Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    guys................
    think about this for a minute....you pay to play this game
    it makes no sense to fly over all things

it removes all Immersion
    it makes things to easy
    basically the game is a shell of its former self every time you mount in and out of combat

why pay if you dont really wanna play?
    if you ask me, you get more out of the experience this way, even if its less convenient

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    guys................

it removes all Immersion
    it makes things to easy
    basically the game is a shell of its former self every time you mount in and out of combat

if you ask me, you get more out of the experience this way, even if its less convenient
    It's hard for you to think, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    guys................

it removes all Immersion
    it makes things to easy

Please don't start with "immersion" again. Artificially gating abilities that my main has known for seven years throws your "immersion" clear out the window. As for making things too easy, start designing zones with flying in mind again. Icecrown and Storm Peaks were awesome. And while technically possible without a flying mount, they weren't meant to be done that way.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

guys................

it removes all Immersion
    it makes things to easy

You do know that immersion is subjective?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Biased

For me its pros:
    You can go anywhere
    You avoid a pvp raid blocking a bridge
    Lower travel time(travel is just a time sink anyway)

Cons:
    Nothing
    You can go anywhere and lower travel time comes under doing stuff faster. Being able to avoid combat (which you could also avoid by not going on a PvP realm) comes under doing things easier. If you want to split that point into two you can if it will make you feel any better. So I think it's you who is being biased because most of the cons I listed are objectively true. You can't structure the zone so that certain areas are explored before others; you can't have a quest where you fight your way up a hill. If anyone can give me a pro to flying that doesn't come under faster or easier I'd be very grateful.

- - - Updated - - -

Some potential solutions I've seen/thought of:

>Increased ground mount speed has been thrown around quite a bit, but I'm not seeing it. Even if you were to increase Ground Mounts to 300% and reduce flying to 100% you'd still have the benefit of being able to go up cliffs and mountains and walls etc. To gimp flying mounts in such a way that they're less appealing than ground mounts, you'd need to make FMs so ineffective that they might as well not be available at all.

>Design zones around flying/more dynamic skyboxes. This has potential and is worth experimentation. You could put various threats in the sky and make certain areas only accessible via flying mounts. But there's still problems. Too little threat and it doesn't solve anything; too much threat and again, you may as well not have FMs at all. Implementing a mounted combat system would be necessary here imo. It solves the world PvP and content trivialisation but still doesn't solve the problems of content flow and scale.

>Waypoint system instead of flightmasters. You can jump immediately from one town to another - once you've discovered that town's waypoint of course. Could potentially be used outside of towns as well, so perhaps when you're in the wilderness you can teleport to any waypoint within your current zone (or even continent).

>Tying your mounts to Flightmasters: Thought of this yesterday and it perhaps has potential. Why not make it so that you can't fly about freely, but instead need to visit the Flightmaster? You can then hop onto one of your FMs and fly anywhere for as long as you like. But as soon as you dismount you need to go to a town again to get on your FM again.

I think a combination of waypoints and Flight Master tied mounts would be the best solution. That solves the travel time issue imo. It doesn't trivialise content though, which is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I couldn't care less about flying or not. As a rogue pvp isn't really the problem to begin with. Does seem a bit silly after flying for years to not be able to for a whole patch but i don't care that we can't.
    Aye mate

The amount of players complaining about no-flying till 6.1 is starting TO PISS ME OFF!

I am a Vanilla player. There was no flying and it was awesome.

I love flying, to me flying mounts look cooler than ground mounts and being able to reach my destination faster is better. But I am absolutely for this thing. They said there will be secrets, hidden stuff on the ground. There was no flying in WotLK till 77 level.

The only expansion where you could fly in a zone right when you enter it was Cataclysm. In TBC learning flying and buying a mount was expensive as fck.

While I personally like all WoW expansions Cataclysm is the expansion that was most hated on the forums. So you spoiled people, you newbies that just joined and can't live with inconveniences, here is what I'm going to tell you.

Your right to complain about this is DENIED!

You want me to agree with you? Then make up your fcking mind. Either:

Never mention how bad Cataclysm was and stop worshipping Vanilla-WotLK or shut up about the no-flying. For fck sake people. If you don't like the game don't play it.