Can a 500w psu handle these parts.

Looking to upgrade my gpu and cpu to these

XFX AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card

AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5GHz Socket AM3+

and wondering if my current 500w psu is enough to handle it or if i will need to upgrade it.

Thanks for the help
    Akadii.

Assuming your PSU is of good quality and in good shape and you don't have like 10 hard drives or some other crazy things also attached you should be around 50 watts over what's required for that CPU/GPU combination. It should run fine but if you want to play it safe get something a little higher.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily. Normal gaming pull on that setup will only be about 150w. Max system pull (which you'd like not reach unless you benchmarked CPU and GPU at the same time) is like 270w.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Assuming your PSU is of good quality and in good shape and you don't have like 10 hard drives or some other crazy things also attached you should be around 50 watts over what's required for that CPU/GPU combination. It should run fine but if you want to play it safe get something a little higher.
    Umm no, while the 8320 does consume quite a bit of power the GPU only consumes around 100-130w at max. You are looking at max total system consumption in the 300 range while at full load.

You got an easy 200w of headroom with a 500w psu, probably more.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Umm no, while the 8320 does consume quite a bit of power the GPU only consumes around 100-130w at max. You are looking at max total system consumption in the 300 range while at full load.

You got an easy 200w of headroom with a 500w psu, probably more.
    Yeah, for a system like this, a 500w will definitely give room for additions such as fans, HDDs, even a second GPU, depending on what the OP wants to do.

(Second GPU being another R7-260X, I think you can Crossfire them, but I don't know lol. Still, the room is there. Is the capability? No clue.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water