Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess you're not understanding that even through a layer of armor, we'll still be able to see the awesome new animations, hands with fingers, beards and hair and all that stuff. Surely you're not blind and can see that even covered in armor a panda looks heaps better than a Dwarf or a Tauren?

Actually I like doing new quests, they're funny, fast, and very good. Before cata I was just grinding, griding, grinding to get level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why they should and I am glad they are doing this

New looks (yay)
    Every NPC in the game will be updated (that is a member of the playable races)
    They are updating the skeletons meaning every race that is a reskin of our player race will be updated with the new animations (at least going forward. I do not know if they will work backwards)
    Gear is based and designed around the current human model. SO YEAH. That layer of gear will look a lot better when designed on the future human model.

I'm waiting for the new character models more than WoD itself, so no, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, I don't play WoW, but this game seems to have the most toxic community ever. I've never seen anyone in any other game complaining about new models...

I completely disagree. There are a lot of issues with the game, no doubt. Matter of fact, new character models doesn't even crack my top 10 list of things I'd to see happen. However, new character models will revive WOW Machinima and WOW Machinima indirectly promotes the game, promotion Blizzard doesn't spend a dime for. Blizzard needs to create a buzz and if any of the bells and whistles associated with WOD, new character models is the ticket. Whether or not, the buzz of the effort presents a lasting effect remains to be seen, but at least it's something interesting.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Character model changes are cool and a good change for the game. However, I agree that the change shouldn't be given as much importance/weight as it has been given by blizzard. These model changes should not be the replacement for new races/classes or some other extra feature that contributes to the playability of the game/isn't purely cosmetic.

I'm not saying QQ no new races/classes - I'm just saying model changes shouldn't be seen as an equal to one of those in contribution to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I'm waiting for the new character models more than WoD itself, so no, you are wrong.
    Sadly, this is part of the problem. The new character models are one of the best changes in WoD. IMO, there should be much more involved/interesting things to look forward to with an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a sad point. We hardly have any information yet.

Cataclysm's revamp was not bad because it was, it was bad because players felt that it detracted from development time, leading to no new continenet ingame. When DS came out, the raid felt rushed, furthering people's idea about it.

Cata was worth the resources though, and I KNOW that models are not high resource points: I've worked on games before and know from personal experience that models may be difficult but they are not at all resource consuming. It only takes a few weeks to a couple months to perfect base players models with a team of 6 or 8 modelers.

It's not that it's a waste of resources per se. Updating the leveling zones and the races are the obvious ways to improve the gameplay and artwork of an online game. The correct question is, if had blizz chosen not to expend their efforts in this way, what alternative change could make the game better? And that's an open-ended question, a broader creative problem than what the OP narrowly thinks of as "focusing on end-game content".
    Last edited by Arqas; 2014-01-04 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I can see the point, characters are usualy hidden inside their armour.
    Good, they can revamp armor next. Even the better looking sets from Classic have crappy textures, and levelling gear 1-60 still features, among other things, "pauldrons" with like two Polygons. TWO. I'm not necessarily asking for this, but it would be nice...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    It's argued that the cataclysm old world revamp was responsible for limiting the development time of actual end game content in Cataclysm. And now blizzard might be repeating this same mistake because it will net them huge revenue when people use Blizzstore services to change character models to new races.

Unless you're an avid RP'er or WoW video creator what purpose do these new Skins/models really serve. You will still be hiding them under a layer of armor. Think of all the extra content that the art team could actually develop for the game. (More 5 mans, more challenge mode Armor, More mounts NOT SOLD ON BLIZZSTORE.) These model are fine as long as they do not take away from actual development time for user interacted content.

You guys are seriously making way to big a deal over updated models that will be covered in the long run and will become an after thought. And the more you harp on pointless content like updated character models you will be left in the dust when blizzard becomes lazy as you demand less ACTUAL GAME content.

Just remember every new skin/model is hours of work that could have been used else where. Or you can continue to spend 20$ on mounts that have more care and detail put into them then anything they release in the actual game.

The wow community as a whole is starting to let this company rot by expecting less and that's exactly what they are delivering.

Enjoy running around the next shrine equivalent naked as you have nothing to do... BUT MAN THOSE MODELS LOOK AWESOME WITHOUT GEAR!!!
    The revamped questing areas, yes I can imagine taking ages to complete and time might of been better spent elsewhere. The new models should not be taking as long as 2 years to complete or that much dev time. Blizzard is constantly making new models from scratch in all aspects of the game and revamping ones (especially when the new models all only have one face) should not be taking as long as they claim.

