Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Do you also think people who carry ice cream cones in their pockets on Sundays are scumbags?
    probably? Why else would you carry ice cream in your pocket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I instantly ignore/unfriend anyone who is either drunk or on drugs of any sort. I don't tolerate it in real life, I'm not going to tolerate it in game.
    Man, you sound like you must be a blast to hang around in real life. So your friends want to go to the bar one Friday night after work or maybe they have a few glasses of wine celebrating a graduation/wedding/Las Vegas/etc. Do you disown them?

If so, I'm willing to be you have virtually no life experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    probably? Why else would you carry ice cream in your pocket?
    I forget the state where it's illegal, but I think it's time for some delicious civil disobedience!

</Offtopic>

Deleted
    Amphetamines are pretty nice if you want an alt and can't be arsed to level under normal circumstances. Twenty four hours of mind numbing quests? Do a forty eight hour questing session without even getting distracted. Amphetamines, cheaper than any instant ninety will cost in the Blizzard store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    "It is not who you are, but what you do that defines you" - Batman Begins.
    Oh well, basing life philosophies off of a fictional movie based on a comic book sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    I hate drugs, and I can't stand the thought of people doing them. It shows a lack of self respect, a lack of character and especially if during raids, a lack of respect for others. I would love for them to be eliminated from this planet entirely.
    Wait, you mean to tell me that you hate the Beatles?
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-11-28 at 05:53 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care what anyone does. If they are in a raid with me and not doing their job then I boot them just like I boot anyone else that isn't doing their job, if they aren't in a raid with me then it is none of my business what they do.

Don't try and Google "weirdest state laws". I'm now torn as to whether I should believe Alabama allows you to flick boogers into the wind or if I'm being trolled by a spam site.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Don't try and Google "weirdest state laws". I'm now torn as to whether I should believe Alabama allows you to flick boogers into the wind or if I'm being trolled by a spam site.
    Have you ever listened to politicians? Especially like, minor state politicians. Any of those idiots has the power to pass a law if nobody stops them. That's how those stupid things become law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

IDK how people aren't interested in drugs. The mind expanding ones at least, I can understand not like meth/heroine. I see it as sort of a right of passage in life. Don't you want to experience everything? What are you afraid of?

drunk are ridiculously annoying. i've seen people on pot and even crack playing, they're not annoying. the pot guy seemed like just another person, the crack guy was overly talkative but not super annoying. drunks just fucking piss me off though, they're just annoying and rude, just fucking idiots. so there's only one drug i wouldn't want used during play, and that's alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Have you ever listened to politicians? Especially like, minor state politicians. Any of those idiots has the power to pass a law if nobody stops them. That's how those stupid things become law.
    I've spent almost 17 years in DC. It may sound strange as it's the center of the political world, but those idiots don't get coverage here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    It totally is. I just don't like being labeled as a dick by a dick. I've made my point, and will stop now.
    Honestly, from reading it if I didn't know any better I would say it was just trying to get a reaction out of you rather than making any kind of point. I wouldn't recommend feeding it. If it really believes what it said then it's still not worth replying to since you can't fix *INFRACTED*

(Not really infracted but wouldn't be surprised).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    IDK how people aren't interested in drugs. The mind expanding ones at least, I can understand not like meth/heroine. I see it as sort of a right of passage in life. Don't you want to experience everything? What are you afraid of?
    Same reason I don't go skydiving. The potential pros don't outweigh the potential cons. I like not putting myself in the position to get arrested, and deal with the potential repercussions of that.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-11-28 at 06:13 AM.

I am high for literally every single one of my raids, smoking bowls in between boss pulls. Weed haters get jelly at my shitty 10 man ranks.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Zul'jin/mateng/

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Same reason I don't go skydiving. The potential pros don't outweigh the potential cons. I like not putting myself in the position to get arrested, and deal with the potential repercussions of that.
    For most drugs the only con of moderated use is the illegality. Can you really not set up a good environment that you can be 99.5% sure won't result with cops? It's pretty easy.

I do it all the time so I'm in no position to criticise others for doing it. I'm lucky though I can smoke 3-4 joints in an hour and am still able to pay attention to mechanics and instructions while DPSing half-decently. I had a healer in my raid team a while back who started drinking during raid nights and his performance just got worse and worse as we progressed, if you can't handle your substance while multitasking then don't multitask >.>

For most drugs the only con of moderated use is the illegality. Can you really not set up a good environment that you can be 99.5% sure won't result with cops? It's pretty easy.
    The issue would be more with obtaining it, and it's a headache that I don't feel like dealing with. If I want to consume something that makes me feel better for a bit, I go out and buy some cheap alcohol and drink that.

Going out and buying some pot and getting caught in the transition and dealing with w/e the punishment is for it (I'd assume it's probably just a small fine depending on the amount in most states, not actually sure tbh), or going to the store and buying something that's legal... One comes with minimal worries, and the other, not so much.

EDIT: The entertaining part is having lived on a college campus for the last 3 years, the RAs for the dorms are more strict about punishing pot usage than the local police are. Being out a place to live would suck a bit

that's personally my reason for never bothering to try anything like that, and I would assume that it's actually a fairly common reason for people that have never used before.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-11-28 at 06:25 AM.

Deleted
    I dislike "brb gotta roll a joint" as much as "brb gotta take the dog out", "brb smoking a cig", "brb putting baby to sleep", "brb wife/gf needs help turning on their laptop" or "brb gotta inject insulin".

And I bet all my co-raiders dislike me for "brb food" just as much.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2013-11-28 at 06:28 AM.

Well, as long as they aren't one of those people who can't help but say (usually ad nauseum) 'OMG guise I'm soooo drunk/high, lol look at how cool and edgy I ammmm' and they can perform up to the standards the raid expects of them then I couldn't care less. I'm just sick of the people who talk about it non-stop and look at it like it's something that makes them cool or popular.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know about it if they wouldn't talk about it constantly. While I disapprove of drugs (and alcohol) in general, I don't really care if someone is using when they're playing as long as they're not being annoying and talking about it unless it's having a negative impact on their performance. Which it usually seems to, because the "lulz guys i'm liek so hiiiiiigh rite nao!" people usually play like ass.

Your life and I don't know you, so I don't really care what you do as long as it's not hurting me or the people I care about or anyone else that's just minding their own business.

Because, first, I don't think they 'expand your mind' at all, they just allow you to see a new perspective, something anyone could do if they desired it enough. They always bring up people who did great things using drugs like LSD but those people were already incredibly intelligent, creative, and imaginative. I've seen ten times as many people instead become complete idiots, thinking their minds have been 'expanded' but instead just becoming stereotypical hippies with fairly silly views that can easily be debunked. Second, because it's not like there can't be downsides. I developed an anxiety condition that led to agoraphobia and the whole thing was started from trying weed once. There are certainly risks that come along that you can't know you will experience unless you try it, some of these can be incredibly devastating (ie schizophrenia, severe anxiety, derealization).