View Poll Results: WHat will you do?

Voters
583. This poll is closed
  • Will go to 90 and do all stuff as normal just without flying. WIll do quest chain when it comes.

521 89.37%
  • Going 90 and then taking break until 6.1

21 3.60%
  • Not starting WoD until 6.1 and only then if quest chain is short and easy

11 1.89%
  • Not starting WoD until 6.1 and then do quest even if it is long

6 1.03%
  • Not starting WoD until flying is simply purchasable

14 2.40%
  • Not going to play WoD, if the flying quest chain is too long or hard.

10 1.72%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    go out there and play the damn game, i ain't no pussy scared of a few mobs or getting into fights or dying, in a GAME called WARCRAFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Being slow makes it hard to use? (Which they aren't slow)

actualy they are if say you wana go form padawan vilage in jade forrest to shado pan garison not to mention taking the longest route possible by having to go through every other flight path along the way for god only knows what reason

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    actualy they are if say you wana go form padawan vilage in jade forrest to shado pan garison not to mention taking the longest route possible by having to go through every other flight path along the way for god only knows what reason
    But that doesn't make them hard to use. Some are indirect, I agree. But they have stated they are working on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Kingmaker in my Garrison, leave in short bursts to do the endgame story quests, queue up for dungeons and LFR from said Garrison, leave to hit up RP in one of the cities once I'm caught up on everything for the day.

edit: Come 6.1, I'll probably spend most of my time exploring every nook and cranny of Draenor like I did in Pandaria at 90.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    As far as we know at this moment flying will only be available after 6.1 hits so that means 2-3 months without flying. This is not a discussion about pros and cons, but more how people will go about during that period. And if it matters if the quest chain that rewards you flying is fair.
    Well, I'll probably start by finding a group of friends and queuing up for a dungeon or two, then I'll find a quest giver and start exploring. Pretty much the same thing I've done since BC. Nothing's really changing to be honest.

Level to 100, then park that character and level alts to 100 till 6.1

Blizzard claims they will overhaul the flight system to not be tedious, but I'll put that with the dance studio: I'll believe it when I see it. I have no intention of standing around picking my nose till a "dynamic event" (aka rare spawn on timer) happens, I'd rather do stuff than sit around hoping stuff to do happens.

I see myself having less reason to go exploring in WoD than in MoP, since it's the same just taking longer. So alt leveling it is.

To be fair, just do 100% completion on quests covered 90% of Pandaria anyway.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-12-24 at 04:16 PM.

I'm actually a bit excited to not have flying until 6.1. I'm looking forward to feeling more connected with the game world.

Then it'll be back to the same ole fly directly from point A to point B when 6.1 hits.

time for another ban. These fucking tittie babies need to either stop playing or quit crying. if you don;t like what Blizz does with "THEIR" game, then stop paying them to play it. Otherwise shut the fuck up. I have palyed this game a long time and flying doesn't matter either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

Not starting WoD until 6.1 and only then if quest chain is short and easy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    But that doesn't make them hard to use. Some are indirect, I agree. But they have stated they are working on that.
    tbh i use flighpaths but atm its only when i want to get somewhere but also need to leave the keyboard, also the the other major problem wiht them in the next xpac is that if you spot a rare that you want to join in on but are on the flight path you cant do that till you land and get there by that time the rare will be dead
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-12-24 at 04:45 PM.

tbh i use flighpaths but atm it only when i want to get somewhere but also need to leave the keyboard, also the the other major problem wiht them in the next xpac is that if you spot a rare that you want to join in on but are on the flight path you cant do that till you land and get there by that time the rare will be dead
    I view that as a risk of using the automated flightpaths.

There should be a trade-off when choosing the convenience of a safe and convenient mode of travel. Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't argue if they allowed us to parachute off the flightpath early.

tbh i use flighpaths but atm its only when i want to get somewhere but also need to leave the keyboard, also the the other major problem wiht them in the next xpac is that if you spot a rare that you want to join in on but are on the flight path you cant do that till you land and get there by that time the rare will be dead
    Thats just risk and reward at its finest.

Seriously, its not that big a deal why do people even complain about this. The only thing I can think of needing flying for is gathering mats but with farms and 9+ alts I hardly think I'm gonna have a hard time getting those. It will just be more flight path + alt tab netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Seriously, its not that big a deal why do people even complain about this. The only thing I can think of needing flying for is gathering mats but with farms and 9+ alts I hardly think I'm gonna have a hard time getting those. It will just be more flight path + alt tab netflix.
    You have a point - I've been planting the mining plants in my farm lately which have done a fine job of keeping my ores maintained for what I need at this point.

unsub or sit in my garrison doing nothing.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

So with no flying mounts until 6.1 will the ore/herbs prices skyrocket making proffesjons hard to lvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    So with no flying mounts until 6.1 will the ore/herbs prices skyrocket making proffesjons hard to lvl?
    Its possible, but not guaranteed.

Deleted
    I'm kinda looking forward to it in a weird way, it gives me an excuse to use some of my favorite ground mounts, such as Raven Lord, Fiery Warhorse, Etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    i expect prices to sky rocket. which people keep forgetting about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorune View Post
    I'm kinda looking forward to it in a weird way, it gives me an excuse to use some of my favorite ground mounts, such as Raven Lord, Fiery Warhorse, Etc....
    you could do that now. you just chose to be lazy like everyone else and use a flying mount.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    unsub or sit in my garrison doing nothing.
    This guys whine level is off the richter scale in any post concerning no flying. And his avatar makes me laugh cause it perfectly fits the childish whiny, pouty voice I hear in my head when I read his posts.

FFS just play the game. Talk about a twisted unhealthy dependence on one feature. Darkvoltinx is the perfect example of GC convenience features creating a monster. We have here some strange creature that has been so spoiled by the god mode of flight and the automated services of queuing and over abundance of game breaking convenience features that he doesn't even know how to play the game normally anymore. Heaven forbid he go out in the world of warcraft and actually play the game. Or socialize with people and form his own groups. He's gotta have perma skip mode flight and a queue button to magically port him to and from a city/garrison to safe instanced content while he sits around pouting about some other issue on the forums. Just... incredible.

Grow up. Be a gamer and.. game man.