Poll: Do you prefer Dailies or Timeless Isle?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Both are terrible. To the dailies defense I'd say that profession and battle pets dailies are acceptable. But mindless, pointless, timeless grind is absolutely dull. Worst idea ever.

I honestly dislike the timeless isle, it's great at the start but this kind of crap going forward? No thanks.

In regards to the dailies I simply believe they were implemented very badly by Blizzard, they've been in the game since TBC and never really bothered anyone except for this expansion. When you're being offered charms, gold, rep and valour points it kinda makes it the most obvious thing to do if Blizzard allowed championing and didn't implement things as stupidly as they did the daily hate would be minimal, anyway I prefer dailies to the timeless isle style set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I honestly dislike the timeless isle, it's great at the start but this kind of crap going forward? No thanks.
    The only way I can see it working well is having thousands of different events like Gw2. Timeless isle was just running around in a circle killing rares as they respawned.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I want a randomized set of dailies in a Timeless Isle-like environment.
    Have enough dailies so you only realistically see a repeat of them once or twice a week.
    Additionally, make it so turning in one of those dailies has a chance to spawn an event like the Beer event in Old Pi'jiu.

I didnt vote on your poll since I think neither are dull. I'd like to see a combination of both, done in a smart way.
    That's pretty much how I view the subject, really. Both have avoidable problems but, when put together, could form a far more interesting endgame questing experience. Dailies ended up hated at the start of MoP because there were so many, there was double gating and the damn things were mandatory. The Timeless Isle problems are that it's all so very nugatory, and that it throws free gear at people.

Dailies.

Timeless isle was pretty fun...for about an hour. Once I found all the waterlogged chests, it got old.

I like the 5.1 daily set up better, personally. 5-8 dailies, and at specific rep levels you get a one shot quest that advances the story, telling you why are doing what you are doing.

Timeless isle is the worst kind of sandbox area; lots of stuff to do, but none of it very engaging, unless the only reason you want to play is kill stuff at random.

Aside from Ordos, everything on the timeless isle feels like a loot piñata without a point.

I'd like both dailies and the Timeless Isle, but if I had to choose just one, I'd choose dailies.

I was not impressed by "events" on the Timeless Isle at all. I liked chests, elites, and toys. It worries me a great deal that we seem to be getting events instead of dailies in WoD.

Deleted
    I call it Pointless Isle.

My bank alt is full of 496 gear tokens of all types that are soon going to be vendored en-mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    I call it Pointless Isle.

My bank alt is full of 496 gear tokens of all types that are soon going to be vendored en-mass.
    Same boat, except cloth tokens I send to my warlock alt to disenchant the gear into stuff...still waiting for the haunting spirits that are supposed to drop rarely from it. Got a guild mate that says she's gotten three from DE'ing timeless gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies. My biggest Blizzcon disappointment was news that WoD would be cutting back on dailies in favor of a more Timeless Isle style.

Deleted
    Dailes > timeless crap imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I combination of the two. I never personally, had any problems with the dailies. I stretched them out over the entirety of 5.0 so I never burned out and still got them all done.

The pure kill grind for Emperor rep just kills all desire to play. I just kill my 20 for the daily and be done with it.

I loved the evolving story in 5.1.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    I always really enjoyed dailies, shame the vocal minority got Blizzard to turn around.

Don't see what's wrong with some dailies + some timeless Isle zones.

If the Mindless Isle was suppose to entertain us for longer than a week or two it failed. If the Mindless Isle was suppose to gear us up super fast so we could blow through LFR and unsub again then it succeeded superbly.

Mindless Isle sucks.

!raretimer ship, check when it spawns, if I got time, go to the top and get the flying buff and loot some chests, go to Ship, kill, get coins for the week, never have to visit the place again that week. Perfect!

15+ Year Old Account
    Dailies by far, they don't cost nearly as much time and are much more fluid since you don't have to wait so freaking long on spawnpoints of rares etc. Also they don't feel as shit, waiting for 30mins only to minimize for 20sec and missing the spawn of a mob is really anoying.
    Timeless Isle is just running around hoping something will spawn close, it got old 2 days after release.

If you hate the Mindless Isle then the good news is you have an entire continent worth of Mindless Isle to look forward to in WoD.

After having seen Timeless Isle, I have to say: dailies please.
    I really can't stand that place. I can't fly, and killing mobs without a reason is not for me.
    I *need* objectives.

But, also, I like dailies as seen in Pandaria: after a reasonable amount of time, I get some kind of result.
    Farming dailies for months? No.
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

15+ Year Old Account
    They could make a mix of both, since that would make it more random. I mean could easily have a daily that says do X, where X is any Timeless Isle type thing. However I like dailies because it is questing. Anything not involved in questing, professions or dungeons feels boring. This means that Timeless Isle is pretty boring.

While i dont particularly like daylies, i voted for them, a, being an achieve hunter, atleased there could be progress i was sure to make every day.

Timeless isle brought forth http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8728/ that achievement alone promotes "not playing" as rares with 1-3% dropchance items spawn every 30-60min after a kill, and ALL items are required for the achieve. Since the rares die in less then 10sec, you cant move away from the spawn loc without risking missing the rare.

Currently lacking 6 items, 2 of which from rares (Zesqua/Flintlord) 4 from regular mobs (Kilnmaster/Chanter/Priests of Ordos/Eroded Cliffdweller) and been camping zesqua alot lately (think i killed 5 of them on average per day since the patch came out, part of which by getting xrealm invites).

Working on an achievement by standing in 1 spot for hours and alt tabbing to harthstone for 29min after a kill isn't fun gameplay.

Even running around like amadman and killing 2k of my own faction for http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8721 made more sence and had visible progress. Even if disliked that grind alot as it doesn't fall in what i'd considder "honorable" pvp.

Now if that achieve would be altered to require 1/2 of the items listed, or dropchances were to be increased dramatically, i'd vote timeless isle, as concept as a whole is better.

A mix of both. More specifically, a bit of Timeless Isle, with a bit of Thunder Isle, and storytelling like 5.1 (Shieldwall/Offensive)