Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Disc] Challenge Mode: BiS Gear

I am extremely late to the party here, as well I have a few questions. I do not want a carry and want to be able to handle my weight as this most likely will be PUGGED. I want to bring the absolute best to the table.

1. Do all versions scale to the same item? ( LFR NM HM )
    2. Do upgraded versions scale to the same stats? eg. Relic of Chi 0/2 scales the same as Relic 2/2

I have found a couple of characters and looking at gear choices they make logical sense to me ( most appears to favor the socket(s) for more stats. But have not seen an actual compiled list.

Any and all insight is GREATLY appreciated.

NOTE: Currently at work and battle.net is unavailable, however wowprogress is (go figure) links to characters there appreciated.

Anything above 463 downscales, procs, upgrades and all around item level. Anything below 463 does not get bumped up. So in some cases depending on itemization, you may have a myriad of gear from Siege/ToT, and any other rarer source. Does not matter the item level at all, LFR or standard raiding loot will all scale down the same, BUT you will get the advantage of sockets. Just an example here; If you have 520, 540, or 572 boots and they are all mastery spirit, they will scale down to a 463 version of those pair of mastery/spirit boots. LMG and Cloak do not work in CMs, neither do Set Bonuses. Hope this helps some.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    All version scale to the same level, you can check items on wowhead and press the "challange mode" button and it will show the stats.
    Gem sockets wont scale and stay as they are. so Siege of Orgrimar gear that use sockets will most likely be in the BiS list. As said, version dont matter lfr will be exactly the same as heroic gear in challange mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill log out in nearly full bis cm gear for you! (except Alch trinket is bis by far, and I would replace Prison with it, but I didn't want to drop BC for Alch due to raiding).

1: Yes, heroic war forged and LFR versions are identic since they fixed the spirit glitch
    2: Yes, as long as its over 463, of course.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elaer/advanced Note: Probably not full bis, but it's very close!

As you see, no Mastery. Only Crit>Spi>Haste. Ofcourse it depends on the group, if you want to go for world records, drop all the spirit and go for haste on crit/spi items as well, but we just do sell runs for gold (2 ppl at a time), so this is my BiS gear. A comfortable amount of spirit, and no Mastery!

The double dipping from Twist of Fate and the Trinket towards Atonement makes Atonement spam super viable in every situation as long as you keep grace up, which you gain a ton of dps from. Can also usually get away with Mind Searing between Penance/holy fire/PW shield especially if the tank is a decent player (Unless you do mass pulls, in which you need something like Guidance or big CDs/externals to get away with that).

Also, use glyphed prayer of mending A LOT. It is great.

This is also the gear build I went with when we 3 manned them all on gold a while back, which I put up on youtube.
    Last edited by MyCelar; 2013-12-27 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks for logging out Cel, I took screen shot so I have it as a reference. This gives me a lot more to work with.

Looking here, I see Leven's Circle of Hope, I currently have Seal of Sullen Fury. Gemmed it would appear to net better stats. Placing a Potent would net more crit and more spirit, I am I reading that right?
    Last edited by Nalda; 2013-12-27 at 03:49 PM.

Just to add to some above, While the cloak proc doesn't work in CM's, it still may be the best cloak to use stat wise.

Also use a shatouched weapon so you can have the double socket.
    Teegers - Disc/Holy Priest - Summit - 14/14H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Teegers/simple
    http://www.twitch.tv/teegsx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    Just to add to some above, While the cloak proc doesn't work in CM's, it still may be the best cloak to use stat wise.

Not at all, none of the above. Sha socket wont work, and cloak is scaled down. It's better to use a cloak that has the 2 main stat on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCelar View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elaer/advanced Note: Probably not full bis, but it's very close!
    Looking at your gear, I want to cry. I know for a fact I have DE'ed no less then 5 of those pieces, and I used my restoration all ready this month..

I am noticing there are a couple pieces that your using are not full socket-able items. Such as there is a ring, Seal of Sullen Fury with a potent gem, would net more Spirit and more crit, matching STA and INT.

My end goal here is compile a legit, BiS for each slot for maximum efficiency and stat usage/priority.

Deleted
    (except Alch trinket is bis by far, and I would replace Prison with it, but I didn't want to drop BC for Alch due to raiding).
    Amplify trinket is terrible in challenge modes because not only is the trinket scaled down but your stats are scaled down too. You are much better off using a trinket that gives static int and a haste proc.

