Deleted

[enha] effort/result ratio - too much?

Hi folks,

i wonder what is your opinion on where in the chart "effort/result" enha stands right now.
    Imo, i have a lot to do all the time, very rarely i miss a gcd due to all abilities on cd. Further still, every gcd means new ability - new button to hit, whilst a warrior for instance often have nothing else to do but mashing the same button (i.e. blood surge procs).
    In the end, for the same result i need to put more effort than a regular warrior, mage, priest, etc.

How do you feel about that?

Having something to always go to town on is in my eyes way better than having down times. My Warrior can really feel like he is stuck in paste because of the nature of his rotation.

So no. I actually like having something I always need to be doing. Yes it can be unforgiving if I duff it and hard cast a LB but at the very least I can always be doing something verses watching in horror as I auto-attack yet again because the gods of RNg didn't smile on my undergeared ass.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    Well, i'm not an expert at ehnacement, but i do know enough mathematics to realise that bigefforts/bigresults=smallefforts/smallresults, which is probably true, because accoring to noxxic (if it can be trusted) in BiS gear enhancement is doing more than highest warrior spec(fury)

Enhancement is definitely one of the most fun specializations I've played because as the previous poster said: there's always something to do.

The only thing I hate about their "rotation", is having to rely on Searing Totem for Searing Flames', as it feels too clunky to me.

Deleted
    No, im not arguing on the topic whos dps master now.
    What im trying to say is that for me reaching, say, 60k dps vs a warrior to reach the same amount, i need to do more finger dancing than he does. Or a lot of specs out there imo.
    Is it a good or bad thing is also a matter of taste, but can be a bit frustrating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    No, im not arguing on the topic whos dps master now.
    What im trying to say is that for me reaching, say, 60k dps vs a warrior to reach the same amount, i need to do more finger dancing than he does. Or a lot of specs out there imo.
    Is it a good or bad thing is also a matter of taste, but can be a bit frustrating at times.
    Oh yeah. I find though my taste is more of a "dear god what am I supposed to do now? Do I eat the duck liver before the 12 second window is over or should I rather have some mashed potatoes since they make my liver better"

Wow that reads retardedly
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I love all our buttons, gives me a good feeling to pull ahead of everyone else in my raid group, knowing that I have more buttons, and that my aoe is a lot clunkier. Very rewarding, especially when you throw alllll our utility on top of that. If you want an easier kit, you could always respec elemental.

To answer your question, no, it doesn't feel unfair or anything to me. It's not like we're lame ducks. High risk, high reward.

With good enough gear, no one will beat you on single target, expect maybe good DKs, lucky mages and Rogue. The effort/result ratio maybe be a lot different than other classes, but you will definitely be rewarded for your efforts. We're far from the Wotlk ratio where we would fucking play like lords of the keyboards and be rewarded like peasants.

I feel like Enh is more work simply because of our rotation being pretty unique in the game. We have no resource so our true 'resource' is that all our abilities save Lightning Bolt have cooldowns. I recently leveled my mage and I really dislike the standard rotation for many classes which is spamming 1 ability as a builder or to fish for procs -> hit another ability once you have enough CP or procs -> Use CDs when you have your procs/CP and perform a short rotation for max dmg. Enh seems to be as far as you can get from a resource driven rotation as is possible and I really enjoy it =]