Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    It still is anecdotal. You're implying that you never wiped due to terrible DPS and that it's only due to people not understanding mechanics with nothing to base your claims on than words in which we should have to believe. This fits #1 and #3 of:
    I never said it wasn't anecdotal, but I'll admit, I can see why you think that. I'll try to word it better next time. I thought you, like 90% of people on MMO-C, were just using it to invalidate what I was saying, hence why I came off in a somewhat aggressive manner. Regardless, my anecdotal evidence was just as valid as his.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Again you fail majorly. Know why? Because you again can't read back. And again i have to post that god damn link because you're too slow to find out on your own. Furthermore you will go out of a new tangent instead.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24102763
    Read what you wrote. The only specific thing you talked about was the 30k dps.

Make a new thread when you have the screenshot. I'm sure you suddenly will get into a lucky streak of it never happening. Done talking to you
    Here is my exact post, where I mentioned multiple different things:

It doesn't really matter Lime. Do you ever wipe in raids? Yes? Well guess whos fault it is? The people you are defending. Its sad to be in an LFR and hit enrage timers. Its sad to see adds not die... then you look at DPS meters and 7 peopel are around 30k just auto attacking.
    So yeah, when you just say "that" and I mention three+ things happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    If you don't like the big mean real world, go play a single player game. Have you seen your own profile? You're in full crafted Malevolent. You've never done an Rbg, and you only have "Step Into the Arena". You have 270 lifetime honorable kills. Guess what, kid. You DO suck. You ARE shit most likely, and will continue to be, until you GET BETTER. And you know what?! Everyone is going to get mad at you until you DO.

Soooo you have two choices. Either keep making crybaby kiddyboo posts on sites like MMOChampion (The ultimate place for Blizz feedback\Pvp discussion, LOL) and quit playing, ORRRR quit making whiny posts and go get good at the game. No one is forcing you to PvP, are they? I thought not. Later~

PS: I hate you as a person already for using hashtag, please never play the game again\kill yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fim View Post
    The simplest way to remove "elitists" is to make sure you can loot each boss exactly once per week regardless of difficulty.
    You won't run into them at all then unless they are on really under geared alts.

Right now the issue is that every new tier, LFR compares too favorably to upgraded normal/heroic gear and you get a surge of people running it alongside normal and HM raids, who really ought not to be there. If new LFR gear was exactly the same ilvl as Flex from the previous tier, and you had just one loot lockout per boss, you'd never see elitists, because you've taken away all motivation for organized raiders to run it.
    If you look at the very casual 25man most of them were in full thunderforged gear making the upgrade 2 ilvl. Was only trinkets that really was worth going in for. Besides i'm pretty sure blizzard is fine with some of us going in and helping out in lfr, to make the run smoother(in the hunt for some trinket, or test of dps/bossmechanic)
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I never said it wasn't anecdotal, but I'll admit, I can see why you think that. I'll try to word it better next time. I thought you, like 90% of people on MMO-C, were just using it to invalidate what I was saying, hence why I came off in a somewhat aggressive manner. Regardless, my anecdotal evidence was just as valid as his.
    To some extent I agree with you. The experience of the game as related on forum threads, especially this one which is notable and not in a good way, doesn't reflect the reality of the actual game experience. I suppose it might be true if someone is one of those players that goes off at a moment's notice but if you simply go about your business and don't spend a lot of time telling others how to handle their affairs, it's not that bad. Stuff happens, true. But some people seem to wish to make it appear as if their worst experiences are an ongoing 24-7 thing. That's not true and if it was the fault probably lies with that person that gets reflected back when one looks in a mirror.

On-topic: Just about any thread that seriously proposes removing anyone from the game, be it elitist, hardcore, casual or otherwise is a waste of time as far as Blizzard is concerned. If you don't enjoy playing with strangers, don't play with strangers.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-06 at 03:05 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, not really. You might think my "dying to enrage" claim is ridiculous, but I think its equally ridiculous that your whole group had no idea what to do. All 25?

My point has always been that "play however I want" is fine as long as it doesnt cause problems for others. Being a douche, afking, slacking, standing in fire... this is what I've been arguing against, and you've been defending.
    Eh, meant most of the group. And no, I'm not gonna hold that one against you, I doubt there was anyway to know that I meant that.

And no, I've been defending the whole "no autokick for slackers/ect..". It's up to the group to decide. You just randomly came in are started arguing with me while quoting me during the argument. Naturally, I could only assume that you were defending that.

Here is my exact post, where I mentioned multiple different things:

So yeah, when you just say "that" and I mention three+ things happening...
    Not the one i replied to so has nothing to do with this or that, or whatever. You're taking an arbitrary post and pretending i replied to that. I linked the specific one i replied to, because that's the one that matters in that context. Putting you on ignore now, as the first person in here. My temper can't really handle your way to "debate".

They can add this feature at the same time they add the auto kick of idiots who stand in fire.

You are correct, your anecdotal evidence is just as good as his. But in the end, neither evidence gives much weight to either side seeing as different experiences will make people react differently therefore you could just as easily react the same way were you in his shoes and vice-versa.

Since Blizzard cannot account for every single possible outcomes of an LFR group, they gave us basic tools to be able to deal with these kind of situations in a civil and polite manner. Could it be done better ? More than likely, yes. But in my personal opinion, the Vote to kick feature and the /ignore works wonder to deal with the unwanted players that the majority of a group do not want to deal with.

