pretty much broke just as quickly. That model is no longer in production, and maybe their newer ones are built better, but I personally wouldn't buy another based on my own experience.

I currently am using a set of Audio Technica ATH-M50s (straight cable) headphones, and they sound amazing. The price on Amazon fluctuates (other places may be cheaper right now), but I got mine for $106. When I need to use a mic, I use a ModMic. If you can afford this combo, I very highly recommend it.

If you want to save a little, you could always get a cheaper mic like the Zalman clip-on mic many people use.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

AS50's...

10 chars
    #nannypolicemoderators

The turtle beaches are better IMO. The Razers I heard have too much bass, so depends what you like

Deleted
    Headsets are terrible. Buy a good Headphone and a extra Mic.

Personally I usually stick to Sennheiser. I had the 350 and 360 game headsets. The 350 was an over-ear closed and the 360 was an over-ear open headset. The 350 made my ears sweat in the summer, so the 360 was very welcome, but the sound from the outside and the inside didn't get suppressed. The 350 was so tightly closed, nothing got out or in.

Sound quality was perfect for what it was supposed to do, obviously it wasn't the best for the real audiophile, but in that case you want a proper expensive and quality headphone with an external quality mic.

Right now they seem to have these:
    G4ME™ ZERO
    G4ME™ ONE

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...onclusion.html
    http://www.kitguru.net/site-news/hig...dset-review/4/
    http://www.slashgear.com/sennheiser-...view-27307017/

Some detest Sennheiser and yes, they are expensive, but they also never failed me. Until I walked away from my computer and broke my cord that is. And it was such a long cord too :/

Oh yeah, do note, they're stereo.

On-Topic. I actually can't fathom Razer getting good reviews on any of the hardware they produce, but I believe audio/headsets is definitely not their forte.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-01-16 at 10:41 AM.

I can only agree with Sennheiser 360's , it's basically the same drivers as in their HD595 headphones but they added in a solid clear mic to make it a gaming headset , I picked up mine about 2 years ago for 150 quid.
    I had headsets for the best part of the last 10 year and had them all ( Zalmann , Razer , Steelseries , Logitech ) and without a doubt the Sennheisers blow them all away, they also go very loud without distortion and in music they are just ace ( unlike other brands which heavily favour bass above voices )

Just make sure you don't share your room with someone , as they are open design so someone next to you will hear what comes through them , but if your sitting alone I would defo go for them.

It seems the ZERO and ONE are the successors , Astro's A50 are fine but I find them overhyped ever since a few pro streamers all got them from sponsorships and now all the sheep are following them without giving any compelling reason as to why you must get the A50's other then '' person X uses them )