Poll: Do you want paid boosted 90 in game?

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to skip 90% of the game. It's just paying to get bored quicker....
    How many times do you do 1-89 currently? The Real Game doesn't begin till the lvl cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    No, please God no - ANYTHING but that, i'm begging you. The free 90 for new players alone is bad enough but GOD NOT THIS TOO. On that note, why do new players get a free 90 again? I understand returning players but new ones? Just takes away those first special moments of the game, not to mention it would be incredibly hard to learn a class at 90, especially if you've never played the game before.

Leveling is a very important part of any MMO whether you like it or not, having the option to skip it means that i'd pretty much never level an alt again because I feel like i'm just wasting my time if I can get it for money. I seriously don't care if you hate leveling, it HAS to be there.
    This^ Also, when i quoted you, you had 1337 exact posts. Better trust this person.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how WoW currently works; Lets say you want to play Assassin's Creed 4. You buy it and then have to play through AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 before you get to the thing that you originally wanted to play. Not only that, but the things you learn in those previous games are in no way indicative of the type of gameplay you will find in AC4. It teaches you nothing other than the loosely bound back story. This is a problem. Paying again to jump in to the game you baught and want to play isn't exactly a great fix. But, it is a fix. You can yell and scream all you want about "what an MMO should be" but the 90 semi-entertaining mostly useless levels you have to crawl through to get to the new game that was advertised to you is in fact a brick wall that limits the amount of people willing to play. The free 90 that comes with WoD is the bandaid fix for this. Selling additional 90's is a logical next step. In reality, the game should be completely redesigned to make leveling much faster and very tutorial. Spending more than three or four hours in decade old content is just bad design. If the game was in any way engaging throughout the leveling process I would have a different opinion.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Yes with restrictions.
    1 - You must have at least 1 level 100 of the same faction on the server you are buying the 90 for
    2 - You cannot use any paid services on the bought 90 until it's level 100 or 30 days have past
    3 - Only 1 90 can be purchased every 30 days per World of Warcraft account.

Pay to win is now officially in WoW with the free lvl 90s for buying the expac, they might as well go all the way with it and just sell lvl 90 boosts in their shop too.

It's already announced and going to be implemented stop moaning about it

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Pay to win is now officially in WoW with the free lvl 90s for buying the expac, they might as well go all the way with it and just sell lvl 90 boosts in their shop too.
    If you think getting to level 90 is winning then feel free to P2W lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah I do. I'd rather not be subjected to one of the most watered down and boring leveling experience in any game. WoW doesn't even start until max level. I don't care how many times or how well Blizzard words it when they try to say otherwise because it doesn't change the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way, shape or form is that pay to win?

Can someone please explain how you 'win' in 'pay to win' by getting a level 90 character in a game where the level cap is 100?

10+ Year Old Account
    I put no, for the simple fact I don't need it & will prbly not use it. But I do understand the other side & their points on wanting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya so that means you could say that the SWTOR store is P2W aswell, hiding everything behind a store & needing to pay to basically do anything . (In logic neither is P2W)
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-01-02 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Where's the 'neutral' option? If it's there, it's there. If it's not, whatever, it'll be something to do if I get bored.
    I think that option is in the "don't vote on polls you don't care about" section of the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Can someone please explain how you 'win' in 'pay to win' by getting a level 90 character in a game where the level cap is 100?
    As you're well aware, pay-to-win doesn't translate to "winning the game instantly and irrefutably by paying real-life money". It simply means paying external, real-life money for in-game advantages.

Forgive me for having to explain this to you, but skipping the entire leveling process is, horrendously enough, an in-game advantage.

Now, you have two choices - accept this, or get into an endless semantical debate on how skipping days upon days of leveling is, in fact, an in-game advantage. Up to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I put no, for the simple fact I don't need it & will prbly not use it. But I do understand the other side & their points on wanting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya so that means you could say that the SWTOR store is P2W aswell, hiding everything behind a store & needing to pay to basically do anything . (In logic neither is P2W)
    For goodness sakes, what is your people's definition of pay-to-win? Will nothing in existence ever be classified as pay-to-win by you people until you're paying for full best-in-slot characters with full achievement points, mounts and pets?

