Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Sub-race skins are the exact product the in-game cash shop was meant to sell; purely cosmetic and extremely desirable. It's really no different from being able to buy those cool transmog helms, and committed roleplayers are almost guaranteed to buy at least a handful of them. People who don't care for sub-races aren't going to care regardless, since they won't care about what color their characters skin looks under their armor.

I personally believe that this is the most likely scenario in which we are going to get our hands on sub-race skins for our characters. Though it's not optimal by any means, it's the most realistic and if this is the only way we are going to be able to get sub-race skins, then so be it.
    100% agree. I said something similar earlier in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    The female casting animations are the only reason I don't play my Warlock so actively. My Rogue would be Blood Elf in a heartbeat but I'm still waiting for the new models before I throw my money at the screen (which I will do anyway the moment they release the Blood Elf models...).
    I don't disagree, I don't think there's much to 'fix' for the females animation wise. They're very good in that respect. I kept my priest as a blood elf female for that reason.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

[QUOTE=shoc;24845798]Similarly, check out the Night Elf in this design.
    Her eyes are regular eyes, with a faint glow to them, but in game they just have floaty glowy balls in front of where their eyes should be.
    I'm hoping with the update their eyes will be properly "in" their eye sockets so to speak, like Azshara's and Malfurions model.

I love the armor the F nelf is wearing, I would love to see armor like that added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You seem to have far too much faith in the current Blizzard. The Shop is the only place they would put something with as much quick buck potential as sub race skins.
    You seem to be really cynical and jaded over something as silly as a few mounts and pets compared to everything we've gotten in MOP that was NOT offered int he store. Do we really have to sit here and make a list to compare all the custom brand new models and mounts and hell, why not armor sets at this point, if you're just going to throw everything out the window over the store because of something like 4 mounts in a year. But I won't rule anything out, as I said. I find your attitude however unrealistic and knee jerk Tall Poppy Syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sorry Yig, but as much as I hate to say it the shop is the only realistic way we'll be seeing sub-race skins in game. The effort to profit margin is just way too high for Blizzard to possibly ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're on the topic of Firstkeeper, let's not forget her Undead and Human models.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...er-d3ajqyw.jpg
    http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...er-d3a0u8g.jpg
    Well, I hope you're still around on the day when we find out. I'l be happy to concede and further pat you on the back for your foresight. I'd hope you'd be just as willing to admit your cynicism should my optimism be confirmed.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

i think we would most likely see sub races with brand new models on the store.

wanna play as a broken? pay some money.

something like brown skin orcs or dark irons are things they were gonna do anyways, and its not like textures/small model edits take much time anyways.

i dont really care as long as we get a bunch of cool stuff. more stuff is always better than no stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Don't want to get off topic, but are you by any chance a fan of James Stokoe?
    Never had heard of him, but after some Googling I like what I see. Some cool art. Not an influence I would claim on my stuff though. But I see it with the ornate tangents I can get carried away on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, this is also the first time we've really had a direct line to any of Blizzard's artists, let alone the art director.

I'm personally not getting my hopes up too much with regards to new customizations and subraces just yet. I'm sure it's coming, but I feel like it'll definitely be post-WoD model revamp, maybe post-WoD.

With all of the models getting updated to a specific level of quality, I figure any future character art improvements will center around customization, animation, armor, and spells. They're definitely showing a lot of interest in all of those things now, some of them overtly moving into "it's on our list" territory. I feel like tattoos and scars at the very least might be coming our way by the end of WoD, along with new hairstyles and (hopefully) some new hair colors. I'd also love to see more class-specific animations, especially for melee.
    That's actually something I wanted to point out myself as a qualifier but neglected to remember to in the end, the fact we're talking to Robinson himself unfiltered, which being new can distort our impressions of what is hoped for, bandied, planned, and actively being worked on. He's not used to having his words micro analyzed and filtered through every possible concept that can be attributed to it.

I try to be careful with my expectations and am prone to getting carried away in speculation, but I still remember how much Blizzard went out of it's way in 2004 by light years compared to any other MMO in regard to quality stylized impressionistic custom textures and lighting behavior as well as world customization with terrain given the attention of an accomplished artist's eye down to every tree and shrub, with animations customized for every race and every sex along with a movement system that felt more like a third person action RPG or shooter than the rigidly pitiful RPGs of the day, and it still fills me with a certain level of optimism that apparently the years have not been kind with towards the minds of others in this community.

What they did then, was to me on par with the pyramids in my opinion looking at it's peers like Star Wars Galaxies or EQ2 in 2004 being a a mere totem pole to the one of the 7 Wonders of the video gaming world Being a lover of stylized art and impressionistic painting I may be biased there, but the movement system alone and animations,.. magnificent. And the flow and transition between zones and landscapes and vistas. Completely magnificent and without precedent at the time. Complete paradigm shift. But I've pontificated on that a lot here.

We still get way more from the art team than is necessary concerning world maps when it comes to custom textures for each zone and the level of unique tree and shrub models and other things in that regard, and I think people overlook that kind of thing way too much. Jade Forest is like looking at the padded cell of a madman when you see how many unique bamboo and tree models they used let alone how far they were going before they realized how out of hand it was getting if you watch the behind the scenes videos.

And those tree trunks in Krasarang and textures,.. I feel like I'm back in my time I've spent in Southeast Asia to the point I can smell the mildew and damp leaf litter when I walk into those woods.

Blizzard has a propensity for extreme and "beyond the call of duty" detail when they get carried away and passionate about something. People tend to ignore that and look at the exceptions to the rule as the norm. I find it unfair. But I'm also weary and at times enraged over the years with looking at the number of limited rigging and skeletons they've rehashed in the name of keeping system specs down for 10 year old computers to be able to play the game today. And I know how that frustration can lead to a lot of jaded and cynical expectations.

Personally I'd say 50/50 at this point we see either no added customization with the updated player models on release, or some added customization with a few extra sub race skins thrown in without any explanation lore wise needed on day 1 of either release or the proceeding patch introducing release. Dark Irons, Wildhammers, and Mag'har specifically need no introduction. In the past new races were held back for release, and I think the player model updates will be too. I really don't see any chance at all the updates will be released for the patch before launch day. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they are beyond a raised eyebrow.

But I see possibly over WOD's lifetime one or several major additions made to the player customization in future content patches, especially with what the competition is getting up to in Wildstar. Not that has ever really been a factor beyond good ideas being assimilated.

But it's not like I'd wake up and be surprised to see subraces in the shop either, or never even happen at all. I've been waiting at every Blizzcon since 2006 for both updated player models and demon hunters, so I'm used to having my expectations and hopes completely deflated and dashed on the rocks by the sea like a broken goblin dirigible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there really isnt any though.

other than high elves and humans there werent very many other races turned into forsaken.

arthas marched through lordaeron and quel'thalas and that was about it. other than leper gnomes and death knights theres not really anything in the forsaken ranks other than elves and humans
    In the Forsaken, yes. In the Scourge? Everything probably can be found somewhere. Especially orcs and night elves. But that would take a lot of story involving Northrend and what Bolvar's been up to. So I wouldn't realistically make any claims here or disagreements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I beg to differ on you begging to differ. I win.
    I'm going to agree to disagree with you all. On orc hunches being acceptable or blood elves being meterosexual instead of mana addicted feinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    That's the thing, they could've gone with the TFT punchlines, and that would have worked just as well, if not better. Personally, I do think the model is pretty macho in some respects, e.g. the facial options are mostly chiseled and have strong chins and jaws, and the build is well muscled and athletic. It's not that which bothers me - it's the rather messy representation of the musculature and the bizarre pose. They are meant to be proud, yes; not sure if I'd agree on snobbish, but they are ethnocentric jingoists and, understandably, somewhat isolationist. It's kind of why I prefer playing melee male blood elves; the posture is more of an issue if you're standing and casting. That is aside from the fact that I hate how most robes sit on characters in WoW. I also think the blood elf casters in TFT had better, more fluid casting animations, especially the Blood Mage. The San'layn and Silvermoon guard models Yig keeps posting are both good reference points on how to improve their model. The latter, in particular, look proud and confident without the bizarreness of the PC model's idle stance. The option for stubble a la Hanthal Lightward would be cool, too.

The females are all right but their faces are too pixy-like and they could do with a slightly more substantial physique. Their casting animations are rad, though.

