Poll: Are you doing PvP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you still play PvP?

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if you guys still are playing PvP?

I'm not, probably because the imbalance is too big for me, overall I don't like PvP in MoP. It's just too "fast and complicated", by that I mean "facerolling".

What's your state? Are you still doing PvP? Why? Why not?

By doing PvP I mean:
    -doing some BGs,
    -doing arenas,
    -world PvP,

By doing PvP I did not mean:
    -doing 1 bg/1 arena match a week,
    -killing a one player on the Azeroth(Outland etc) once a month,
    -doing PvP quests,

(Let me explain what means "No" in the poll, the difference between it and "I was doing it but I'm not doing it in MoP." is that when you choose "No." it means you were not doing PvP in vanilla/bc/other expansions)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-12-18 at 10:09 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    have quit virtually all pvp. occasionally av on lvling toons, otherwise my 9 90's have 0 conquest or honor since timeless isle, and very little before that. Used to pvp quite a lot (randoms), now none at all.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

im not happy with MoP PVP but its the only thing i enjoy in game atm

I extremely dislike PvP from what I experienced so far in MoP. Maybe has to do with me being fresh 90 with like 2/3 pvp items and a not so high ilvl weapon, but I feel it's just off.

Stuns last ridiculously long, every class has a buttload of cc it seems, fears don't break quickly anymore by damage? You have little space to outplay your enemies, basically it's all down to first of all if one of the players is outgearing the other then second it's basically going down a checklist:
    - Player A does x, player B does y, if player B doesn't do y he will die.
    - Player B does y and then does z, if player A doesn't do y, he will die.
    And so on and on (For example warrior vs hunter, hunter just has to use an escape mechanism every time warrior uses a gapcloser, if he messes up an escape he dies, if warrior wastes a gapcloser, he dies.) So basically 1v1's in battlegrounds are just meh.

Then in battlegrounds there's in like 90% of the games a case where Horde stomps Alliance or vice-versa, leaving little room for exciting games where the outcome is close.

Don't know about arenas as I haven't played them at all in MoP, but I'm assuming it's like before and it's still very matchup based, which I dislike.

Edit: Oh and interrupts have way too long cooldowns for way too little spell-locking.

Still PvPing. I only ever really did Arenas. Imbalances are there but overall this expansion has done amazing things for PvP (in my opinion). Class balancing has been shit and I wish they were a lot quicker to change things or simply more likely to change things for PvP only.

I just kind of deal with the overpowered classes as they come and go. If you're playing at anything less than 2200 then the problem isn't the class, it's you.

I don't even play the game anymore. After several consecutive seasons of disappointment I've had enough for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hell yea! Still miss my Friends warlucia, kamdar , and lightmarvel for quitting again (you hosers!)
    Oh and hashtag: yolo

I've scaled way back on PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Pvping is generally pretty good they just need to make balance changes quicker instead of waiting for the next major patch

nothing outside of weekly cap and unlocking elite gear if it looked decent.
    other than that since Cata pvp has dropped down to the lowest ranks of my priority list after it used to be the main purpose in wow for me.

Playing really casually just doing BGs and 2's mostly and sometimes 3's as WW Monk.

Retired my warrior because the state they're in is laughable and stupidly overpowered. There's no distinction between good and shit warriors anymore since all they have to do is faceroll2win- rather there hasn't been since Wrath.

It's sad that world PvP is shit for PvP purists since you have to do raiding to keep up in a gear race otherwise you'll just get shit on by flex raiders in your S14 gear.

Overall its the same old you get everyone rolling FOTMs(warrior/hunter) doing good damage. When you get higher in arena its spellcleaves that will tear you apart.

There's some good changes like item lvl cap in instanced PvP but the class balance is still atrocious.

Deleted
    I cap on mop and go back to wotlk at to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back after a little hiatus a couple of weeks ago, after casually putzing around on my old main I decided to remain my original hunter and pvp again.

Currently gearing up with hopes of RBGs (had so much fun the first seasons RBGs came out! But yeah that's pretty much all I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though the game is quite imbalanced right now (and I say that as a warrior with a mage and rogue alt), MoP has done a ton of good things for pvp in general. I still do it and still enjoy it, even though it has its frustrating moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, health pools are too high and so is healing, especially self-healing after they gave it to everyone. I've done some BGs and slaughtered, and some arenas and crushed the competition, but it takes too long compared to Wrath.

I haven't played it in any major scale since cataclysm. It's just too imbalanced right now and it doesn't help if you don't already have the gear to start. The gap between an ungeared toon vs. a geared one is bigger than it has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorsneaky View Post
    Pvping is generally pretty good they just need to make balance changes quicker instead of waiting for the next major patch

Yes exactly this. They even admit that some classes are totally overtuned. Yet they just leave it. Common we pay for the game, it could rly go faster.

I enjoy pvp and ist atm the only reason i still Play WoW. The Balance totally seems ok. Its about 2-3 classes that are totally broken and ruin the game for the rest.

Deleted
    Stopped because all fights felt like "let me burst you duels".

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I don't even play the game anymore. After several consecutive seasons of disappointment I've had enough for a while.
    why do you even reply then? noone cares about your useless whining if you don't even play the fucking game ..

i just don't get it.

Deleted
    Can't choose my option:

I cancelled both my accounts at the end of 5.3 when I read that the official answer to the PvE vs PvP item level discrepancy was that it is "an unfortunate sacrifice". I didn't even experience this first hand in world PvP, but according to the "forum whining", my decision was right.

I played PvP only since vanilla, and I'll be back in WoD, as some Blizz tweets make hope, that they will do something about this horrible decision they made in 5.4.