View Poll Results: Are you happy that Ghostcrawler is leaving?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I am happy he is leaving.

39 20.63%
  • No, I am sad he is leaving.

106 56.08%
  • I am indifferent towards his leaving.

44 23.28%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Like mine, your opinion doesnt matter. Behold the extent of your insignificance.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Sounds like you are using age as an excuse card for blizzards bad game design decisions. I suppose that is the mind set of a fanboy.
    I smell a certain living-under-a-bridge creature abound, with a huge hate boner for all things WoW (specifically Ghostcrawler).

Let this one to rest folks; nothing left to see here.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

This dead horse has beaten so many times in the last month all there is left is a bloody pile.

The main problem is Activision Blizzard and Bobby Kotick's vision of milking everything to the ground.

Warning: May make you cry.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=128252
    Last edited by Peso; 2013-12-14 at 06:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I smell a certain living-under-a-bridge creature abound, with a huge hate boner for all things WoW (specifically Ghostcrawler).

Let this one to rest folks; nothing left to see here.
    Lol yeah Sandmoth is well known round these parts. I am guessing he had a ban lift this morning and is eager to get himself banned again. Like I said previously though to think that one guy had that much sway over the game is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsharr View Post
    Like mine, your opinion doesnt matter. Behold the extent of your insignificance.
    Doesn't mean that I can't post it

I am done posting back to you if you are going to refuse that GC was a boss. He made himself voice of the dev team on his own which brought him a lot of fame and probably fortune as well, and because of that I feel no remorse that he gets blamed. Look it is clear that you liked GC, and you want to avoid every possible situation where he is blamed for something. But that's pretty damn biased view in my eyes.
    That's fine. Call it bias or whatever you want, but you're trying to demonize him because you didn't agree with the design choices of the entire team. Everything you've said about anyone being bias in this thread can equally be said of you, but you haven't brought to the table a single fact about how he was negative. You'd rather make assumptions that he was the ceo of blizzard.

If you don't want to respond back to me, I'm fine. Two other people on this thread are making the same argument as mine. Stop deluding yourself and do a simple google search of the truth. Stop being a hater.

Oh, Sandmoth is just a troll? Didn't know that. I thought he was as deluded as he seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Lol yeah Sandmoth is well known round these parts. I am guessing he had a ban lift this morning and is eager to get himself banned again. Like I said previously though to think that one guy had that much sway over the game is just stupid.
    It doesn't matter how much sway he had over design. He had the position of "lead systems designer" and he was the voice and face of the dev team. He put himself in a role to be jugged, so that is exactly what I am going to do.

EDIT: If Ghostcrawler can't handle the fire, then he shouldn't have gotten in the oven in the first place.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-12-14 at 06:37 PM.

I am done posting back to you if you are going to refuse that GC was a boss. He made himself voice of the dev team on his own which brought him a lot of fame and probably fortune as well, and because of that I feel no remorse that he gets blamed. Look it is clear that you liked GC, and you want to avoid every possible situation where he is blamed for something. But that's pretty damn biased view in my eyes.
    Ghostcrawler was Lead Systems Designer. Systems entailing add on support and interface development.

He had no say in encounter design or raid/dungeon content. That was Ion Hazzikostas and before him, Scott Mercer.
    He had no say in PvP. That was Holinka and before him, Tom Chilton took on that mantle even as the lead game designer.
    He had no say in quests and world design. That was Dave Kosak and Alex Afrasiabi.
    Content design like new features (transmog, pet battles) are Cory Stockton with Ghostcrawler ensuring the interface was solid.
    Class balance was a collaborative effort between the PvP team, encounter design team, and systems design team.
    Everything had to go through Tom Chilton who answered to Rob Pardo.

Ghostcrawler was the lead over a fairly small part of WoW development when you look at what people are interested in. He simply got the finger pointed at him and a lot of players having misconceptions about what his job entailed given he was our main connection to the developers. If Holinka were the one answering all the questions, would you put the blame on him two for everything? You have a very ignorant point of view if you're going to blame someone because "well they're the ones talking to us so they must be to blame!"
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-12-14 at 06:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler was a very special individual who brought so much to the game. His insight and candor will be missed.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I can't believe people still think he was God of WoW.

He was just a lead, in a TEAM of leads, that in turn each had a team who then had subteams and cross overs, he was not above the other leads, he was NOT "the boss", he was a boss of a small team, and he has a boss, who has a boss.

Then there is from memory, four people above the leads, and then two above those four.

I need to make a hierarchy pic sometime.

As Ghostcrawler said himself don't expect much to change, everything is a group discussion and as a result of a group, not one individual,

The only reason people seem to think Ghostcrawler was the top guy, was because he was very public.

Ontopic, he will be missed by me, I'm interested to find out what hes on next, I think he's going back to his RTS roots, he's already said he isn't going to an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone believe that GC leaving will make any proficient difference for WoW then you are mistaken.
    Just a new face to take all the blame.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

GC did a lot of good for us, and the bad people slag him for was a team effort - as was much of the good I grant, but solely his was his dedication to openness and communication, for which he should be commended regardless of what anyone thinks of the state of the game.

5 Logical Fallacies That Make You Wrong More Than You Think

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_19468...#ixzz2nTZbcfDw

http://www.cracked.com/article_19468...you-think.html
    Last edited by Rsharr; 2013-12-14 at 06:41 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    9 is just a number. I don't fundamentally believe that just because a game gets old that it dies. I believe good game design can keep a game a game going nearly indefinitely. League of legends is proof of that. It has far outdated graphics, yet remains extremely popular mainly because of good game design.
    You might want to compare two mmorpgs instead of a MOBA and a mmorpg. They are different not only in design, but longevity and audience as well. :/ You don't hear a wine taster compare an old wine to a new beer now do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I can't believe people still think he was God of WoW.

He was just a lead, in a TEAM of leads, that in turn each had a team who then had subteams and cross overs, he was not above the other leads, he was NOT "the boss", he was a boss of a small team, and he has a boss, who has a boss.

Then there is from memory, four people above the leads, and then two above those four.

I need to make a hierarchy pic sometime.

As Ghostcrawler said himself don't expect much to change, everything is a group discussion and as a result of a group, not one individual,

The only reason people seem to think Ghostcrawler was the top guy, was because he was very public.

Ontopic, he will be missed by me, I'm interested to find out what hes on next, I think he's going back to his RTS roots, he's already said he isn't going to an MMO.
    Some people don't like to think too long.

Deleted
    i honestly don't care at all, but i want to point that OP simply is totally ignorant about GC effective role in blizzard and like every single ignorant person on internet he spoke more then the others, just ignore him, it's impossible to educate this kind of persons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    It doesn't matter how much sway he had over design. He had the position of "lead systems designer" and he was the voice and face of the dev team. He put himself in a role to be jugged, so that is exactly what I am going to do.
    Cause you of all people are worthy to "jugg" a job you know jack shit about right? Please go back on your hiatus.

I don't really see the design choices made during his tenure going away. The entire dev team is still there - only their mouthpiece is gone. And frankly, what Ghostcrawler did with communication between blues and devs was exceptional. Ghostcrawler's departure is a net loss for Blizzard. Nothing good can come of it, beyond maybe some fresh ideas in the Blizzard house.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I don't really see the design choices made during his tenure going away. The entire dev team is still there - only their mouthpiece is gone. And frankly, what Ghostcrawler did with communication between blues and devs was exceptional. Ghostcrawler's departure is a net loss for Blizzard. Nothing good can come of it, beyond maybe some fresh ideas in the Blizzard house.
    Ghostcrawler wasn't causing ideas to not happen.