Question Any warrior mentors out there?

Well here's my first ever post - since I can't post on the official Blizzard forums, I thought I'd give this site a try.

I've just had a look at my PvP stats on my armory page and its... well, it's embarrassing to say the least.

I lost 2 months (October 2012 and Nov 2012) because I couldn't afford game time and now I find myself desperately behind on my pvp gear.
    So I figure I'd run 2s. Probably the easiest way to earn CPs and get gear, right? Wrong!

I find myself in the position that I expect most newbies to arena and pvp would find themselves in. I've got my honor point gear and now I'm ready to step into the arena and join the big leagues, but there's a problem. Everyone I'm fighting in arena is already fully geared and is a lot better at this than I am...

I've played warrior since LK days (I believe 3.5 was the first major patch I saw) and I still enjoy it, but I just feel like I have no chance anymore. How am I, with my 4 Grievious items, going to compete against someone who has the full set? He'll make pancakes out of me without even breaking a sweat!

At this point, if I do manage to get a kill, it's not long before the other guy has killed my teammate and I'm nearly dead, at his mercy, and so, I lose.

Now I'm thinking maybe I need to learn my class better, but I'm really stuck on what else there could be. I leave it to you, dear MMO community. Will one among you lend your knowledge in experience to this poor warrior?

I'm happy to add anyone who's willing to coach/mentor me via BattleTag.

Look me up on EU: Ortund - Nordrassil

(I'd post the actual links, but this is my first post, so... )

Thanks for taking your time to read my post, and thanks in advance for any help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask one in a top end guild on your sever.

When I switched to a Warlock main in Mists I spoke to a Warlock in the guild Apex he helped me a lot with learning the class (went from illiterate with Warlocks to a 11/14HC Warlock over the expansion (rest of heroics downed pre next tier) I became fairly good friends with him and learnt a lot about all three of my new specs. Aslong as you're nice people will help you out as they did me.

My friend mentioned went on to join Method just in time to get the world first Ra-Den kill and through that I got my contacts in Method.

Just being polite and friendly gets you where you want so aslong as you have the mechanical skills you can learn everything needed by just talking to top end players of the class you play.

Goodluck!
    Al'Akir - EU Affliction, Mistweaver, Holydin and Blood raid toons.
    15 years of loving Broodwar Zerg.

Well to be honest, I don't know anyone like that... There aren't any real PvP guilds on my server so I was hoping I could find such a person here...

Quote Originally Posted by ortund View Post
    Well to be honest, I don't know anyone like that... There aren't any real PvP guilds on my server so I was hoping I could find such a person here...
    Spam arenas or whatever and eventually you'll learn. If you're really clueless just type some random stuff on youtube. I bet Swifty has something for new players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    Ask one in a top end guild on your sever.

When I switched to a Warlock main in Mists I spoke to a Warlock in the guild Apex he helped me a lot with learning the class (went from illiterate with Warlocks to a 11/14HC Warlock over the expansion (rest of heroics downed pre next tier) I became fairly good friends with him and learnt a lot about all three of my new specs. Aslong as you're nice people will help you out as they did me.

My friend mentioned went on to join Method just in time to get the world first Ra-Den kill and through that I got my contacts in Method.

Just being polite and friendly gets you where you want so aslong as you have the mechanical skills you can learn everything needed by just talking to top end players of the class you play.

Goodluck!
    Well, no offence but you can't compare pve to pvp. pve is youtubing tactics and pressing the same buttons over and over.

OT: I'd advice watching some high level players play. Don't forget, maybe your teammate is just shit Warriors are so OP now you could easily get to atleast 1,7k in honor/griev gear with a good partner. Find yourself a resto druid and oneshot your way to victory!

I'd play with you to help you out, but I'm not EU. It sounds like your biggest concern is just the gear though, which you will get eventually. I think you're probably focusing on your losses too much. It happens. It's 2v2, you're not geared, and you probably have inconsistent partners. Even though the other teams are mostly geared, they're probably very poor players to the point that you can overcome the gear disadvantage. If that wasn't the case, they shouldn't have a similar mmr to you. If you get stuck with a particularly bad partner or bad rng with countercomps, all that happens is you drop mmr and play against easier teams each time. You're currently about 50-50 at 1400, so I can tell you for sure that there are much worse players out there than what you've been playing.

You aren't doing as badly as you think, so just keep at it. While you're working on that gear you'll start to figure out other classes' mechanics and general strategies if you have an eye for it. My biggest tip is to pay attention to the other players. You're a warrior, so there'll be no shortage of opponents to learn from.

I've played with a holy priest and a resto druid. Both times I played only several matches and it was glorious. The priest and I only lost 1 match against a mirror team, but the druid and I pwnd everything. Unfortunately, the druid left me quite abruptly. Luckily I got the priest on realid

Id reforge heavy into crit. Have you tried out bloodbath or Avatar?. Arms does good in arenas, but great in RBGS, more support/cc than most people realize. Groups are easy to find on OQ http://solidice.com/oqueue/
    In case you dont have it, use this macro: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728253326

I have 5 level 90 toons that I pvp with so its becomes hard to keep up with all of their arena points. I realized my warrior was in full tyranical still so I teamed up with a DK for some twos. We tanked rating down to 1200 or so. Then all we had to do was run in and I would Colosal smash my target pop all cds and bladestorm. If they tried to get away he would grip them back into it. When they were at half health i would Aoe fear. they almost always died. Neither of us had grievous weapon and I was using both dps pvp trinkets (no pvp trinket because avatar and bladestorm ) Seriously this mongo strat won every match until 1500. Then we would actually play with skill to win and I would take Stormbolt instead of avatar. Stormbolt Healer----> Pop all cds and smash dps. Healer usually trinkets then I charge fear healer and the dk usually finishes off the dps. before I leap back on their face.

What comp are you playing? Remember that the developers tune the game around the 3v3 bracket.

Nordrassil's best PvPers can be found in the guild 'Zero' on Alliance. Most of them are really nice guys but I don't think they have many active warriors. I don't think there are any serious PvPers on Horde side either.
    As much as the PvP community laughs at Swifty, he really is worth a watch from a beginner's point of view. (just type Swifty WoW into youtube)
    Skillcapped is a decent website for newbies to learn from established PvPers from accross the world in all classes but there's a fee and it's not always up-to-date.

It's also worth noting that warriors are and always have been a very gear dependant class, but at the higher end of the scale warriors are in a very good place right now.

Edit - I've looked at your armory and I can immediately see that you're spending conquest points on the wrong things first (cloak and wrist) when you'd get a much better return from the 2x grievous trinkets. You always want to replace your set stuff after trinkets because they give the most stamina and armor and secondary stats. Then when moving to offset pieces you'll want to replace the pieces with armor first. Just a minor thing but every little helps.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2013-12-27 at 03:57 PM.