Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    You're both wrong. Here's the official source.

You won't be queueing for Normal mods (what is Flex modes in MoP).

No queueing= no wings.
    You are true in that no queue no wings.... except they did announce at blizzcon the raid will be made up in 3 wings with a last boss when all 3 wings has been cleared but they made it so you yourself decided what wing of the raid you wanna engage first. like naxxramas
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Here's the new raid model in a nutshell.

Raid Finder: Works more or less as before with each raid chopped up into sections 3-4 bosses long. The only real difference is that flex scaling will be used to speed queue times and allow players to continue without waiting for the raid to completely fill back up.

Normal: This will have the difficulty of current flex mode, but will not chop up raids into separate sections. Flex scaling will be used to allow for groups from 10 players to 25 players.

Heroic: This mode has the difficulty of current normal mode, but with flex scaling added in.

Mythic: Equivalent in difficulty to current heroic modes, this uses a fixed 20-player size to allow for extremely fine-tuned balancing.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Only LFR will be winged in WoD.
    This, for certain.

Deleted
    They aren't adding or taking away anything they are just changing names people. There is no new difficulty, the names are just being changed and making everything besides mythic scaleable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Normal and heroic will stay as difficult as before, they simply use the flex technology. And because they do, keeping the Flex difficulty made no sense.

So:

LFR = Easy.
    Normal = Normal.
    Heroic = Hard.
    Mythic = Really hard.
    MoP normals = WoD heroic so if you think normals today are hard then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    MoP normals = WoD heroic so if you think normals today are hard then lol.
    Considering the tendency for most raiding guilds to never make it out of normal mode, it stands to reason that normal is "hard enough" for most of the raiding playerbase. That said, still wished they'd called it "Advanced" or something.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-12-23 at 12:53 AM. Reason: never*

Iirc, they said they will give us keys after defeating a "wing" or "checkpoint" that lets you skip to that part from now on.

For example, say Cho'gall is the 3rd boss of Blackrock Foundry. Killing him would give everyone a key that allows you to start past him from now on every lockout if you so choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Considering the tendency for most raiding guilds to never make it out of normal mode, it stands to reason that normal is "hard enough" for most of the raiding playerbase. That said, still wished they'd called it "Advanced" or something.
    Yes, it reminds me of the confusion that ensued of them remaking glory of___raider achievements without renaming it and people didn't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Iirc, they said they will give us keys after defeating a "wing" or "checkpoint" that lets you skip to that part from now on.

For example, say Cho'gall is the 3rd boss of Blackrock Foundry. Killing him would give everyone a key that allows you to start past him from now on every lockout if you so choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it reminds me of the confusion that ensued of them remaking glory of___raider achievements without renaming it and people didn't understand it.
    Actually they said that by killing the final boss some times (like 5 i guess) will give you a key that you can use to unlock his door other then killing all other 9 bosses before.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

I recall them stating that after you had killed a boss so many times you could unlock a way to skip them. But the way they described it sounded like something they were still figuring out.