Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    Please. Please just stop. It's the Holiday season. Presenting a beta during the months of Thanksgiving and Christmas is not a wise idea. It wouldn't work so well when everyone is wanting to be with their family. And as someone who played both the Horde and the Alliance zones at Blizzcon - the beta (while yes - it probably has progressed much farther in the past weeks) is not 100% ready for beta at this point. I found plenty of bugs - some of which making me abandon quests - others making my character not work correctly. If anything I believe it is in a Alpha stage, and that by the END of January we will have a beta. I say END of January because who knows what complications will arise - and maybe they will want to add new models in before releasing the beta.

Overall - just wait. Good things come to those who wait - and if you guys want them to rush it, I guarantee it won't be as good as it can be.

^_^ Your friendly Dogerash,
    Shadowbathed.
    1) nobody is forced to play beta...people who want to be with there family can be with there family

2) beta is not ready? how do u know and how the hell can u find bugs without teh beta?

Deleted
    ... like you're with your family 24/7 for 2 weeks ... Christmas Eve and Christmas day and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    1) nobody is forced to play beta...people who want to be with there family can be with there family

2) beta is not ready? how do u know and how the hell can u find bugs without teh beta?
    i think he is referring to the developers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    I don't really care about the WoD Beta's ETA. But, I am rather curious as to why we're not hearing a whole lot about it.

I'll even take some damn screenshots or wallpapers! Yeesh.
    That I think is just bad timing. They usually don't give out huge sums of new information after Blizzcon. And due to the timing this year, we're now in the thick of the Holiday season.

I'd say we'll get some big news (not the new feature, but maybe some new blue posts explaining design decisions) in the 2nd week of January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    ... like you're with your family 24/7 for 2 weeks ... Christmas Eve and Christmas day and that's about it.
    Yeah but community interest is still generally down for these 2 weeks. Much moreso than in Summer.

Plus, it's more or less a thing in PR that you don't do big things the last 2 weeks of the year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Now I could be wrong, but most of the people who are complaining about no BETA yet are the people that will just PLAY the BETA. People have to understand that its for testing you know to report bugs, glitches, exploits and just general gameplay balance, and not just to play and tell your friends "Hey I'm playing WoD before you" I'm hoping I get a beta key as I did in MoP so I can test WoD and help Blizz create a game that will hopefully be one, if not the best Expansion for WoW. Just my feelings anyway which I'm sure I will get abuse for
    Last edited by mmocd3dae42ceb; 2013-12-17 at 02:00 PM.

they did do a big blue post about dungeons in warlords.

- - - Updated - - -

final post for now. they also have been pretty open on twitter.

And as someone who played both the Horde and the Alliance zones at Blizzcon - the beta (while yes - it probably has progressed much farther in the past weeks) is not 100% ready for beta at this point. I found plenty of bugs - some of which making me abandon quests - others making my character not work correctly.
    You do know what a beta is for right? From the videos I've seen the game at Blizzcon looked pretty close to the condition that MoP was when it started Beta. I'm expecting an early to mid January beta.

RE: Blizzard and Holidays. If they wanted to start the beta before Christmas they could, there would be people there to staff it if they did. People can't just take vacation willy nilly in most professions, if there's a deadline that needs to be met you can just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think a lot of people are just overestimating how long WoD is in beta....

Ah who the hell am I kidding, most of the people complaining are in a situation of "I hate MoP, I want to quit, but if I quit I don't get access to the beta."
    I think some people like me are impressed by "WoD will be faster delivered than others" but no beta yet.

I really don't care about the beta, but about the time to launch since MoP is an abomination.

The idea of WoD in June scared the crap out of me. And not believing in blizzard anymore...

Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean there is no beta going on right now.

