Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Havnt seen Duncan Jones' earlier films, but then the producers/ company can really put halters on a good director. And even a good writer/director can have do poor stuff. James Cameron had put out some pretty original things, and then he goes and writes/directs Avatar and while visually stunning, the story is so flimsy you couldn't use it to wipe your ass.

Thus the "Game of thrones and Avatar" tweet has me worried. Does he mean gritty and well written fantasy with members from different races whose cultures will be brought to life in a stunning way? The quality of storytelling in the two are pretty far apart. Im not convinced its not gonna be "some dudes with swords anna dwarf and some chick with dragons in a really predictable story."

Can't be worst than the first Final Fantasy movie. (Spirits Within or whatever).

Usually movies inpired from games are meh, would had higher hopes if it was a CGI movie. At best it will be a LOTR clone.

I like that people bring up the "movies based on video games are mostly bad" argument. Movies in general are mostly bad! There are gems once in a while but most of the movies released are ok/decent or bad.

Idc really, but WoW does have a social stigma

They should cast Mia Kunis.

Deleted
    I have faith in this because I have faith in Duncan Jones. He's directed two awesome movies, and used to play WoW himself. I'm sure he's all too aware of how video game movies tend to fail spectacularly and he wouldn't have signed on if this project was showing any signs of the same thing happening here.

Deleted
    I couldn't have cared less when Raimi was involved. He's made some movies I have loved (evil dead) - but a greater number I have loathed. (Spider-Man 3, Oz the Great and Powerful).

I loved Moon, I loved Source Code and I am interested in seeing what a director who has a stronger desire to impress is going to do.

My only concern is that I don't have a lot of confidence in the writer. Nor am I sold on Blizzard knowing what's best when it comes to storytelling anymore. But I guess Legendary have a large say too.

The movie is not animated. I am not gonna watch it.

I really wonder who at blizzard came up with the real world actors idea after they have been fameous for their legendary industry standart setting rendered game intros for like 15 years now. He should be fired...
    Ecce homo ergo elk

With Duncan Jones calling the shots it can't be bad. He is amazing at his craft and if your haven't seen Moon yet please watch it.

When the movie becomes a success people won't know discussions like this existed. It's always like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

I really wonder who at blizzard came up with the real world actors idea after they have been fameous for their legendary industry standart setting rendered game intros for like 15 years now. He should be fired...
    Each WoW cinematic took 1 year to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post

And I suppose the people who thought man could one day fly in a machine should have been shot? Fear of the uncertain is scary

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    At best it will be a LOTR clone.
    How would it be a LOTR clone, exactly? (which, btw, if it was, would mean it would be among the best fantasy movies ever... so I don't see a problem there)
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Just consider this.

The only decent game to film adaptation they have made.. has been silent hill.

After thinking of all the ones like street fighter, mario, mortal kombat, lara croft, resident evil.. yeah, blizzard really are in danger here. If the movie blows, like many other have, they don't have any extra revenue to fall back on from such a disaster.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    With the amount of time they have used to prepare it, it wont fail. It will be a good movie at worst, 7,5+ on imdb.

only the finished product will tell.

but if dungeon siege rated not one but two movies with stars like Stratham then it is well past time that a game icon like wow has it's big screen representation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Just consider this.

The only decent game to film adaptation they have made.. has been silent hill.

After thinking of all the ones like street fighter, mario, mortal kombat, lara croft, resident evil.. yeah, blizzard really are in danger here. If the movie blows, like many other have, they don't have any extra revenue to fall back on from such a disaster.
    not so. I have enjoyed every Resident Evil. Even without a half naked Mila.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    It's either incredibly good or bad.. However I've got a great feeling about the movie -- it's in good hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    I couldn't have cared less when Raimi was involved. He's made some movies I have loved (evil dead) - but a greater number I have loathed. (Spider-Man 3, Oz the Great and Powerful).

I loved Moon, I loved Source Code and I am interested in seeing what a director who has a stronger desire to impress is going to do.

My only concern is that I don't have a lot of confidence in the writer. Nor am I sold on Blizzard knowing what's best when it comes to storytelling anymore. But I guess Legendary have a large say too.

So Blizzard is telling Their story, and they're doing it wrong? I don't get this argument. You may not like the direction the story has gone, but to tell them their idea is wrong because you don't like it is absurd. It's their story, you are just along for the ride, just like any other form of media.

I am looking forward to watching atleast the first 10 minutes of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I dunno, Legendary Pictures has some pretty awesome movies under it's belt.
    This is true!

This is one of my more recent favorites of theirs-

Deleted
    This movie could be good if it was full CGI. Like the awesome cinematics Blizzard always makes. Live action fantasy makes me cringe.

Considering the track record of other movies made from games I assume it will be pretty bad. Sure there have been a couple that weren't terrible but I wouldn't get my hopes up.