Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest problem with Holy is that absorbs are far too powerful as they stand. Something needs to be done because Disc basically makes healing for all the other classes healing with one on their team less fun. They do so much by themselves that it's just demoralizing to the other healers. Holy suffers the most simply because it's the same class. Why be a Holy Priest who's got to be at the absolute top of his game every second when you can do less work and perform just as well or better by spec'ing Disc. Also, Chakra sucks as it is. They need to bake the +healing into the Holy spec and simply make Chakra about efficiency and flavour. Significantly lowering the cooldown of Chakra too would be lovely as well. Maybe even change PoM to be more like the proc from the talent where instead of waiting for damage to jump it starts bouncing the second you cast it.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Big rofl to the people complaining about Mages and Warlocks.

The class who has suffered the most in MoP PVE is in my opinion DK. Low damage throughout the whole expansion, and only really needed for 2 fights on heroic (Will and Lei Shen) but the Will strat got fixed.
    Shadow Priest a close second, but at least then you have the option to go healing and top the charts. DK's had nothing, Blood has been awful this whole expansion as well.

Seems a lot of people fail to see the (PVE).
    Last edited by Hallu; 2014-01-01 at 07:01 PM.

1. Ret Paladins - They still have Holy Power
    2. Warriors - Why are they so the lessor of Paladins and Dks as far as comfortable survivability.
    3. Feral+Guardian Druids - Given the homogenization of the game, this spec shouldn't be so god damn intense for survivability or get fucked over so much because of Vengeance.

Deleted
    Boomkin here.
    Imo classes/specs that suffered the most are Shadow priests and feral/bear druids. SP thing is that most other ranged dps have gotten some buffs that make their movement be less painful in terms of dps, whereas sp still are hardly unable to move for prolonged amount of time (boomkins have hard time with that too, but will some tricks it's still possible to move for 5-6 gcds). Feral, cause even tho they are extremely good dps they don't bring as much utility as some other melee and also are basically unable to switch targets efficiently (which was the thing very often this exp). Bears, cause they no longer have the bonus of having cat form when they are not tanking, whereas they didnt gain anything from it... actually have gotten quite a bit active mitigation, which is cool but makes it extremely hard to play em and not getting any bonus from that...

Oh also forgot to mention that even tho warriors are not as bad as everyone claims, they still are though so by most ppl = hardly any 10m team has a warr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Most of the "ret" paladins I see are in tank spec wearing ret gear.
    There is tanking gear for Paladins? Seriously... there is?

As far as DPS WW monks and Spriests easily...because of the fact that other classes might have 1 bad spec but also perfectly viable specs. These 2 have only those specs as far as DPS and have been underwhelming for the most part. Mages have been the most boring class to play ever since the first fire nerf altho their dps has always been top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    Dpsers, tanks, and healers, which class and/or spec had it worst in MoP? (PVE)

For spec, I'd say holy priests had a pretty terrible expansion overall.
    Holy priests have continuously had terrible expansions since mid-WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW monks, MM hunters, and Boomkins to a certain extent.

I'm not just referring to 'omg dps' but play style and rotation in general. Poor WW monks just can't get a good mastery going for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorio View Post
    Holy priests have continuously had terrible expansions since mid-WotLK.
    It saddens me because the spec is so compelling.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Tanks: Deathknights... pretty much the worst tank this Xpac. There were a few fights where they were doing ok like Dark Animus but compared to other tanks they are quite useless.

Healer: Shamans... they were good in SoO but in all other Raids the worst healer by far at least in 10man raids.

DPS: Mage... not that Mages are weak, but in the end they always were just weaker Warlocks this Xpac. Also getting nerfed constantly so every contentpatch you simply lostsomething like 10% DPS.

Deleted
    I've played monk nonstop since 5.2 and I don't understand the hate? I feel strong and its fun to play. In what department does monk lack? Great solo'ers. Good in pvp (2,1k 2s and 2,2k in 3s, 2,3k in rbgs) and decent in PvE. And the most important one is that they are damn fun to play!

You're giving one example of the best healer in the world. Check out representation in 10m. Heck, check them even for 25m. Most good guilds will force you to go disc or gtfo, and this was the case the entire expansion, not only in SoO, aside of very few gimmick fights like Tsulong.
    That is what Resto Shamans were like in cata up until Dragonsoul so I feel your pain but atleast you had another healing spec to go to.

For PvP-Spriests sucked
    For PvE-No clue I don't PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    In PvE: NO ONE. This expansion was perfect for PvE. Everything is viable.