Also crit>spirit>haste>mastery makes no sence at all. Either you go "healer mode" where you go crit>=mastery>=spirit>haste or you go full dps for more attonement in which case the priority is crit>haste>spirit.

If you are a first timer I would go healer mode with FDCL as it makes challenge modes incredibly easy. If you know what you are doing you should drop all spirit and run mindbender. If you are half decent at managing your mana you will only run oom in 2 or 3 dungeons out of the 9 even with 0 spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    Sha gem doesnt work as Celar said but the ToT weapons are generally the best weapons you can get because you still get to apply an extra (normal) socket on older weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    If you are a first timer I would go healer mode with FDCL as it makes challenge modes incredibly easy.
    I will be a complete CM scrub, but taking the needed steps to know what to expect, and doing my research before diving in.
    If you know what you are doing you should drop all spirit and run mindbender. If you are half decent at managing your mana you will only run oom in 2 or 3 dungeons out of the 9 even with 0 spirit.
    I am very conscious of mana. As for the FDCL, an Audible Weak Aura for notification with a mouse over macro flash Heal do the trick?

Deleted
    How you track FDCL is up to yourself but yes I would advise you to use a mouseover macro so you dont have to swap target. Attonement should be your main healing and FDCL your backup when tank needs a lot of healing. Dont use the procs as soon as you get them, only use them as a sort of last resort (PWS is far better if you only have 1 proc available) but try to use them if they are about to run out.

Also keep in mind when you run FDCL you will also need atleast some spirit (between 1500 and 3500 depending on how good you are) as you dont have mindbender.

So I am looking at http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/draenor/Dolidh

and I see
    Alts and Transfers: Pacer,
    Would that happen to be you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure that whatever DPS guys you get to help you, put in at least a fraction of the effort you do. As well as maximising sockets you want them to use as much high ilvl gear as possible for those items that have hit/exp on it. Reason being that it doesn't get scaled down, so if they can have 4-6 pieces of gear with those stats on it rather than all items, that's more gear with haste/crit/mastery on it so they get more stats out. This is all assuming they aren't gemming it... which I hope not.

If you're going to put this much effort in then don't settle for others who won't! Good luck with it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalda View Post
    Would that happen to be you?
    Yes that is me

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    you want them to use as much high ilvl gear as possible for those items that have hit/exp on it. Reason being that it doesn't get scaled down, so if they can have 4-6 pieces of gear with those stats on it rather than all items, that's more gear with haste/crit/mastery on it so they get more stats out.
    This is not entirely true. The best items for dps players in general is a mix of LFR, normal, heroic and even items that are thunder/war-forged. At the end of the day you will lose more crit/haste/mastery if you have a heroic warforged item with hit on it. The goal is to get as close to the hit cap as possible in your BiS items (these items are dertermined by gem sockets and correct stats). If you mix the items correctly you should hit the exact cap and that is what you want to aim for. Not that its of any relevance for the topic of this thread but I thought it was still important to make that clear.

On the topic of group skill, if the other players you find for your group sucks you could be the best player in the world and you would still need to get more spirit than I mentioned above.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2013-12-28 at 12:07 AM.

Not at all, none of the above. Sha socket wont work, and cloak is scaled down. It's better to use a cloak that has the 2 main stat on.
    The cloak has three secondary stats opposed to a regular cloak which has only two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CharityDKT View Post
    The cloak has three secondary stats opposed to a regular cloak which has only two.
    The legendary cloak does not give you an extra third stat with no drawbacks. It gives you 144 extra stat points but if you like me play a priest with full dps gear (crit+haste and nothing else) it is a loss of 93 crit or haste. The mastery and spirit is useless for me thus it is a downgrade.

The legendary cloak does not give you an extra third stat with no drawbacks. It gives you 144 extra stat points but if you like me play a priest with full dps gear (crit+haste and nothing else) it is a loss of 93 crit or haste. The mastery and spirit is useless for me thus it is a downgrade.
    That's why you use the dps cloak.

Deleted
    That's why you use the dps cloak.
    I want crit and haste, nothing else. Please enlighten me how the dps cloak will give me those stats and not mastery or spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    But each stat is scaled down more to compensate. >.>

I want crit and haste, nothing else. Please enlighten me how the dps cloak will give me those stats and not mastery or spirit.
    because the dps cloak gives you crit/haste/mastery combined and no extra spirit.