Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bad. The world is going to be small and dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    There have been threads where most people said that they want flying to be like it is now.

Point is people will agree with whatever Blizzard says. If Blizzard increased the GCD by 10 secs people would still defend it.
    No they wouldnt. Having a GCD of 10+ sec would make the game unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    No they wouldnt. Having a GCD of 10+ sec would make the game unplayable.
    Take a look at this.

Point is, whatever Blizzard says you'll see a lot of people that will agree.

Like, I linked a poll in another thread 3 months before Blizzcon and most people wanted flying to be like it is now. Suddenly after Blizzard says that flying will only be available after 6.1 now most people hate flying.

I think it is good. I don't play on a PVP realm so it might be terrible on those, which is why I don't play on them. But for PVE realms I can see how it slows down the questing, allows for Blizzard to design things that catch your eye as you travel on the trails as opposed to zooming overhead and ignoring everything.

In WOTLK I was very pleased at the lack of flying, without it, I would not have enjoyed leveling as much. The first time you ride from Howling Fjord into Dragonblight or Grizzly hills it felt like you were in a really new area. Whereas flying is just so static and boring. Might as well just teleport around the map.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I think it is good. I don't play on a PVP realm so it might be terrible on those, which is why I don't play on them. But for PVE realms I can see how it slows down the questing, allows for Blizzard to design things that catch your eye as you travel on the trails as opposed to zooming overhead and ignoring everything.

In WOTLK I was very pleased at the lack of flying, without it, I would not have enjoyed leveling as much. The first time you ride from Howling Fjord into Dragonblight or Grizzly hills it felt like you were in a really new area. Whereas flying is just so static and boring. Might as well just teleport around the map.
    that is just flying whilst levelling though, which has never been allowed apart from cata. the argument here is mainly the no flying at max level.

i don't mind not flying whilst levelling, but at max level its just a pointless change to not allow us to fly, by the time i'm 100 i would of seen most of the zones, and i'm also going to be levelling alts so i can see the stuff i didn't see the first time then. at max level i don't care about 'immersion' or 'how beautiful a zone looks'. i just want to do my dailies/farming as quickly as possible so i can get on to the stuff in the game i actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    that is just flying whilst levelling though, which has never been allowed apart from cata. the argument here is mainly the no flying at max level.

i don't mind not flying whilst levelling, but at max level its just a pointless change to not allow us to fly, by the time i'm 100 i would of seen most of the zones, and i'm also going to be levelling alts so i can see the stuff i didn't see the first time then. at max level i don't care about 'immersion' or 'how beautiful a zone looks'. i just want to do my dailies/farming as quickly as possible so i can get on to the stuff in the game i actually enjoy.
    Well maybe the lack of flying is an artificial gate to consume more time from the player so that they cant burn through the first content patch as fast as they would like. Plus players always want world pvp back, this seems like a solid suggestion to bring that about. I think at max level you should be able to fly, but not while leveling.

Take a look at this.

Point is, whatever Blizzard says you'll see a lot of people that will agree..
    And... you'll also find a lot of people who disagree. What is your point then? That people have opinions? And are you seriously attempting to use some old mmopoll as some sort of evidence? Not sure if serious or just trolling with that silly comment.

Deleted
    Well maybe the lack of flying is an artificial gate to consume more time from the player so that they cant burn through the first content patch as fast as they would like. Plus players always want world pvp back, this seems like a solid suggestion to bring that about. I think at max level you should be able to fly, but not while leveling.
    thats most likely what it comes down to in the end, to keep players playing longer. players say they want world pvp back but they are probably the same people crying on forums about the censer of eternal agony and how they keep getting ganked out in the world. besides, there is a whole zone dedicated to world pvp as far as im aware.

And... you'll also find a lot of people who disagree.What is your point then?
    My point is before Blizzard announced what they wanted to do with flying most polls (if not all) pointed that most people wanted flying mounts to be like they are now. Suddenly, after Blizzard announced how flying will work in WoD most people change their mind.

That people have opinions?
    They don't. Unless you count "following whatever Blizzard says" an opinion.

And are you seriously attempting to use some old mmopoll as some sort of evidence?
    It was done 70 IIRC days before Blizzcon. I'd not call it an old poll.

Not sure if serious or just trolling with that silly comment.
    What silly comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't. Unless you count "following whatever Blizzard says" an opinion.
    Yeah... all players like flying and don't want it to be restricted, but it's all just blindly following Blizzard's plan and defending it.

My point is before Blizzard announced what they wanted to do with flying most polls (if not all) pointed that most people wanted flying mounts to be like they are now. Suddenly, after Blizzard announced how flying will work in WoD most people change their mind.
    Blizzard didnt just say 'you shall not fly'. They specifically also layed out some clear reasons and motivations, which included things like bringing back an old-school feel to wow, making the world feel alive and more dangerous, and having more dynamic/spawned events like Timeless Isle in the open world to be a part of.

If you made a poll pre blizzcon and just said 'should we take away flying', you would likely get very different results than if you made same poll post blizzcon and said 'should we take away flying.... because *all the above in mind*'

Any polls you reference pre Blizz-con were not answered by players who knew of the above philosophy changes/design for WoD in mind, thus you cant compare apples and oranges, because many peoples view of what no flying would mean and do the world could have been very different pre-blizzcon.

