Poll: Who should I give it to?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The closest fire

Wow! There's a whole lot of book burners on this site....

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I ordered Rush Limbaugh's first book from Amazon as a white elephant gift. Unfortunately it arrived too late for the white elephant party, so I have decided to give it to a friend. I know a few people who would absolutely love it, but I'm not sure who I should give it to. I could keep it for myself, but I already have a large collection of books that I still need to read and so I wouldn't read it for some time. Could you guys please help me decide who to give it to?

My Cousin
    Who I will most likely give the book to. My cousin and I are very close and he has recently told me how would like to get more into politics. My cousin is a very reasonable and moderate individual, supporting liberal social policies, such as gay marriage, but still supporting a regulated capitalism and the right to bear arms. I think this might be a good book to help him in his quest to become more political. In addition, I plan on buying him a subscription to Rush 24/7 and the Limbaugh Letter in the future, so this would be a good gift.

My Uncle
    My uncle is the man who first told me about Rush Limbaugh and he is an avid listener of his. I already bought him two Christmas presents this year though, one of which is another political book (Flying Free by Nigel Farage). My uncle loves reading and is, much like my cousin, a moderate conservative.
    Why do you hate your cousin and uncle so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You're welcome, and thanks! Now I wish it had been grammatically correct though...
    I have cataloged your shame until such time as someone says something either very stupid or very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidatom View Post
    Honestly, as fucking stupid as I think Limbaugh's ideas are, I find book burning unsavory. There's just something about it that hits me viscerally. Bad optics, you know?

Just books by bigots. Rush Limbaugh is a bigot, pure and simple. It's shown in his rhetoric and frequent use of slurs for anyone that isn't a rich, white male.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Just books by bigots. Rush Limbaugh is a bigot, pure and simple. It's shown in his rhetoric and frequent use of slurs for anyone that isn't a rich, white male.
    That's too easy, isn't it? I can't really get behind, "I only support burning books by people that society doesn't like". Eviscerate bad writing with good writing, not with physical destruction.

Or books by people who don't agree with your beliefs. People keep throwing the word bigot around and most have no clue what it even means.

That's too easy, isn't it? I can't really get behind, "I only support burning books by people that society doesn't like". Eviscerate bad writing with good writing, not with physical destruction.
    I'm being facetious. I don't actually advocate mass book burning. I also don't support purchasing the books of bigots, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Or books by people who don't agree with your beliefs. People keep throwing the word bigot around and most have no clue what it even means.
    I know perfectly well what it means. Rush Limbaugh could be the textbook definition.

I'm being facetious.
    Word. Reading tone on the internet is not my speciality. Cheers.

Unless you have no idea who Rush Limbaugh is, it seems clear you don't know what the word means.

Honestly, as fucking stupid as I think Limbaugh's ideas are, I find book burning unsavory. There's just something about it that hits me viscerally. Bad optics, you know?
    Book mulching is more environmentally friendly.

Destroy it.

Also, nobody cares about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Unless you have no idea who Rush Limbaugh is, it seems clear you don't know what the word means.
    I listen to him every once in a while. I've never heard him say anything over the top or out of the way. Evidently I'm not the expert on him that you are. Would you care to give us all some examples of his bigotry then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Of course, he should be exposed to all viewpoints and political persuasions. Next up, I plan on buying him Flying Free by Nigel Farage.
    Nakura is one of the most hilarious posters on this forum...I mean the irony in there...

I listen to him every once in a while. I've never heard him say anything over the top or out of the way. Evidently I'm not the expert on him that you are. Would you care to give us all some examples of his bigotry then?
    Here you go, down the rabbit hole.

The guy is a disgusting, racist, homophobic blowhard.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-12-06 at 02:40 AM.

He called Obama an Oreo.
    He called a law student who was advocating for covered birth control a slut.
    He also called Obama "the magic negro."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should give it to the WoW community by reading it while streaming LFR on Twitch.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    He called Obama an Oreo.
    He called a law student who was advocating for covered birth control a slut.
    He also called Obama "the magic negro."

.........................................HAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHA The first one and third one made me laugh hard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Here you go, down the rabbit hole.

The guy is a disgusting, racist, homophobic blowhard.
    This thread: