Poll: Should hunters be allowed to tame dragons?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunter Class: Taming the Dragon

It's been long enough Blizz. I think a pet Dragon is WAY over due

Only if the dragon uses a new skin
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

dragons are sentient creatures.

asking for hunters to tame dragons is like asking for hunters to tame tauren.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    we already ride around on drakes, having them fight for us wouldn't be too different, so yeah I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    So we get dragons AND tauren .... and worgen .... and pandaren? YES!

10+ Year Old Account

I would LOVE to tame a tauren. Also, all animals are sentient to an extent. But if we can train an offspring of Onyxia as a battle pet, why could a hunter not bond with a LARGER version to use as a full size pet?

yes... and?
    we've been asking for tameable druids for years!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryai- View Post
    we already ride around on drakes, having them fight for us wouldn't be too different, so yeah I'm all for it!
    This was similar to something I had in mind yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons, no way..

But I do think, it's time to let hunters tame less intelligent ANIMALS (e.g. horses, turtles etc), that we can use as mounts.. Once a hunter have tamed a mount, it should be accout wide, like all other mounts..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Dragons, no way..

But I do think, it's time to let hunters tame less intelligent ANIMALS (e.g. horses, turtles etc), that we can use as mounts.. Once a hunter have tamed a mount, it should be accout wide, like all other mounts..
    This would work best for Gnome hunters. Tame it, and then ride it. Like the orcs in hellfire. Then you dismount and you and your mount attack!

I am all for it!

Dragons are too intelligent. The ones we ride offer themselves to be ridden, they are like our friends. (Have you read Eragon, or Dragon Rider? Same concept.)

If we could tame Proto Drakes or some other unintelligent dragon, it would make sense.

Also, giant ass dragons running around everywhere as pets would be soooo annoying, imagine stampede? I wouldn't be able to see the target. -_-

The huntard would get tamed by the dragon instead. Dragons are intelligent beigns.

10+ Year Old Account

Reminds me of back in WotLK when I was playing a Tauren Druid. I was in Darkshore and some low level hunter approached me without a pet. He started staring me down and then I ran to his side (I assume he was trying to tame me). Afterwards I just ran around him while he was questing and I killed everything. I'll never forget how confused he looked when I stopped following him as he approached the Alliance outpost there.

On Topic: No, you shouldn't be able to tame Dragonkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhait View Post
    The huntard would get tamed by the dragon instead. Dragons are intelligent beigns.
    One of life's little ironys

On topic: I think certain dragonkin should be reclassified to a beast status and make them tamable. Not all drakes are sentient speaking beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    One of life's little ironys

On topic: I think certain dragonkin should be reclassified to a beast status and make them tamable. Not all drakes are sentient speaking beings.
    I'm not sure if Cloud Serpents are sentient, unless you include the celestials. Proto Drakes are ancient ancestors of the dragons and aren't as intelligent. Other than that there aren't many unintelligent dragons.

Also, dragons are too big. I don't want to see armies of giant dragons accompanying hunters everywhere.

Deleted
    Instead of dragons I prefer undead animals Plague Hounds, the horses in Naxx etc etc.

Dragons, not necessarily. They're sentient, and even the drakes we ride that are members of the flights are allowing us to mount them with their consent.

However, a quest chain that allowed the hunter to become, essentially, a "Dragonsworn" or something to that effect, giving us a specific spell that was not "Tame" dragon but "Befriend" or "Make pact with" dragon, could absolutely work. It just needs a lore reason that is respectful of dragons intelligence. The tameable ones would have to be small, though-- a great addition could be an in-between stage between whelp and drake.

That said, the "less intelligent" dragonlike species- Faerie Dragons, Proto Drakes, Cloud Serpents.... dragons that do not belong to a flight, those could be easily tameable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    Instead of dragons I prefer undead animals Plague Hounds, the horses in Naxx etc etc.
    Those dogs are already tameable.

Many Dragons are sapient beings

well, we catch and use whelplings as battle pets. I don't see what's wrong with having them as hunter pets.