Deleted

Release date - any news?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get your hopes up for a release date anytime soon. It is only announced at the last stages of development. There's too much that could delay a date.
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

The release date won't be announced until well into beta.

Deleted
    How long does the beta usually last?

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no set amount of time. see also the tons of speculation threads.. *search*
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Average beta for WoW expansions is 4-5 months, if I recall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Average beta for WoW expansions is 4-5 months, if I recall
    Thank you.

Something may be different this expansion go-around, I think.

Right after Blizzcon a blue commented that they feel that the development process is farther along than where they were with MoP at this stage in the expansion making process.

A lot of work that goes into a typical expansion (new races, new classes, new starting areas) they don't have to do this expansion.

We have heard little to no news about WoD, almost 2 months after Blizzcon.

I think the news will start pouring in after the New Year, and we're in for some sort of surprise.

Best place to find the release date will be the main page.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

You'll know when they announce it. Not sure why you'd need to make an entire thread asking a question that obviously has no answer currently. All people can do is guess. This thread should just go away post haste.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

The release date is always announced almost exactly 2 months before the actual release. I am assuming this has something to do with needed time for marketing/printing physical boxes, distribution, etc. We will be able to make a better estimate of the release date once beta starts.

The average beta cycle is 4.5 months. However, the last 2 betas were 5 and 6 months and the trend from TBC - MoP in terms of Beta length has been 3m-4m-5m-6m. It basically has gotten longer with every new expansion, which suggests it could be as long as 7 months potentially if that trend continues (although there are reasons to think it may not). Beta will last anywhere from 4-7 months most likely. If beta starts in January, the likely release window is anywhere from May to August. If it gets delayed until February, we are most likely looking at a June to September window. Anything earlier than May looks completely implausible given these windows and the fact that they are releasing the D3 expansion on March 30 and won't want to release WoD too close to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep track of our front page for any possible release dates. In the meantime, we don't need a new one of these threads every day.