There are a group of people (myself included) who wouldve just wanted flying removed, regardless of the WoD announcements. However there would be lots of people who support no-flying now, who perhaps didnt before (aka in the referenced 'prior polls'), who were specifically spurred on to come to this decision/ change of heart conclusion in large part because of the philosophy and motivation laid out by Blizzards at and since blizzcon.

Now that i've finished destroying your argument, you can sit back down and carefully consider everything ive said.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-12-22 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    Leveling process wont be slowed we have to level w/o flying almost every expansion except the last 3 levels in Wrath and Cataclysm
    World pvp will be changed because when we levlel up almost no one cares about "world pvp"but then they come on your head from the sky.Lack of flying will greatly reduce this
    And doubt that i will discover more than isual, actually i will discover even less especially when i learn leveling and quest paths

And my memorable Wrath leveling moment was getting flying at 77, flying into Iecrown for the first time, and thinking holy #### we have to fight this?

Basically my best WoW travel memories all involved flying. I hate this decision and won't play WoD because of it.

After shock, denial, anger, bargain, depression, I finally began to accept this fact.

Deleted
    After shock, denial, anger, bargain, depression, I finally began to accept this fact.
    I accepted too : I stoped paying my subscription and I won't buy the expansion.
    Also I won't buy Diablo expansion .

Annoying. It won't add anything of value to any zone except the max level zones analogous to Timeless Isle, where there is no threat whether you're on the ground or in the air, nor will it create immersion since flight paths don't even let you stop to look around if you see something interesting.

People keep saying that events and immersion are the point. Are they truly going to have constant, max-level events in every single zone? If so, how in the world are lower level characters going to quest and survive? If not, than that is a completely irrelevant argument for those zones.

Every single argument I see boils down to one of two things:
    1) My subjective opinion is superior to yours, therefore nobody should be able to fly
    2) Arguments based around max level zones, where they could easily disable flying without touching the rest of the new continent.

-They want more danger in the world? If they make the level 90-92 zones dangerous for level 100 characters, I feel sorry for the level 90-92 characters.
    -They want immersion? They did perfectly fine with that in MoP with flying, and by disabling flying in specific max-level zones. This will actually reduce immersion by discouraging players from randomly going to specific zones. (I'm much less likely to go someplace if I have to hop on a flight path or ride than I am if I can just fly there myself... and flight paths are about the least immersive way to travel I can think of, particularly since with CRZ you don't even see your own realm half the time while you're in the air.
    -They want events that players can't bypass? Again, unless they're looking to get max level characters into lower level zones, that's not a relevant argument for why flying should be disable for the entire continent... and if they are, the lower level characters are still screwed.
    -PvP? Possibly relevant for PvP servers, but hardly relevant for the rest... and since they're making a PvP zone, they could easily just disable flight there, kinda like they did for the last two PvP zones (Tol Barad and Wintergrasp).

There are numerous good arguments for why they should disable flying in the most current, max-level zones. I have yet to see a single argument (including every post in this thread up through post #56) that explains how not being able to fly as a level 100 character in any lower level zone is beneficial, or does anything but increase time requirements on activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah... all players like flying and don't want it to be restricted, but it's all just blindly following Blizzard's plan and defending it.
    Great job at not reading what I said previously.

Blizzard didnt just say 'you shall not fly'. They specifically also layed out some clear reasons and motivations, which included things like bringing back an old-school feel to wow, making the world feel alive and more dangerous, and having more dynamic/spawned events like Timeless Isle in the open world to be a part of.
    The problem is the world is not dangerous. I can easily pull 4-5 mobs and spam AoE on all my toons.

If you made a poll pre blizzcon and just said 'should we take away flying', you would likely get very different results than if you made same poll post blizzcon and said 'should we take away flying.... because *all the above in mind*'

Any polls you reference pre Blizz-con were not answered by players who knew of the above philosophy changes/design for WoD in mind, thus you cant compare apples and oranges, because many peoples view of what no flying would mean and do the world could have been very different pre-blizzcon.

There are a group of people (myself included) who wouldve just wanted flying removed, regardless of the WoD announcements. However there would be lots of people who support no-flying now, who perhaps didnt before (aka in the referenced 'prior polls'), who were specifically spurred on to come to this decision/ change of heart conclusion in large part because of the philosophy and motivation laid out by Blizzards at and since blizzcon.
    False. Blizzard said before Blizzcon that they wanted to do more stuffs like Timeless isle (never mentioned anything about no flying). So this argument that people didn't know about how content would be is false.

Now that i've finished destroying your argument, you can sit back down and carefully consider everything ive said.
    Sorry, nothing was destroyed here. Everyone knew that more Timeless Isle content would be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    What are your thoughts of this
    - Will it slow down lvling process?
    -Will we discover more?
    -Will it fix better for world pvp?
    -No
    -Yes
    -Yes

Deleted
    I deem it bad.

If I wanted to enjoy the scenery I would do it while i run around and quest from 90-100... it's not like we have flying mount pre-max lvl anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    What are your thoughts of this
    - Will it slow down lvling process?
    -Will we discover more?
    -Will it fix better for world pvp?
    No. We can't fly during leveling anyway, Cataclysm was an exception.
    No. If anything, you can explore less with just ground mounts.
    What's world pvp?