Am I disappointed we haven't heard word of beta yet? Of course. But I didn't expect to see if during the holiday season. I'm sure behind the scenes there's so much that goes into working the back end of beta (managing tickets and feedback, making the changes, etc)... I just assumed they wanted to wait until after the holidays to overload the workers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing an internal beta/alpha right now, but we'll get our turn. It'll just be after the holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    who are you even kidding? people play all year round well the people you want beta testing do anyway.
    You do realize that in order for beta to be a thing - Blizzard employees need to keep the server up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean there is no beta going on right now.
    Let's be honest. MMO-Champion would've had a teaser picture by this point. They do it every year.

They wouldn't delay the beta for something as irrelevant as character models. They can test every zone, raid, dungeon, and quest without new character models. I personally don't even care if WoD doesn't launch with all the models complete. I just want to get out of pandaria asap.

Let's be honest. MMO-Champion would've had a teaser picture by this point. They do it every year.

This I doubt.... they leaked nothing at all about WoD or even mentioned it on the front page until a user-created thread was 30 pages long already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post

I played it. AT BLIZZCON. The first zones only got to 70ish% and then the zones were... hmm.. how to say this...
    90% barren? The Horde starting area literally has nothing in it except around the fortress. -.-

And for the "1)" reason - I'm talking about the EMPLOYEES. Not BETA testers. Think farther than just the testers. Remember - Blizzard has people RUN the beta. It doesn't just go "Herp derp push button beta time".

Please. Please just stop. It's the Holiday season. Presenting a beta during the months of Thanksgiving and Christmas is not a wise idea. It wouldn't work so well when everyone is wanting to be with their family.
    Didn't Blizzard release Cataclysm in the holiday season when everyone was wanting to be with their families?

I agree with you one one thing, I love Blizzard too... I know they care about me too, they love me and want me to be happy everyday and smile like a friendly little hobbit that lives in a hole in the ground but a nice hole in the ground with wallpaper and and a garden and biscuits with cheese and wine and nice fresh bread.

I don't really care about the WoD Beta's ETA. But, I am rather curious as to why we're not hearing a whole lot about it.

It's in the development phase, testing phase will come later on, the longer the game is in development phase the more stuff there will be to test at launch, might not be the case. But I believe they want Beta testing to be fun, and that they don't want people ignoring the beta, they probably want people to have ALOT to test in the beta. So that they don't get bored with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Didn't Blizzard release Cataclysm in the holiday season when everyone was wanting to be with their families?
    Sigh.

Yes, they did. Because it pulled tens of millions of dollars of revenue into that fiscal year, so they were fine with requiring employees to be around. There's no such compelling argument to release a beta now vs, say, in 3-4 weeks and that presumes it's even *ready*.

They don't care about the players spending time with family - how we spend time is on us. But when you're about to make that final push from first public beta to release - asking everyone to focus and work really hard until it's live - you don't start by asking them to work hard during the holidays just to release a beta. You let them have the last bit of time off that they'll get for ~6 months and (again if it's ready), release the beta early January.

If people want to spend time with their families. They spend time with their families. If they rather want to play the beta. They dont like their family and rather spend their time in beta. They dont need to delay the beta because its a frikking holiday. People do have a mind of their own you know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If people want to spend time with their families. They spend time with their families. If they rather want to play the beta. They dont like their family and rather spend their time in beta. They dont need to delay the beta because its a frikking holiday. People do have a mind of their own you know
    DAMMIT PEOPLE READ THE THREAD BEFORE HITTING REPLY.

Yes, *players* can choose what they want to do. Blizzard employees would have to work a lot over the holidays to bring you the beta and there's no real reason to ask them to do that from the company's point of view. What, you thought it was just flipping a switch??

Yeah, same here. They brought up some points about the new item system recently, but other than that it's been dead on news. Hoping they are rethinking some things and will potentially add a decent amount of features. Maybe playable Ogres?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah, same here. They brought up some points about the new item system recently, but other than that it's been dead on news. Hoping they are rethinking some things and will potentially add a decent amount of features. Maybe playable Ogres?
    I just hope they keep reforging in honestly. :/ Too nice to be removed - and I want my items to be workable - not have to wait till I get the EXACT itemized piece