Poll: Which entrance was the most epic?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wrath of the Lich King - Howling Fjord, what a zone! Still my favourite along with Grizzly Hills! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    The boat ride into Howling Fjord.
    I agree. This was probably the most memorable of all, especially with the music. A close second I'd say would be stepping through the dark portal and looking out over the destroyed, red lands of Outland as well as tons of Demons fighting their way to breech the portal.

Deleted
    The Stair of Destiny in Hellfire obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I'd be very curious to know of the people who voted for the Jade Forest, when they all started playing... because while it wasn't bad by any stretch, it doesn't stick in my mind the way the Howling Fjord did.
    I started playing in Vanilla and my order would have to be something like this: Jade Forest > Vashj'ir > Hellfire Peninsula > Hyjal > Howling Fjord > Borean Tundra.

I just like the scope of the battle in Jade Forest, the fact that the squid grabs you off the boat and you black out in Vashj'ir, and how Alliance and Horde are teamed up against the demons attacking the portal in Hellfire. The other intro zones were cool too, but I guess I liked the scope and direct involvement of your character in the first three I listed.

No expansion entrance really striked me as something special other than entering Outland for the first time. Vashj'ir would be second best.

TBC is the only answer :P

Hellfire, purely because of the actual entrance, not the over all zone.

On Azeroths side, the dark portal is a tiny little meh thing, but you enter it and turn around, it's MASSIVE, with a giant pitlord and an army of endless demons attacking it, with Alliance and Horde troops on either side, you go from a group of troops standing by a portal making plans to OH SHIT within the time of a loading screen.

And of course the new fancy sky box's.

It's a very impressive first time impression.

Hellfire overall is very dull, ruined and unimpressive, like it's supposed to be, the poll is about the entrance, not the zone.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-12-26 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    The Burning Crusade, just because of this GIANT BADASSLY BADASS DARK PORTAL OF DOOM despite not liking the Hellfire Peninsula overall, and even though the Howling Fjord is my favorite zone in the whole game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think each expansion had an extremely strong entrance zone, barring Cataclysm. Mount Hyjal was soooo hyped as that secret zone you could glitch into since way back when, but actually entering it ended up feeling up underwhelming (probably because it was impossible for it to live up to the hype it had from Vanilla). Vashj'ir...ugh, that zone just hurt to get to and play in. So, for me personally, it would be Howling Fjord~Jade Forest~Hellfire Peninsula.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC for me

I have a screenshot on my old PC of the whole realm (Doomhammer EU) waiting outside ready to pass through the portal. I was one of the first through the portal in my guild and I spent the next hour relaying what I could see to my guild pals on Teamspeak.

It was also fun and terrifying to bump into Fel Reaver for the first time.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance opening quests for MoP were my favorite.

You're not prepared!

Deleted
    Pretty straight off, not a MoP entrance. Can probably fall under a wrath or tbc for ones that were most enjoyable. Most epic twilight highlands maybe I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little misleading. I assumed the intro video but for zone it is Howling Fjord. The boats all destroyed by the Vykrul and what not.

I kind of laughed when I saw TBC had the most "epic" entrance. I don't find riding a gryphon right when I get there to a base to be epic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much a tie for me: 1) going through the Dark Portal the first time & 2) the Alliance boat ride into Northrend. Both moments still stuck in my head and both very special.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i disliked TBC (gasp!) I must say entering the dark portal was simply awe inspiring.

Going to northrend as horde sucked, never got around to do it as alliance.
    Entering hyjal was meh.
    Going to vashj'ir was pretty cool.
    Going to jade forest was so and so, could have been so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath. howling fjord easily. it was so different from anything in the game thus far imo. the ship ride through that narrow passage seeing all the burning ships was amazing. howling fjord in general is just an awesome zone though. its followed VERY closly by the jade forest (alliance side anyway) in MoP though. that started with a bang and everything was on 11 for a bit. it was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC was certainly the most epic for me. I remember just standing there staring up at the portal and thinking, wow, this is friggin awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    while the WOTLK boat ride was kinda cool

nothing beats entering the dark portal and the first thing you see is a battle against a big pit lord