Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Canopic Jars eroding will to live

Yes, still. Been after the Vial of the Sands recipe on my alch since Cata. Started using the *ahem* totes legit Mantid Artifact Locator trick recently too. So far, 39 jars no recipe. Just had my longest stretch - 4 jars in a row, no dice.

Kill me.

Also, like 15+ jars on my main who isn't an alch, wasted. Sigh. Because making the recipe BoA would've been so overly generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You're pretty committed, I gave up @30 jars opened. And my drop rate for the jars was pretty low, as well as the tol'vir digsites in general.

Also never got that stupid night elf trinket back in Cata.

inb4 got it on my first try

Random is random, but for your sanity you could put in a ticket to verify you can actually 'discover' it. I was going through teh same thing until I found out that my character had been flagged for discovering it, so I would have never seen it drop.

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post

Random is random, but for your sanity you could put in a ticket to verify you can actually 'discover' it. I was going through teh same thing until I found out that my character had been flagged for discovering it, so I would have never seen it drop.

Thank goodness you asked them :O i didnt know that could even happen to people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Yeah I would give up only I'm an obsessive pattern collector :P

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post

Yeah good idea. Any idea how this could happen without me actually discovering it?

When I was grinding TV in Cata I got the recipe very early when I didn't really want it that much but never got the pet or bug mount. :-/

Guess we never get what we want...

Since this isn't the official forums and I am quite bitter about the botting issues in the game right now I will enlighten you, because it doesn't matter if everyone is already doing it. There is currently a major exploit involving canopic jars specifically. Use the exploit. You're the one paying $15 a month, it's not breaking the rules to get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Since this isn't the official forums and I am quite bitter about the botting issues in the game right now I will enlighten you, because it doesn't matter if everyone is already doing it. There is currently a major exploit involving canopic jars specifically. Use the exploit. You're the one paying $15 a month, it's not breaking the rules to get what you pay for.
    I think they fixed that exploit.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Your logic makes no sense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I got it on the 19th jar. Was going absolutely bonkers by then..

I got it after 3 of 4 jars. Welcome to the RNG dementia. I've tried to farm the Battered Hilt in the ICC heroics, and I think I've done over 200 clears in Pit of Saron. Nothing. In WotlK I've seen it drop 5 times and I won it 3 times, but sold it.

Deleted
    I must admit I got it on my first one. But if it helps any, I have done about 400 runs for the Baron's mount and nada.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing worse than waiting for this recipe to appear in one of those jars is waiting for the Scepter of Azj'aqir to pop....

Are you talking about using the Mantid Sonic Locator to re-randomise the zones? Yes I'm already doing that (gotten about 8 jars this way).

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I got it after 3 of 4 jars. Welcome to the RNG dementia. I've tried to farm the Battered Hilt in the ICC heroics, and I think I've done over 200 clears in Pit of Saron. Nothing. In WotlK I've seen it drop 5 times and I won it 3 times, but sold it.
    Yeah, I got my Battered Hilt without much trouble and won a roll on the VP mount back in Cata, I guess this is making up for that luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    The only thing worse than waiting for this recipe to appear in one of those jars is waiting for the Scepter of Azj'aqir to pop....
    Got it twice (two accounts). Had to delete one out of my inventory... man that hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I actually got it by coincidence and thought 'But why would I need this?' (non Alch) so I deleted it...

Oh. My. God.

40 Canopic Jars, and it dropped.

Clearly all I had to do was complain on the internet, and the gods of RNG smiled on me.

*Filled with tears and happiness and goodwill to all men*

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I actually got it by coincidence and thought 'But why would I need this?' (non Alch) so I deleted it...
    That's not possible, it's smart loot. Only Alchs can see it. Unless you profession changed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh. My. God.

40 Canopic Jars, and it dropped.

Clearly all I had to do was complain on the internet, and the gods of RNG smiled on me.

*Filled with tears and happiness and goodwill to all men*
    Congrats on the recipe. Clearly this is a lesson to the rest of us about rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Also never got that stupid night elf trinket back in Cata.
    Oh good lord, that Night Elf trinket is still haunting me on my paladin.. Never gotten it either .. Given up a long time ago though !

350+ Tol'vir solves for the Scepter of Azj'Aqir here.

after I got most of the other rares (minus pet)

X|

Funny, I finished my grind for the recipe yesterday with 278 solved Tol'vir artifacts (3 rares, 39 jars). I can't complain too much tho because I found the right mysterious camel figurine in the meantime.