Poll: Do you want paid boosted 90 in game?

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so I can hear more people complain about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost amusing to me how much the "hardcore players" of this game seem to want it to fail. Any and all convenience added to the game and all you hear is "This shit is too far! The game is ruined!" This game has been a "starts at max level" game since Wrath. Leveling hasn't been a major component of the gameplay since Vanilla. Both new and returning players would be coming because of the advertised content, not the 90 levels before it.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    It's almost amusing to me how much the "hardcore players" of this game seem to want it to fail. Any and all convenience added to the game and all you hear is "This shit is too far! The game is ruined!" This game has been a "starts at max level" game since Wrath. Leveling hasn't been a major component of the gameplay since Vanilla. Both new and returning players would be coming because of the advertised content, not the 90 levels before it.
    Where are sub numbers at now? That's right. I'm not hardcore. At all. And I don't want to see the game fail. That's the thing. People like you look at arguments like this. "I'll bet thats one of those hardcores saying this. Nope. Not on my watch". Because you want to believe that. Because it makes you feel better about yourself. Plenty of people casual as fuck don't want to see this shit. It's because numbers show what it is doing to the game.

And don't speak for everyone "coming into the game wants to skip the first 90 levels". There is alot of gameplay there. Because there are people out there that play the game for fun. Not so they can skip right to the rewards to collect.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2014-01-01 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One per account as a freebee (with a flag, so that you would need at least one 90 on the account to receive the boost). Other than that, I would be against it, although it is a tempting offer. As with flying, convenience isn't always a good thing.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely want it in game. I'd love to be able to play with my friends who are on different servers, instead of transferring my character away from other friends/factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Where are sub numbers at now? That's right. I'm not hardcore. At all. And I don't want to see the game fail. That's the thing. People like you look at arguments like this. "I'll bet thats one of those hardcores saying this. Nope. Not on my watch". And that isn't true. Plenty of people casual as fuck don't want to see this shit. It's because numbers show what it is doing to the game.
    you're acting as if the sub numbers are this low because of this feature which isn't even in the game. of course the sub numbers are lower then they was during TBC, people move on and leave the game, and its harder for a game thats 10 years old to attract as many new players as the amount of people leaving.

i don't think this feature will have any impact on sub numbers, if it is implemented and sub numbers carry on dropping, its for other reasons and not because people have the option of purchasing 90 levels.

if i was joining a new game and i had the option to pay X amount of money to only level 10 levels instead of 100, i'd be more inclined to join that game and enjoy the majority of the content at max level as soon as possible, but thats just me, and others probably feel otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Regardless of how easy or convenient the game has become, it is below TBC numbers. That says something. And paid boosts are going to continue to push more people away. Lets revisit this a year from now. Lets see where these numbers are at.
    You're right it does say something but it doesn't mean it says a damn thing about this. Here is a list of points which are more likely directly related to those numbers...

Wrath Raiding Was FUCKING Awful
    Heirlooms ruined low level bg pvp
    Cataclysm (the whole thing)
    The game itself
    Subscription Costs

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not, and if it is added I want the price to be prohibitive.

I don't want Bob, a classic Huntard (See the recent Dark Legacy Comic), rerolling priest, powerleveling to 100 at shadow, then have him in my LFG trying to heal for the first time ever.

I want players who buy additional boosts to have to commit to their new character, because they're dumping a lot of money for the boost.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2014-01-01 at 10:18 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I want it in, but only if you already have a certain amount of maxed toons on your account.

15+ Year Old Account
    So long as it has a precondition of at least one level 90 already on the account, I see no problem with it.

If the quality of the people who've leveled up and are now playing in LFR are anything to go by, skipping the leveling experience isn't going to cause too much of a drop in quality... there isn't much room to drop lower anyway.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Rude perhaps but that doesn't make it not true or accurate. This idea that because you learn or learned something in a specific way doesn't mean that it works for others or even a high enough percentage of the population to be equal. The worse part about it all is that the overhaul of the Talent system has actually made "learning" worse because they are not equal at all. So much of the game is completely situational and requires off-line research and education that the simple claim of "no no, leveling 1-90 is required" has zero and I mean ZERO evidence for support. Frankly, when coupled with the "let's fucking go already" attitude of the community as a whole, there isn't even room to "learn" by trial and error in dungeons or LFR.