Eh, meant most of the group. And no, I'm not gonna hold that one against you, I doubt there was anyway to know that I meant that.

And no, I've been defending the whole "no autokick for slackers/ect..". It's up to the group to decide. You just randomly came in are started arguing with me while quoting me during the argument. Naturally, I could only assume that you were defending that.
    But I've never mentioned backing it. Like I said, I am against the attitude that every should be allowed to play however they want. You should respect your group mates, put in some effort, be friendly, listen to instructions/hints/tips. None of those things are very hard. Yet for a difficulty that everyone says is "e-zmode and meant for the lowest common denominator, I still see someone die from standing in fire, or die because only 3 people are killing adds on Nazgrim etc.

Hell, the last two times I was on Megaera, we wiped because multiple people dropped cinders in the middle of the stack.. killing most of the raid. THE LAST TWO TIMESLOL.

It just sucks when you go in every time, friendly, helpful, and put in the effort.. and you wipe over and over because of dumb mistakes.. dumb mistakes made by people that don't give a crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    But in my personal opinion, the Vote to kick feature and the /ignore works wonder to deal with the unwanted players that the majority of a group do not want to deal with.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Not the one i replied to so has nothing to do with this or that, or whatever. You're taking an arbitrary post and pretending i replied to that. I linked the specific one i replied to, because that's the one that matters in that context. Putting you on ignore now, as the first person in here. My temper can't really handle your way to "debate".
    Yes, that is the post you replied to. I'm sorry you are mistaken again. If you can;t handle simple debate you should step away from the computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just sucks when you go in every time, friendly, helpful, and put in the effort.. and you wipe over and over because of dumb mistakes.. dumb mistakes made by people that don't give a crap.
    Yeah it does, no doubt. I'll take players who make mistakes while actually paying attention to the game over players who are AFK though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    They can add this feature at the same time they add the auto kick of idiots who stand in fire.
    So much this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    Is anyone else getting a chuckle out of threads titled "Remove Elitists" and "Auto-remove low dps" racing neck & neck in the recent forum posts list?
    I'm fairly sure that the autokick bads thread is a response to this one. I'm also on the fence to figure out if the OP thinks that people agree with him, or if it's trollbait. I'm betting a lovely blend of both. I rebutted a few points that he made but unfortunately he's ultimately too selfish to see that when you're cooperating with others, you have a responsibility to them, even if it is just a game. When you played team sports as a kid, if you purposely fucked off and didn't do what you were supposed to, it made everyone have less fun. So he's fine to not care about playing the game at least up to the baseline standard that Blizzard has set for clearing a boss, because "it's his $15."

Not to bring out the old cliche, but if it's your $15, it's everyone else' $360.

10+ Year Old Account
    But see, this is where you just kick them. They'll eventually find a group that doesn't care and you'll have the run you want. It's a win for both sides. Yes, you suffer a wipe, but thats really it.

The funny thing about Elitists is they think that Elite and Elitist are the same thing. The two are not the same thing. Elitists are those that feel they are better than everyone else and treat everyone else they deem beneath them like shit and out themselves as the worst our society has to offer. The elite are deemed to be the best at what they do but feel no need to harsh anyone elses groove just to make themselves feel better.

The elite are more than welcome at my table, I wouldn't let an elitist lick my toilet. If you can't tell the difference between the elite and the elitist then you are an elitist and you are a representative of the worst type of player that plagues our community possible. If this offends you then you now know how much your behavior offends the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah it does, no doubt. I'll take players who make mistakes while actually paying attention to the game over players who are off AFK though.
    Agreed. At least they are trying.

- - - Updated - - -

But see, this is where you just kick them. They'll eventually find a group that doesn't care and you'll have the run you want. It's a win for both sides. Yes, you suffer a wipe, but thats really it.
    But see, here we are again. I say I do, you say its not worth it...

You are correct, your anecdotal evidence is just as good as his. But in the end, neither evidence gives much weight to either side seeing as different experiences will make people react differently therefore you could just as easily react the same way were you in his shoes and vice-versa.

Since Blizzard cannot account for every single possible outcomes of an LFR group, they gave us basic tools to be able to deal with these kind of situations in a civil and polite manner. Could it be done better ? More than likely, yes. But in my personal opinion, the Vote to kick feature and the /ignore works wonder to deal with the unwanted players that the majority of a group do not want to deal with.
    I've had some cases where ignore didn't work. In bgs only, which was rather annoying. Could click the ignore but still see them, but otherwise yes. It's a good tool if you just want to stop seeing them, but i mostly get annoyed on others behalf. When people are blamed wrongly for things. I can ignore that person, but it doesn't help the person that is getting blamed.
    Neither does it make the obnoxious person realize that it's not okay.
    Kick works fine for that, but i'm not happy about using the kick button, since i tried to get the 4 hours kick timer from kicking too much. Now i can kick people during combat because i overall avoid it as much as possible, and just persuade others to use their kick >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    But see, here we are again. I say I do, you say its not worth it...
    What isn't worth it? To kick them? Personally, I wouldn't because I wouldn't care. However, you obviously do care, so go ahead. Obviously, it will be a group decision, so you'll either need to accept that your group doesn't care or find a new one (assuming that they don't kick).