Poll: What you guys prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    I voted for the "new difficulty" option. I would love an ACTUAL challenge mode that is an actually challenging difficulty and not just a speed run.
    Would also be nice to get rewarded for my effort in terms of character progression. It is fairly screwed up when LFR rewards better than non-raiding alternatives despite require less effort. I shouldnt have to do things like LFR to progress my character and then do non-rewarding engaging activities just to have fun in the game and its not like I am some no-lifer with all the time in the world.

Deleted
    Like I said in the other topic: TBC hc grade or even harder and absolutely no timer! But it has to be a new difficulty level so the devs can ignore the scrubs. Have to make it very very clear to players that expecting to complete mythic 5man in greenies within 30minutes just ain't gonna happen.

TBC heroics, Karazhan and Zul'Aman were the most fun I ever had with this game, only beaten by the scourge invasion which was pure heaven with all the tears and rage :)

didnt they already say that heroics were going to be harder than MoP but easier than early cata heroics?
    so whats the point of this thread?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just make it harder. It feels cheap when the content is only harder by choice, don't make it stupidly hard, just make it so that you need to at least try a bit - The LAST thing this game needs is more difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Make heroics harder" = losing a lot of subs.

I'd love harder dungeons that are harder permanently, rather than just hard at the beginning of the expansion and then it slowly progresses to become more difficult.

I'd love for leveling content and low level dungeons to be hard as well, but... ya know.

I suppose the "Mythic" niche as far as 5-mans go is supposed to be filled by Challenge modes. But there should be an in-between. Five man Normals could fill the niche currently served by MoP Heroics, and 5-man WoD Heroics should be similar to Cataclysm in difficulty and require a premade group like Heroic scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep them as they are but adjust challenge mode to reward better gear for completion.

I don't want a repeat of Cata where the heroic difficulty was good for the first month or two in competent groups but then quickly became an unpleasant experience once the "good" players stopped running them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Yeah, because people just love the current shitfest that is MoP dungeons, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    didnt they already say that heroics were going to be harder than MoP but easier than early cata heroics?
    so whats the point of this thread?
    If they did I'd like to see a link. I've been trying to find an answer on this, watched the Blizzcon vids, read the coverage, reached out to GC on Twitter and haven't got an answer on this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    If they did I'd like to see a link. I've been trying to find an answer on this, watched the Blizzcon vids, read the coverage, reached out to GC on Twitter and haven't got an answer on this yet.
    Not sure if people are reading into things, but the official website talks a bit about them while still leaving things vague. Than again sometimes when the developers are specific they are still off like how MoP heroics was supposed to be WotLK heroic level and instead was WotLK normal level if at that.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11499600
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    We’re also looking to get back to the roots of dungeon content this expansion, and ensuring that they’re not only a significant part of the leveling and story experience as they always have been, but that they also play their part in helping you gear up and get ready for raiding. To that end we’re going to bring back max-level “Normal” dungeons, which—along with Scenarios—will help bridge the gap between level-up quest gear and Heroic dungeons. As Heroics won’t be the first thing you jump into at level 100, it also gives us some room to make Heroic dungeon content a bit more difficult.
    That paragraph also talks about making five man content more important for gearing than it was in MoP which was a short blip that might as well have not existed. Some anti-dungeon posters are not going to like that and it is not normal/heroic raiding elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    (July 2013)https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...76849881726977
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: didn't they[heroics] work in BC?
    A: Right. That was the problem with Cata -- matchmaking and no alternatives.
    A: But hard+organized = loot efficient with easier+matchmaking = less loot efficient could work.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-12-08 at 07:33 PM.

Introduce a new "Mythic" 5-man difficulty that requires you to manually form a group on your server to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgrax View Post
    About the difficulty of the heroic dungeons during Cataclysm's launch should be fun.
    I agree. As long as Blizzard stands their ground this time, and doesn't nerf them to oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Difficult but make difficulty scale with Ilvl so it remains a challenge.
    That defeats the entire purpose of it dropping gear then.

Back to tbc level! Tired of seeing cloth users able to tank everything and without risk of dying

Introduce new difficultly which is a lot harder for more experienced players with better loot.

HOWEVER....I don't want it to be like challenge mode where you need a 5 person premade. But then..how do you keep the new players out of this hard mode? It's not easily thinking of a solution. Maybe an attunement for the hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Son, we already have Mythic.

It's called Challenge Mode. People just never used them.
    No gear, no cares from most. Drop gear and players will appear.

The ICC 5 mans felt about right in difficulty IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I agree. As long as Blizzard stands their ground this time, and doesn't nerf them to oblivion.
    The topic of nerfing "challenging" content was explored again when heroic scenarios came out and players complaining about them.
    (June 2013)https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...39933150597120
    Q: How about we skip 3-4 months over widespread debate and just make the H Scenario's "random-able"?
    A: Because then everyone will demand we nerf the difficulty or let them kick the players that offend them.

Q: If it's a myth[rising to the challenge], then why is it bad for HScens to be nerfed? Maybe having goals is important for progression?

A: The difference is there are alternatives to heroic scenarios. The problem with e.g. Cat dungeons was there were not.
    Another relevant to Cata heroic difficulty.
    (June 2013)https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...90970947579904
    [Response to MMO-Champion: Cata heroics being perfect thread]
    Esp. when they are the only path to progression. If Cata had non-heroic dungeons that could gear you for LFR, it might have worked.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-12-08 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Introduce new difficultly which is a lot harder for more experienced players with better loot.

HOWEVER....I don't want it to be like challenge mode where you need a 5 person premade. But then..how do you keep the new players out of this hard mode? It's not easily thinking of a solution. Maybe an attunement for the hard modes.
    Simple. Have the progression path be something like this:

Normal 5-mans --> Heroic 5-mans --> LFR/Mythic 5-mans

LFR and Mythic would provide the exact same iLvl loot. LFR would be easier, but more time-consuming with the queues and the wing length itself. Mythic 5-man would be shorter but harder and require teamwork. Both groups would then have the option of going into Normal (Flex) or Heroic (Normal) raiding.

As long as Blizzard provides an alternate for the lesser skilled players, I think it's fine.