Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Uhm, yeah, if people followed that advice you'd soon be in the market for a new game.

Is there any other answer? Blizzard are not running self improvement scheme for online gamers.

I bet none of them are running around with forum signatures claiming to be number one on their server when they are the only ones running the race.
    Well, how is that any different than Blizzard answering your dreams of a gold sack under every mining node? Players such as myself and hundreds of thousands of others who are capable of and interested in nothing but raiding will be out looking for another past time.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    But this isn't working for subs. Blizz can't be comfortable with that, you may however. If Blizz is comfortable to continue to lose subs, then they will keep trying to push people into raiding, more people will leave, and you will end up, potentially, with just those who like the raiding content. Subs might plateau at some point, sure, but Blizz will be earning less money then they are now.
    Do they want that? Don't they want to maintain, and grow, their player base?
    So if your super intelligent analysis is that harder end game content is why subs go down then please explain why subs spiked and then immediately began to stagnate after the launch of WOTLK. Keep in mind the first tier of WOTLK was naxx 2.0 which was a joke, and the 5 mans were group everything up and aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    So if your super intelligent analysis is that harder end game content is why subs go down then please explain why subs spiked and then immediately began to stagnate after the launch of WOTLK. Keep in mind the first tier of WOTLK was naxx 2.0 which was a joke, and the 5 mans were group everything up and aoe.
    Osmeric explained this back in post 1093;

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Early WoW was churning through the mostly non-renewable resource of MMO virgins. That resource now appears to be played out.

Then please explain how wotlk saw the most subs wow has ever seen in arguably the easiest expansion? Class mechanics were so easy spamming 1 button was often the key to victory. So it would seem that people like that more than current builds. Raiding was done by everyone without lfr and multiple alts were able to be geared without this nauseating shit we have today where people are more bent on ilvl more than skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Going off the stats on the front page, 0.23% of players (not characters) have defeated Heroic Garrosh. Of the 2.2 million sampled, that comes out to be like 5,000 players. Also keep in mind we are exactly 4 months out from this patch's release and the final boss has been killed by a quarter of a percent of players. What do you guys think? Is this too much, or too little? At 4 months out, how many players do you think should've been able to defeat the last boss on heroic?
    It's HEROIC so perfectly in line.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Osmeric explained this back in post 1093;
    So its just coincidence it lines up with arguably the worst tier released in WoW history followed up by a string of major philosophy changes as far as accessibility to end game content aka appeasement to casuals.

I mean really if the drop off happened THREE YEARS after the release of WoW on the BC expansion I would agree, but it lines up PERFECTLY with the launch of the SECOND MAJOR EXPANSION that like I said was the turning point for major changes to raid content.

So no, he is wrong.

Edit: Try again.

I'm flattered you think I do anything intelligently. Thank you.

Well going by the graph, I'd say some people left to play Aion, then came back to kill LK. How big can the MMO market be? Maybe also at that time WoW had reached it's peak? I certainly can't guess to how many more players "would" of played WoW during WotLK, regarless of difficulty, but 12 million is a fairly huge chunk of any gaming market, especially one with an ongoing sub.
    So if I had to guess, it plateau'd during Wrath, meaning no wild losses, while "naxx 2.0 which was a joke, and the 5 mans were group everything up and aoe".
    Compare that to Cata on the graph, where everything was a fuck tonne harder, and what do you see? The start of a decline.

Subs plateaued when multiple raid modes were added. The elite like to think it was the lower of the two that was to blame. I'm suggesting that's backwards: the presence of the higher difficulty mode was responsible. That design emphasizes to the masses that they aren't going to get into that higher mode (they can barely do the lower one). The more clearly the game tells most of its players they are bad, the more the game loses values to those players.
    So lets drop all the difficulties. Go back to just "Raiding" at ~= normal raiding and put lots of easy 5 mans in and the scrubs can go back to doing those. I would be all down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Then please explain how wotlk saw the most subs wow has ever seen in arguably the easiest expansion? Class mechanics were so easy spamming 1 button was often the key to victory. So it would seem that people like that more than current builds. Raiding was done by everyone without lfr and multiple alts were able to be geared without this nauseating shit we have today where people are more bent on ilvl more than skill.
    Can't tell if joking or just stupid.