Speaking of casting animations, I really hope male night elves are going to get a boost there! They're meant to be a race renowned for powerful spellcasters.
    I always wished Blood Elves racial mount would have been floating like Storm in X-men as the priests did in WC 3.

With epic wind in their hair and robes and power and majesty in their stance. But instead, they got weird birds. And priests got a levitate spell that made you look like you were just standing a few feet on invisible ground. Then they finally gave us slightly custom levitate animations, that still look stiff and unnatural when you move forward or backwards compared to the WC3 unit when you saw them coming. That would have been fucking AWE-some I think. Even with all the bitching the community did over Worgen getting running wild instead of another mount for the mount collection.

I took part greatly in the effort to beg Blizzard on the beta forums for something like Running Wild, and when they actually gave it to us, I was elated. Not that I think the idea wasn't obvious and we had any effect on the outcome. I also on a sidenote feel the community had nothing to do with the changes to the Worgen model being more feral, that was a matter of convergence in my opinion when looking at the time scales we were working with and the number of threads on the beta forum and posts made in both defense and against the whole. Amusingly, I was against making them more feral, and argued to leave the issue alone. But when they implemented the new male model, I was blown away by the quality of the design on it's own merit, even if it looked like a demonic Skaven from Warhammer instead of a the Dog men we were. I never ever thought WOW player models would look that cool in WOW's entire life time. Something about it, just really hit my taste buds for "bad ass". And those individually sculpted teeth, and the way his lower jaw opened when you jumped, I didn't give a damn about the permanent snarl.

Still, I did petition heavily to make the older Worgen an option, but I see the vast difference in fidelity when it came to the two designs in technical specs that probably was the factor in ruling that out. A very contentious issue to bring up here, I know. I shall say no more of it.

But yeah, imagine how awesome Blood Elves flying around like Sorceresses in WC3 would have been. C'mooooooooon.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You seem to be really cynical and jaded over something as silly as a few mounts and pets compared to everything we've gotten in MOP that was NOT offered int he store. Do we really have to sit here and make a list to compare all the custom brand new models and mounts and hell, why not armor sets at this point, if you're just going to throw everything out the window over the store because of something like 4 mounts in a year. But I won't rule anything out, as I said. I find your attitude however unrealistic and knee jerk Tall Poppy Syndrome.
    Considering how hard they've been pushing the store lately I'm fully expecting them to put even more stuff more frequently into it in the future.

"They're ignoring the Store, let's put in MORE BUTTONS!"
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-01-31 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixietinker View Post
    Similarly, check out the Night Elf in this design.
    Her eyes are regular eyes, with a faint glow to them, but in game they just have floaty glowy balls in front of where their eyes should be.
    I'm hoping with the update their eyes will be properly "in" their eye sockets so to speak, like Azshara's and Malfurions model.

I love the armor the F nelf is wearing, I would love to see armor like that added to the game.
    As I've shown, if you zoom in to the level of your night elf where he goes transparent, just before 1st person perspective mode, the eyes lose the glow enough to see the actual eyes on the skin the artist drew, and you can see their eyes pure white, and rendered. I edited this to make those pure white eyes glow a little while removing the glow entirely of the orbs. but it looks exactly like what their eyes would look like if they didn't have those orbs now. The zoomed in images on the left are the eyes on the model. The smaller images on the right have the "furby orbs" as I call them still intact.

Actually I forgot I had this screen of Malfurion from the beta, now that beta is over for Cataclysm. However, they widened his eyes a bit from the eyes you see on the texture of my Night Elf's face. I like them narrow, sinister. Malfurion in his altruism and stern kindness, it makes sense to have his eyes a bit wider.

- - - Updated - - -

i think we would most likely see sub races with brand new models on the store.

wanna play as a broken? pay some money.

something like brown skin orcs or dark irons are things they were gonna do anyways, and its not like textures/small model edits take much time anyways.

i dont really care as long as we get a bunch of cool stuff. more stuff is always better than no stuff
    Brand new models and animations? Okay. I could see that worth money. Broken, Pandaren quality High Elves that are unique in their posture and animations from Blood Elves. Pandaren quality Yaungol, or Taunka each with animations custom from Tauren but obviously interchangeable. But not textures.