Also despite Blizzard pleasing long term fans/players they also have to cater to bringing in new players. Using resources on updating low level content and improving outdated visuals is part of this and is essential if they want to keep millions of subscribers.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-01-04 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    The revamped questing areas, yes I can imagine taking ages to complete and time might of been better spent elsewhere. The new models should not be taking as long as 2 years to complete or that much dev time. Blizzard is constantly making new models from scratch in all aspects of the game and revamping ones (especially when the new models all only have one face) should not be taking as long as they claim.
    As far as I know, this has not been proven at all. People just got their panties in a wad and forgot that a preview is just that, a preview.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    model updates are mostly useless for the time spent upgrading models we could have probably 3x14 raids with way more content.
    Right? It makes me mad that blizz's one team of 5 people (responsible for every single thing in the expansion/game) are being forced by the bads in this community to update models which literally everyone who plays except filthy, filthy casuals do not want. Those 5 people should be focusing on the other stuff everyone wants! Listen to the community, blizz!

I don't even care if I get infracted for that, it felt good...

Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

armor and weps give stats and i don't care about looks anyway, i MAY consider to do so if they make like a charisma system, the better look you got the more stats you get rofl

- - - Updated - - -

i dont raid, im more of a pvp person, that's why i quitted WoW long ago but still check forums, just maybe sometimes in the future blizz will make the pvp good again
    You may say you don't care, but there are TONS of people that love the look of armor. That's why transmog is so huge. Because ppl like the way stuff looks. There doesn't need to be charisma. You're downplaying how much people like the look of things and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    As far as I know, this has not been proven at all. People just got their panties in a wad and forgot that a preview is just that, a preview.
    In his defense, it's true of Worgen and Pandaren, and mostly for Goblins (they do at least get to pick what their nose looks like). And these are the races we need to look to as examples. They're going to need to up their game by the time they get to humans, or Stormwind will have to rename its famous thoroughfare to the Uncanny Valley of Heroes.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    Character model changes are cool and a good change for the game. However, I agree that the change shouldn't be given as much importance/weight as it has been given by blizzard. These model changes should not be the replacement for new races/classes or some other extra feature that contributes to the playability of the game/isn't purely cosmetic.

I'm not saying QQ no new races/classes - I'm just saying model changes shouldn't be seen as an equal to one of those in contribution to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, this is part of the problem. The new character models are one of the best changes in WoD. IMO, there should be much more involved/interesting things to look forward to with an expansion.
    I'm holding my opinion as best I can until more information comes out / the beta. So far, yeah, excited to go "back" to Outland and the new models. Thassabout it. Honestly I know this expac is going to basically be filler/set up for the next expac, so ... Basically I want it over with so we can finally see Argus/Azshara/Sargeras/N'zoth whatever else is cooking.

Oh, and to be done with Orcs for long, loooong while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    In his defense, it's true of Worgen and Pandaren, and mostly for Goblins (they do at least get to pick what their nose looks like). And these are the races we need to look to as examples. They're going to need to up their game by the time they get to humans, or Stormwind will have to rename its famous thoroughfare to the Uncanny Valley of Heroes.
    Didn't you know? Humans reproduce through using Double Team from pokemon.

Deleted
    Congrats on the disgustingly provocative thread title.

This has been mentioned a million times already, but for emphasis I'll repeat:

- The animations will show even under the armor (check out the Blizzcon gameplay videos)
    - The head and hair are often visible because people hide the helm
    - All the quests NPCS and enemy NPCs that are Vanilla player models will also be updated (imagine for example Goldshire after this change, it will be totally different)
    - The smoothness of the characters affects the game a lot
    - Also a significant change for pvp, as all the enemy players and teammates now look much better and move more fluently
    - The old models are turning new people off the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Goblins' faces look nothing alike though, even before you change their facial features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Seriously, I don't play WoW, but this game seems to have the most toxic community ever. I've never seen anyone in any other game complaining about new models...
    Imagine a game: two people hit the wall with their heads, and who produces the louder sound wins.
    Now imagine that this game is played by 10,000,000 people. Surely, it is very hard to become a relatively good player in such competition, but it doesn't seem to make the game very clever.

This is what MOBA is, to put it shortly.
    You seem to have a lot against a lot of popular games. Ever though about just playing what you like instead of dissing everything else?