In PvP: Monk. This is why.
    That kind of logic is silly. DK has been out since wotlk and is barely above monk in representation and way behind everything else. And dk's were actually decent the last two seasons if you didn't play like an idiot.

On topic, from a pve standpoint I feel like the absolute worst hit to any one class or class spec would have to be a tie between spriest and ww monk. Lack of decent raid cooldowns (save for spriest symb which isn't even as good as a balance druids) and other cooldowns that look like raid cooldowns but have very little to now application make these classes one of the least desirable for a raid group.

From a tank aspect, I feel like BRM monks get a lot of shit, even though when played correctly they are among the best tanks in the game. However, basically this entire expansion save for SoO prot warriors have been given the short end of the stick in favor of paladins, monks or even guardruids. Overall however a good expansion for tanks in general, it just took a bit of balancing tweaks.

From a healer perspective, it would have to be split up into a 10 and 25 man, simply because holy priest is simply the worst cut out in 10 man, no doubt about it. They have had 2-3 fights in 10 man this entire expansion where they shine over disc. The ridiculous need for a massive amount of spirit combined with a very chunky chakra system that might not even be leaving this next expansion makes hpriest by far the least cared about healing class for 10 man.

It's actually hard to say in a 25 man, however, simply because there are other classes that did suffer up until SoO (rdruid and rshaman) but as the current system lies, a disc priest for 25 man raiding is shooting yourself in the foot. t14 was the only time it was overly viable in 25 man this expansion and that was short lived, which has made a sad distinction between priests in general as holy being 25man bitch and disc being 10man bitch.

Priests in general just had a bad expansion. But there are contenders for that title, hpaladins in arena for example, being forced behind their one good defensive cooldown which happens to be 5 minutes and plate meaning nothing anymore with current damage levels.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Tanks: Anything that isn't Prot Paladin or Brewmaster Monk has been a bit tedious this expansion with Blood DKs probably being the worst in 5.4. Guardian Druid is fairly boring rotation wise but I would hold it as the benchmark that other tanks should be scaled too in terms of average survivability and damage output.

Healers: Other than Disc every healer has had an annoying moment this expansion though Holy Priest and Resto Shaman (aka raid mana battery) probably take the cake for most time between fixes. At least by the end they're all decent though Disc is still king.

Damage: Hunters and Arms have had it rough with PvP causing drastic PvE changes. WW has needed three different versions of Mastery to finally have something that seems decent. Shadow would probably be fine with a baseline Mind Flay on move change. Fury and Fire are too heavily Crit dependent for their rotations. DKs taper off throughout progression with gear increases and have mobility issues. Feral is a bit CP juggling but that's what I enjoyed about it; only QoL change I'd like is a decrease in Thrash+Swipe cost if it hits X number of targets so AoE isn't so abysmal for them. Rogue could have just been renamed Assassin for most of the expansion and no one would have noticed a difference.

I can only speak for Rogues, their PvP isn't as good as it was. PvE - almost the same.

Hunters!

I'm a PVE guy, don't give a flying crap about anything PVP related so I will say Hunters. They really need some love..Blizzard just seems to say "fuck you and your no CDs/mediocre dps" every patch
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    That is what Resto Shamans were like in cata up until Dragonsoul so I feel your pain but atleast you had another healing spec to go to.

For PvP-Spriests sucked
    For PvE-No clue I don't PvE
    Another healing spec is NOT a blessing, its a curse. Some of us don't want to play disc, we don't enjoy the spec, and we're forced to play it. I'd rather have another dps spec (Psychic Priest or whatever)

Another healing spec is NOT a blessing, its a curse. Some of us don't want to play disc, we don't enjoy the spec, and we're forced to play it. I'd rather have another dps spec (Psychic Priest or whatever)
    You're not forced. You're a push over. There is a difference. Blizzard has gone out of their way to completely kill the whole "forced to play" concept. If you're "forced to play" a specific spec or class it's because of YOU and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You're not forced. You're a push over. There is a difference. Blizzard has gone out of their way to completely kill the whole "forced to play" concept. If you're "forced to play" a specific spec or class it's because of YOU and nothing else.
    A priest who loves holy but wants to progress 10m Heroic mode is forced to go Disc 95% of the time. Disc brings extra dps, tons of absrobs, comparable effective healing (perhaps even more), no mana issues, etc.

Holy brings...baggage (called Chakra).

A priest who loves holy but wants to progress 10m Heroic mode is forced to go Disc 95% of the time. Disc brings extra dps, tons of absrobs, comparable effective healing (perhaps even more), no mana issues, etc.

Holy brings...baggage (called Chakra).
    As soon as you can prove that Holy can't do the job we can all /clap