It launched Nov. 13, 2008 less than two months later subs started to go down. It was crap.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm flattered you think I do anything intelligently. Thank you.

Well going by the graph, I'd say some people left to play Aion, then came back to kill LK. How big can the MMO market be? Maybe also at that time WoW had reached it's peak? I certainly can't guess to how many more players "would" of played WoW during WotLK, regarless of difficulty, but 12 million is a fairly huge chunk of any gaming market, especially one with an ongoing sub.
    So if I had to guess, it plateau'd during Wrath, meaning no wild losses, while "naxx 2.0 which was a joke, and the 5 mans were group everything up and aoe".
    Compare that to Cata on the graph, where everything was a fuck tonne harder, and what do you see? The start of a decline.
    They nerfed 5 mans in cata remember? Two hard for the average product of WOTLK.

Deleted
    Fact is 99% don't care about heroics. Why? Because quite frankly it's a boring chore to them

It launched Nov. 13, 2008 less than two months later subs started to go down. It was crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you can't even read your own graph lol. Look closer wotlk saw numbers higher than either of the last two expansions. I have no interest in debating this further with someone so blatantly wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's less dumb, since more people use LFR than use heroic raids.
    Your posts lately have reached the point where I am asking myself if you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I just can't remember you being this... strange.

But anyways,

If anything, niche players, need niche content. If everyone developing, focus on what the majority likes, the world would be full of games that offered the exact same type of content. This means an entire group of players would be left with nothing. How is that any better?

Oh, money? Well, in that case I'd say you are better off creating content for niche players alongside content meant for "everyone", instead of solely creating content for "everyone".

Look at that graph you posted. Going by that, they lost 500k subs over a year at the start of Wrath. They then gained 500k subs over the next 1 and a bit. Subs were down another 400k when Cata hit, it was hard, nearly 1.4 million people left over the next year.

Do not fall into the trap that of thinking that a better player is a preferred customer.
    Higher skilled players may not be the prefered customer to the business side, but they are to the developers. Higher skilled players are the players that the developers feel closest to so they work toward giving us things we like, because it is things they like.

If you're a stockholder, sure root for the thing that makes the most money.

If you're a player, root for what you enjoy the most.

0.23%? This is seems good since we'll have like 6 more months of SoO...Tons of progression for noobs like me.

Deleted

I suggest researching because WoW peaked in WotLK with 12 million - that's FACT

They sure did! Thanks for agreeing with me! They nerfed them, because they made them to hard initially, saw people were leaving, and tried to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Lol you can't even read your own graph lol. Look closer wotlk saw numbers higher than either of the last two expansions. I have no interest in debating this further with someone so blatantly wrong.
    Right....WoW launched in 2004 then continued to grow in popularity.....until WOTLK? I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. WOTLK came after BC so it rode that popularity on launch and then when people realized how shit it was subs stagnated and then dropped.

I mean really this isn't hard.

Look at that graph you posted. Going by that, they lost 500k subs over a year at the start of Wrath. They then gained 500k subs over the next 1 and a bit. Subs were down another 400k when Cata hit, it was hard, nearly 1.4 million people left over the next year.
    He can't read his own graph it's no use. Plus I was there and remember the announcement of wotlk being the highest subs before cata came out. But I guess I'm imagining that also. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Right....WoW launched in 2004 then continued to grow in popularity.....until WOTLK? I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. WOTLK came after BC so it rode that popularity on launch and then when people realized how shit it was subs stagnated and then dropped.

I mean really this isn't hard.
    Wrong again. Thanks for trying. The discussion was about wotlk vs the newer xpacs. Just don't post apparently u can't keep up.

They sure did! Thanks for agreeing with me! They nerfed them, because they made them to hard initially, saw people were leaving, and tried to fix it.
    yaaa........no

now you are just arguing against yourself......you initially said things were harder so people left.

now you are saying people left cuz it was hard so they nerfed them for..........no reason then? Subs still went down.

Please be coherent.