Astonishingly enough, there are varying degrees of pay-to-win, as there are varying degrees of almost everything in this life. It's not a difficult concept - and I for one am flabbergasted that it takes so long for some to understand it.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2014-01-02 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post

What? I get all new content and everything I need to play the content with my SWTOR subscription. You are comparing them selling some different outfits to a free level 90 character? Yea OK. Or do you mean the free players having to pay to unlock convenience items? Yea that's not an accurate comparison either.

You are either grossly miss-informed or being deliberately miss-leading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Sometimes I think alot of people are just playing for the hell of it, having made the game into a chore then forcing themselves into it.
    Maybe I'm just weird? I am unable to understand why people would play something they clearly don't enjoy, then complain that they have to play it...
    Maybe some folks just don't want to have to play 4 old xpacs just to play the current game. Some see WoW as "one" upgradeable game like Windows 95-XP-Vista, etc., others as individual content - like PsP games.
    Last edited by Dooney; 2014-01-02 at 04:14 AM.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Forgive me for having to explain this to you, but skipping the entire leveling process is, horrendously enough, an in-game advantage.
    No, it's not. Are you also saying that skipping 1 to 90, when the level cap is 100... is 'skipping the entire levelling process'?

Its only a plausible ingame advantage in an mmo if it affects max level in any way, which it doesnt. It it was skip-to-100 or skip to 100 with current tier of epic gear, id be a different story.

Now sit back down and let the adults continue this conversation before embarrassing yourself further.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-01-02 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    As you're well aware, pay-to-win doesn't translate to "winning the game instantly and irrefutably by paying real-life money". It simply means paying external, real-life money for in-game advantages.

Now, you have two choices - accept this, or get into an endless semantical debate on how skipping days upon days of leveling is, in fact, an in-game advantage. Up to you.
    If the leveling had any effect on any competitive aspect of the game, then I might agree with you. But it doesn't. Starting the game at new content, while still having to level through said new content, and then start the gearing process is functionally no different than leveling from 1. Actually, Leveling from 1 would ensure that you have much more gold at cap than starting at 90. So the only real "advantage" that can be derived from this goes to the free method.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    How many times do you do 1-89 currently? The Real Game doesn't begin till the lvl cap.
    For me, "the real game" seems to end shortly after the level cap. But I guess everybody's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Maybe some folks just don't want to have to play 4 old xpacs just to play the current game. Some see WoW as "one" upgradeable game like Windows 95-XP-Vista, etc., others as individual content - like PsP games.
    I suppose I can understand that, but I don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    If the leveling had any effect on any competitive aspect of the game, then I might agree with you. But it doesn't. Starting the game at new content, while still having to level through said new content, and then start the gearing process is functionally no different than leveling from 1. Actually, Leveling from 1 would ensure that you have much more gold at cap than starting at 90. So the only real "advantage" that can be derived from this goes to the free method.
    If I hit max level faster than you, I get a head start on gearing up, which translates to a head start in the competitive aspect of the game. I am not sure how this is hard to understand.

It is definitely an in game advantage in exchange for real life money. That is pay to win.

Also your gold point is ridiculous, because you will make exponentially more gold from 90-100 than you did from 1-89. And then you earn gold even faster at cap. So again, you earn gold faster by hitting cap faster. Another in game advantage you bought with real life money.
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2014-01-02 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I hit max level faster than you, I get a head start on gearing up, which translates to a head start in the competitive aspect of the game.

It is definitely an in game advantage in exchange for real life money. That is pay to win.
    But there are two things you're leaving out here. WoD comes with a 90 boost for every account and any 90's you already have will likely be geared and stocked up. There is no quantifiable advantage to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    But there are two things you're leaving out here. WoD comes with a 90 boost for every account and any 90's you already have will likely be geared and stocked up. There is no quantifiable advantage to it.
    I already stated that I think the free 90 with WoD is a form of pay to win. It is not nearly as severe as simply buying level 90s outright, but it is still a form of pay to win.