Skins like tattoos and Dark Irons and Mag'har, I maintain that's just not really in line with my sense of what will happen. And I've been keeping score these last 9 years over everything I had a sense for that would happen and that did happen, and it's a rather long list I called things on that gives me a bloated sense of confidence in my speculation I often need to have deflated. That I will be the first to admit.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-31 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    uhm/... this is horrible.. human& high elves? they are not even the same race? same model with blue eyes? dude get out of here!
    I'm going by what makes sense, high elves stayed with the human kingdoms. They're not exactly sub races i said, and why should they get a different model than blood elves?
    Last edited by Randomdude17; 2014-01-31 at 09:44 AM.

Considering how hard they've been pushing the store lately I'm fully expecting them to put even more stuff more frequently into it in the future.

"They're ignoring the Store, let's put in MORE BUTTONS!"
    Oh, that's a given. There willl always be more things added to the store. But not something like player customization in my carefully weighed and balanced opinion and sensibility.

But I won't begrudge your stance, hold fast to it. Shove it in my face should I be wrong.

I really hope not though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randomdude17 View Post
    I'm going by what makes sense, high elves stayed in Lordaeron. They're not exactly sub races i said, and why should they get a different model than blood elves?
    Because it would give us an excuse to lose that aloof and arrogant hip swagger and give them a more regal bearing like they warrant to my sensibilities.
    Make this Pandaren quality and it does a lot more than give us a boring rehashed model with different colored eyes.
    Also *ahem* QUIVERS!!!!!! I can't stand to play an archer that doesnt have a quiver full of fletched arrows over their shoulder or at thier hip. It can't come soooooon enuogh. It's what has had me not playing a hunter in 9 years, because even when we had quivers, they disappeared in a wonky way depending on /toggle combat and weapons sheathed. I love a dwarf ranger and blunderbuss though, and I think I'll make one with the model updates finally. Decisions, 1st world decisions,...

Also, High Elves now reside in Stormwind and Dalaran, in present day WOW. Along with limited visitation rights to the Sunwell.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-31 at 09:50 AM.

Oh, that's a given. There willl always be more things added to the store. But not something like player customization in my carefully weighed and balanced opinion and sensibility.

But I won't begrudge your stance, hold fast to it. Shove it in my face should I be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it would give us an excuse to lose that aloof and arrogant hip swagger and give them a more regal bearing like they warrant to my sensibilities.
    Make this Pandaren quality and it does a lot more than give us a boring rehashed model with different colored eyes.
    Also *ahem* QUIVERS!!!!!! I can't stand to play an archer that doesnt have a quiver full of fletched arrows over their shoulder or at thier hip. It can't come soooooon enuogh. It's what has had me not playing a hunter in 9 years, because even when we had quivers, they disappeared in a wonky way depending on /toggle combat and weapons sheathed. I love a dwarf ranger and blunderbuss though, and I think I'll make one with the model updates finally. Decisions, 1st world decisions,...

Also, High Elves now reside in Stormwind and Dalaran, in present day WOW. Along with limited visitation rights to the Sunwell.
    Yeah i edited the bit about Lordaeron, was a bit sleepy. Of course they'd be Pandaren quality though, that'd come with the blood elf model update, as a former hunter i also think quivers should get implemented soon, it's a bit weird to grab the arrows from thin air. Perhaps if they'd just have different animations that makes them look less arrogant.

10+ Year Old Account

Brand new models and animations? Okay. I could see that worth money. Broken, Pandaren quality High Elves that are unique in their posture and animations from Blood Elves. Pandaren quality Yaungol, or Taunka each with animations custom from Tauren but obviously interchangeable. But not textures.

Skins like tattoos and Dark Irons and Mag'har, I maintain that's just not really in line with my sense of what will happen. And I've been keeping score these last 9 years over everything I had a sense for that would happen and that did happen, and it's a rather long list I called things on that gives me a bloated sense of confidence in my speculation I often need to have deflated. That I will be the first to admit.
    Agreed re the above, and levitation for the blood elves along the lines of the Sorceress, that would look ace.