So in the end, I have to agree with another poster's assessment. If you were going to be a "good" player you're still going to get there because you've taken the time to do the research. There isn't much ability to practice in WoW.
    So you're saying if I were to go and grab somebody that has never played WoW in their life sit them in front of a screen with a toon freshly dinged 90 in an LFR, LFD, or proving grounds they would perform the same as a player who just got their first toon to level 90? (assuming the same class, and gaming background up until playing WoW) My hypothesis is the player who actually got the toon to 90 would do better in the same gear, spec, and class. I'd wager that most people would bet their money on the one that leveled as well.

yes. i want it just to piss off anyone that thinks leveling teaches you anything.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tl;DR - No.

Paying to be boosted to (insert level here) is a bandaid for a symptom and does nothing to address the underlying issue. Ignoring the subset of people who would always pay to be boosted to (insert level here) regardless of their perspective on the ease or difficulty of leveling, and only considering the people who from their perspective feel pressured (whatever form of 'pressure' it may be): if you have people who feel pressured to pay to boost a character for which they already pay a subscription, then there's a problem with game design. It's to be expected however from an MMO that is 9 years old and ties character progression to levels (among other things). But level boosting is not the answer.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    So long as it has a precondition of at least one level 90 already on the account, I see no problem with it.

If the quality of the people who've leveled up and are now playing in LFR are anything to go by, skipping the leveling experience isn't going to cause too much of a drop in quality... there isn't much room to drop lower anyway.
    I just want to point out "one level 90" just means you purchased Warlords of Draenor. As WoD gives you a free level 90, meeting your requirement.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You're right it does say something but it doesn't mean it says a damn thing about this. Here is a list of points which are more likely directly related to those numbers...

Wrath Raiding Was FUCKING Awful
    Heirlooms ruined low level bg pvp
    Cataclysm (the whole thing)
    The game itself
    Subscription Costs
    -LOL @ wrath raiding being awful. Wrath had some of the best raiding to date
    -The people the stick to low level pvp are an extreme minority. The people that pvp period are a minority
    -Community attitude toward new players AND players period has always been shit.
    -The game itself? Did you just put that there to make your list bigger?
    -Sub costs. $15 is nothing. It's a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    So you're saying if I were to go and grab somebody that has never played WoW in their life sit them in front of a screen with a toon freshly dinged 90 in an LFR, LFD, or proving grounds they would perform the same as a player who just got their first toon to level 90? (assuming the same class, and gaming background up until playing WoW) My hypothesis is the player who actually got the toon to 90 would do better in the same gear, spec, and class. I'd wager that most people would bet their money on the one that leveled as well.
    Backwards, the side of support was that you could take someone who put forth the effort to do the research and a fresh 90 who would probably do as well or better than the average nobody who did level to 90. The reason for this, as commented on, is that so much of what you use for leveling and order isn't used in Dungeons or Raids. Most of the abilities you have you rarely use or often do not use properly when leveling because the game doesn't explain it. (Looking at your Pillar of Frost).

The real "performance" in this game comes from rotations and slight movement abilities. Hell, we still have people at 90 now who can't do the tight rope on the isle... at all. Neither of those comes from leveling.

We already have Raf, and you need to at least see your class a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yes. i want it just to piss off anyone that thinks leveling teaches you anything.
    No, you just want it to piss people off because you're passive/aggressive and need something else to do it for you.

Sure, why not. It won't give someone an unfair edge, and I'm sure it will be utilized by people that were previously unwilling to level a bunch of alts because of the grind. I personally wouldn't use it though. Granted I have a level 90 of each class at this point already, but I wouldn't use the service even if I didn't.

Would a better answer be making the leveling process less grindy? Perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has more alts than some people have guildies, I would love this. I think it should have a requirement that you have one 90 of each class on your b.net account though. Giving it to just anyone would certainly increase the number morons who don't know how to play their class at 90. Granted in WoD they'd have another 10 levels to learn, but that really means nothing when the people who did 1-90 never learned.

There's also the fact that leveling that many characters doesn't really take all that much time, so if you really wanted it, all you had to do was spend a month or so to level up the classes you don't already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.