Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only people really over the moon about the flying ban are World PvP advocates and idiots that think tedious travel time and corpse running is gameplay worth preserving. By their 3rd alt even these die hards will be bitching too. The rest only can muster a "it's not a big deal" bc even they can't deny it's an inconvenience. It's just not "game-breaking"

And of course there's the fact that Blizz does intend to permanently ban flying in all current content from here on out. The big headline was no flying in Draenor til 6.1, the fine print is that they are only allowing flying in 6.1 bc they intend to release a new zone which also bans flying.

So you can fly, but only in zones you no longer really spend any time in. You'll also have to complete some BS quest bc forcing you to drop another 1000g on an ability you've had for 6 years wasn't enough of an imposition.

And all the while they will keep trying to sell you $25 Flying Mounts.
    Last edited by thorvath; 2013-11-29 at 08:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously OP, learn to use the damn search button. Or open your eyes. On the front page alone there are usually 3-4 threads on this topic with one over 100 pages. Why the hell did you need to make a new thread? Sit down and read a current thread on the topic instead of making a new one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll find it interesting to see if all the hate for WoD suddenly ends now that Ghostcrawler is moving on from Blizzard to work for a different company (or maybe start his own).

Because I have a feeling a lot of people that hated the game will suddenly move on as well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'd prefer no flying at all. Too bad that won't work any more though.

But that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I haven't been paying attention to WoD much since Blizzcon. I keep hearing about this "no-flying" and everytime I see a thread on it. The pages are ridiculous, Why are so many people qqing. It's just a flight restriction. We had one in MoP didn't we?
    For MoP it was while leveling

This is grounding until 6.1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    had one in every expansion for the initial release.

people qq because they are so use to using them that they dont like not having the ability to continue to use them until max level. The problem is, all the work blizz puts into making the worlds they want people to actually see what they have done other than just flying over it and never really getting a good look at it.
    We wont have the ability to fly AT max level for a whole patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Seriously OP, learn to use the damn search button. Or open your eyes. On the front page alone there are usually 3-4 threads on this topic with one over 100 pages. Why the hell did you need to make a new thread? Sit down and read a current thread on the topic instead of making a new one.
    Because some people feel the need to make a new thread if the other threads have a different OP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thorvath View Post
    The only people really over the moon about the flying ban are World PvP advocates and idiots that think tedious travel time and corpse running is gameplay worth preserving. By their 3rd alt even these die hards will be bitching too. The rest only can muster a "it's not a big deal" bc even they can't deny it's an inconvenience. It's just not "game-breaking"

And of course there's the fact that Blizz does intend to permanently ban flying in all current content from here on out. The big headline was no flying in Draenor til 6.1, the fine print is that they are only allowing flying in 6.1 bc they intend to release a new zone which also bans flying.

So you can fly, but only in zones you no longer really spend any time in. You'll also have to complete some BS quest bc forcing you to drop another 1000g on an ability you've had for 6 years wasn't enough of an imposition.

My only problem with the quest is they called it a "mini legendary"
    That tells me: a quest chain where you have to hope for raid drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    If you don't even want to try it and it's enough to make you quit, then go ahead, quit. If enough people agree with you and do the same, then Blizzard will change their designs accordingly. I find it kind of strange that the inability to fly is treated as something new to the game given that Blizzard already does it for most areas that they can feasibly apply it to. I also find it kind of strange that people would outright quit over mount transport at all. But, again, it's up to you, and if you don't like it, you have every right to act on that.
    If the whole continent is like IoT or TI with horrible mob pathing and annoying as shit stun/dismount abilities then I'm out. Setting up an area with quest objectives and making dangerous parts of the world is one thing. If they block every path and give every mob a stun (think old STV) it will be absolutely painful to do anything. People aren't threatening to quit over an unknown. They're threatening to quit because they've done it several times and don't like it.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wastes time and the MOP flying was only until u hit max lv. This lasts till blizz feels like removing it

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    This already happens during the leveling process for every expansion, sans Cata. You can fly, you step into the new continent, then you can't fly. The only difference here is how long that lasts. You also get that skill regularly stripped away in certain areas, anyway. Flight deprivation is hardly a new thing.
    Certain areas where the flight is stripped away until level cap, or removed completely and permanantly.
    This IS something very different.

If the experience is designed around non-flying, then keep it that way permanently.
    Giving flying back there at some future time is undermining the entire point, and killing the argument dead.
    It shows no faith in the content they are developing if they choose very intentionally to trivialise it, and admit that 1 tier later it means so little any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

My only real complaint with no-flying is that most of the mounts I like are flying only so I won't be able to use them. As much as I like the Flametalon I'm getting tired of looking at it for an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Certain areas where the flight is stripped away until level cap, or removed completely and permanantly.
    This IS something very different.