Also, like you mentioned, high elves seem to have a strong presence in Dalaran, which is a kingdom I would be very hesitant to call "human", given how many gnomes, high elves (and formerly, blood elves) there are there. Possibly Highborne too, now. There is also Quel'danil lodge, which is near a Wildhammer settlement. All that being said, either humans or night elves could accommodate a high elf subrace button. This isn't to suggest they're members of either race, it is just a convenient vehicle through which to introduce HE without necessitating the insertion of a new race, which is probably an expansion or two away from WOD.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-31 at 06:38 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Agreed re the above, and levitation for the blood elves along the lines of the Sorceress, that would look ace.

Also, like you mentioned, high elves seem to have a strong presence in Dalaran, which is a kingdom I would be very hesitant to call "human", given how many gnomes, high elves (and formerly, blood elves) there are there. Possibly Highborne too, now. There is also Quel'danil lodge, which is near a Wildhammer settlement. All that being said, either humans or night elves could accommodate a high elf subrace button. This isn't to suggest they're members of either race, it is just a convenient vehicle through which to introduce HE without necessitating the insertion of a new race, which is probably an expansion or two away from WOD.
    Humans are the more likely option. Kaldorei are reluctant to even allow Highborne magus amongst them, not to mention the further mutated Quel'Dorei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my point is it's just a slot on a screen. In all likelihood, the starter zones, skins/models and whatever flavour quests are added for the subraces will play a greater role than which race's slot they come under, although obviously in most cases that will be more straightforward than with HE. Some logical connection would make sense, of course, and the Quel'dorei are still related to the Kaldorei, ideological and evolutionary differences aside.

You can see this with Broken as well. They're not really much of a relation to the draenei, anymore, but it doesn't mean that a subrace slot under the 'draenei' race would be untoward in any way, since it doesn't imply that the two subraces are on good terms or physiologically indistinguishable.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-31 at 08:05 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

this elf is halduron

well stormwind has an entire district dedicated to dwarves and a giant gnomish brawling guild and train right outside it.

we still call stormwind a human city.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Humans are the more likely option. Kaldorei are reluctant to even allow Highborne magus amongst them, not to mention the further mutated Quel'Dorei.
    I think that's actually exactly who would take them in. Anathema, but hear me out. When Tyrande first encountered Kael'thas in WC3 after 10k years of separation between the two groups, she wasn't in the least bit threatened or maligned towards them. Malfurion and the druids probably have more of a grudge after Dath'remar's transgressions, but Tyrande and he didn't seem to be more than "Hey, yo cousins, long time no see, weird to see you here! Wanna help us out looking for Illidan?" As I recall.

From Warcraft 3, the first reunion of Furion, Tyrande, Maeve, and Kael'thas:

As Kael'thas was loading the supply wagons, he was met by two unexpected strangers, Maiev Shadowsong and Tyrande Whisperwind. These night elves had pursued Illidan Stormrage for three days across the sea. Kael guessed that perhaps Illidan was behind the disturbances at Dalaran, and when he told them his tale, Tyrande immediately offered her assistance, thinking that he could help them track down Illidan. Maiev believed it to be a waste of time, but reluctantly agreed. With the protection of the night elves and their Mountain Giant allies, Kael quickly made his way to Pyrewood Village to retrieve his buried supply caches. As they gathered more reinforcements, Maiev asked Kael where the rest of his brethren were, and he told them of the destruction of Quel'Thalas. Tyrande empathized, but warned that vengeance and rage was not a pleasant road to walk.

As they arrived in Pyrewood, the undead were lying in wait and ambushed the caravan. Kael, Maiev, Tyrande and their forces battled off the first attackers, but as the second wave advanced, they realized that the caravan would never survive another assault. Maiev and Kael rushed the caravan across the bridge, while Tyrande stayed to fend off the undead alone. As she called upon the powers of Elune to protect her, the bridge fell away, and Tyrande was swept down the river. Kael wanted to pursue her, but Maiev stopped him, saying that she was a warrior and knew the risks. Maiev then demanded that Kael honour their bargain, and help her capture Illidan.

Kael and Maiev tracked Illidan to Dalaran, where Kael's scouts found him performing a strange ritual with a mysterious gem. Malfurion came and told them that Illidan's spell was using the Eye of Sargeras to break Northrend apart. Immediately, they advanced upon his location, while Kael defended their bases from the voracious undead. When Illidan's spell was interrupted, Malfurion approached his brother and condemned him for his part in Tyrande's death. Kael, perplexed, suggested that it was premature to assume she was dead, and was vehemently silenced by Maiev.

Malfurion, realizing he had been duped, left Maiev entangled in vines while he and Illidan set off to save Tyrande. Maiev eventually freed herself and set off in pursuit, while Kael'thas was left in the ruins of Dalaran.
    Also, the Kaldorei have now had the Alliance living in Ashenvale for 10 years, fighting and bleeding and dying in Warsong Gulch and in campaigns around the world. And there have been lore wise the remnants of the high elves living in the Alliance, so my thinking is that along with the Shen'dralar being permitted back to Teldrassil, after the recent events of history the Silver Covenant and high elves of Stormwind may be welcomed back to Teldrassil too. The Worgen, Draenei, and High Elven mostly rangers but probably magi interested in the moonwells would probably migrate there if permitted. They lost their home and the Sunwell, but they have a romanticized home like Americans like to pretend their countries of origin seem to be I could see Tyrande permitting it. Hell, she let Illidan out. And Malfurion has to be more relaxed now that they are part of the Alliance for over a decade concerning their taboo against arcane magic. And the Draenei and HIgh Elves could get their own little districts in Darnassus, the High Elves and Shen'dralar opening portals to all the other cities, making Darnassus a great alternative to Stormwind for your hearthstone. I'm indulging myself here too much now. I like having to walk there, deep down in my bosome.

Mostly I just like the idea of high elves being an option for Night Elves instead of humans. Though I could see either. But then if it came down to a Pandaren quality unique high elf with unique animations independent of the Blood Elves, I could start to see Shoc's idea making more sense as a cash shop transaction. It would give them an excuse to put the work into something a lot more awesome than a mount or a pet.

I'm getting all verklempt with the exchange of ideas here.

I could see them still being a cash shop buy starting in Teldrassil, or maybe a cool new instanced scenario to make them worth more than 5 bucks, a 20 dollar player race, with a full level 1-10 experience? Instanced scenarios where you do stuff from level 1-10 in Northrend, maybe at level 10 portaling to Teldrassil to meet a Shen'dralar and Tyrande who welcomes the high elven rangers and magi to assist in defending Hyjal.

I mean they've been fighting side by side with warlocks and magi now in the Alliance and deathknights, old cultural taboos have to be lax. I see it as the gay marriage attitude in America, probably a large conservative vocal faction with a lot of indifferent individuals and a leader who has shown she is willing to make use of what ever she can walking the line Furion would usually caution wariness over.

I just love seeing things like this shaken up and evolved in the lore.

I'm still secretly determined to see the Legion invading as an imminent threat causing Tyrande to openly declare a call out to all the demon hunters of the land to be permitted beyond the fringes of society en masse to assemble as they seemed to in WC3 at the battle of Hyjal, leading to Maiev triggering a kind of civil war among the Kaldorei, warden vs demon hunter. All while the clock is ticking and the Legion on it's way.

I'm absolutely insane with amazing deals on new cars and trucks! Come on down today while these in-saaaane prices remain!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    this elf is halduron
    Cool, I still wonder who made it. I love it as an alternative model, given pandaren quality fidelity. Just recycling the same posed Sin'dorei with blue eyes seems a waste of something much cooler to me. And as much as I thought skins would be a shitstorm to sell in the store, actual player races with starting experiences both gives devs more excuses to devote resources, and gives us an awesome little mini expansion almost for each offering. Plus, games like ESO are offering exclusive player races only available like the Imperial with the Collector's Edition of ESO, so it's something I could see happening in a wild hypothetical that makes this more than the art team satisfying the raving desires of 9 years of about %5 of the community if that. More people would be interested with advertising and complete new animations and customization and starting quests, them more I indulge in this crazy ass idea the more I like it as providing monetary incentive. I think people would rather have this kind of thing over 4 mounts a year or so in the shop.

It's definitely radical stuff for thought towing the line.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-01 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well stormwind has an entire district dedicated to dwarves and a giant gnomish brawling guild and train right outside it.

we still call stormwind a human city.
    Which is accurate. Dalaran is a different kettle of fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is accurate. Dalaran is a different kettle of fish.
    Mmmmmmm Fish.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Cool, I still wonder who made it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-good-measure)