If the experience is designed around non-flying, then keep it that way permanently.
    Giving flying back there at some future time is undermining the entire point, and killing the argument dead.
    It shows no faith in the content they are developing if they choose very intentionally to trivialise it, and admit that 1 tier later it means so little any more.
    It's called catch up. It's the same logic behind making the previous tier irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thorvath View Post

I don't PvP. And yet I'm very happy about the lack of flying mounts. Removing flying for current content is a great idea imo. Here are the pros and cons of flying during current content:

Pros:
    >You can do stuff faster and easier

Cons:
    >It trivialises content because you can just drop on top of a mob/node, deal with it and fly off. Or avoid the world boss that you don't want to kill.
    >The flow of content can't be controlled or gated. Stuff like opening the Vale could never have happened if flying was available in Pandaria straight away, you can't have a quest that involves fighting your way up a hill to kill a boss, nothing like that.
    >There's no sense of scale or exploration. Mountains are tiny when you can reach their summits in 15 seconds, and it's hard to secret away little hidden events in secluded parts of the zone when the entire zone can be covered in 10 minutes flat.
    > For those who enjoy it, it ruins world PvP.
    >Tonnes of artwork and assets goes unseen and unappreciated.
    >If flying is available, even those who want to abstain for the above reasons can't reasonably do that because it puts them at a severe disadvantage to most other players in terms of completing quests, tagging mobs, grabbing nodes etc. So those who actually want to explore the world as Blizzard would like you to do not have it as a viable option.

So yeah, go no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't PvP. And yet I'm very happy about the lack of flying mounts. Removing flying for current content is a great idea imo. Here are the pros and cons of flying during current content:

Pros:
    >You can do stuff faster and easier

Cons:
    >It trivialises content because you can just drop on top of a mob/node, deal with it and fly off. Or avoid the world boss that you don't want to kill.
    >The flow of content can't be controlled or gated. Stuff like opening the Vale could never have happened if flying was available in Pandaria straight away, you can't have a quest that involves fighting your way up a hill to kill a boss, nothing like that.
    >There's no sense of scale or exploration. Mountains are tiny when you can reach their summits in 15 seconds, and it's hard to secret away little hidden events in secluded parts of the zone when the entire zone can be covered in 10 minutes flat.
    > For those who enjoy it, it ruins world PvP.
    >Tonnes of artwork and assets goes unseen and unappreciated.
    >If flying is available, even those who want to abstain for the above reasons can't reasonably do that because it puts them at a severe disadvantage to most other players in terms of completing quests, tagging mobs, grabbing nodes etc. So those who actually want to explore the world as Blizzard would like you too do not have it as a viable option.

So yeah, go no flying.
    Biased

For me its pros:
    You can go anywhere
    You avoid a pvp raid blocking a bridge
    Lower travel time(travel is just a time sink anyway)

Cons:
    Nothing
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Tonnes of artwork and assets goes unseen and unappreciated.
    I personally only appreciate zone artwork from the air. I didn't think "wow beautiful continent" about Pandaria until I was 90 and flying. It felt very restrictive, closed in, before then, I could not personally appreciate it.

Deleted
    At least the "Increase flight path travel speed" guild perk make sense now

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I personally only appreciate zone artwork from the air. I didn't think "wow beautiful continent" about Pandaria until I was 90 and flying. It felt very restrictive, closed in, before then, I could not personally appreciate it.
    I have to agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I don't think staying grounded until 6.1 is that much of a tragedy. I guess it's giving people the feeling that Blizzard might start giving in to the whining of old school complainers, and that flying is on it's way to being scrapped completely.
    Wait a minute. I've been perfectly fine with the no-fly thing since every expansion has done it so far, but are you saying that the actual plan is to have no flying period until the first major patch? No quest line? No riding level to purchase? Nothing?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Wait a minute. I've been perfectly fine with the no-fly thing since every expansion has done it so far, but are you saying that the actual plan is to have no flying period until the first major patch? No quest line? No riding level to purchase? Nothing?!
    Bingo.

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Galred View Post
    The issue to me is not the lack of flying, it's the probability that we'll have to spend 2 to 3 months doing a long, tedious quest chain to unlock flying AND wait until the 6.1 patch hits.

If flying requires 2 months of questing, starting whenever a player hits max level, I think WoW will lose a ton of subscriptions. The fact that the lack of flying will be a complete surprise to many players won't help either.
    See I don't really think people got the 'hint' when what's-his-blue-ass edited his post comparing it to the legendary questline.

I would put the torches and pitchforks at bay and see what beta brings. If it's a crazy long quest chain a-la-serpent training, then you can go riot in the streets. If it's like 3 quests of work tops, with some fun flight based objectives, then who cares.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, "Do not enumerate your juvenile poultry before they have completed the incubation sequence."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Because some people feel the need to make a new thread if the other threads have a different OP
    Have a different OP? Just...what? Click the link in my sig if you are having a hard time understanding forums.

Flying license is the new legendary.