Poll: Your Opinion of Scenarios.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember playing these on DC online. It appears to me to be Blizzards way of saying, "We got those too." sort of things. I'm indifferent they are there, however it's not really necessary, just adds something else to do when everything else gets boring.

I'd call them generally positive. I think that they are a nice time passer but when you get into the heroic mode is when I start to have my issue. For Hscens i feel that you either need a tank or healer or just need to outgear the place for it not to be abysmally frustrating. I would like some more variety in which ones i get 9/10 of my ques are either dark heart or the naval battle. My last real complaint to them is that when you are gearing <pre full SoO lfr gear> it is almost mandatory to do one a day for a chance at the 516 loot drop from the bag. I thought Scens were supposed to be optional alternatives.

I'm sort of indifferent, they are decent, but, solo scenarios, I think they are a much better way to use scenarios, they are PERFECT for engaging quests and story.

I'd much rather have 100 solo scenarios than 10 group scenario's.

Group scenarios ultimately fall pray to the problem of heroic dungeons and gear scaling, they become irrelevant, a faceroll, and generally a pointless featured that serves not for any challenge or enjoyment, but as a fast way for valor and/or justice points.

They certainly aren't a bad addition in any shape, more things to do is great, they just could be better.

The only time I dedicated any real time to scenarios was one Saturday to get the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    After reading a (Hypothetical) thread on the WoD sub-forum about cutting features from the next expansion, I noticed lots of replies indicating that players would cut scenarios. I've read several places that Blizzard claimed scenarios were a success so I had believed I was in the vast minority with my strong dislike for them. I feel that the lack of structure in group composition makes them feel messy and that the stories told are sometimes bland (or even ridiculous) and overshadowed by the "rush to the finish" mindset.

Anyway, the purpose of the thread is to get a general feel for the playerbase's opinion of scenarios, as it would appear that Blizzard will prefer them over Dungeons in WoD and I'm unsure as to whether that would be a good idea or not.

I apologise if this has been polled/discussed before (I couldn't find anything on it via search).

N.B. By Scenarios i'm referring to the 3-man group content, not the solo ones pertaining to quest chains.
    Scenarios, the heroic ones in specific are worthless because you are required to form your own group. Yes that should be an option but I for one run that silly content just to get out there and look for undervalued players looking for a raid guild that actually downs content.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yes, they are.
    They are a zerg fest.... When you send a group of three people in there with itemlevel 530+....
    But if you send a group of people in it that caps at the minimum item level (496) it may turn into a corpse run party..

Yeah, I too love them... I dislike a few of them, but not because they are a scenario, but because how they are set up..

I definitely love the single player scenarios even more.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

While I think some of them are boring and often too short, I prefer the overall design over dungeons. Not needing a tank or healer (but them still being a perk to have) is what does it for me. I would prefer if the heroics could be queued for though.

Of course, that being said, I prefer soloable scenarios more. The more important story content I can get done on my own, whether through world quests or instances, the better. Maybe they should make them scale as you add people to your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally I like scenarios although I am very frustrated with Blizzard for not pushing scenarios to their full potentiality. They could make them larger if they wanted and push the boundaries a little harder on what they could be. So I think they're OK but have the potential to be much, much better. Just as one example, after some period of time take the world bosses in MoP and create some single phase scenarios around them for up to 40 players. There are many, many things they could be doing with them but haven't bothered to even try that I can see. I enjoy them but think they could be much more than they are.

That said, I'm a big fan of the solo scenarios as well. Personally I'd like to see a dozen good scenarios of different types, sizes and difficulties released on a regular basis.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-01-10 at 05:24 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Scenarios, the heroic ones in specific are worthless
    disagreed.. They are the fastest way in the game to cap VP for the week. In addition, you get a nice little amount of gold.
    A well geared group flies through a HS, and finishes the bonus objective too.
    Which translates into 150 VP for the first, and 100 VP for every following HS. And that's for the first toon without the VP buff..
    Any toon after that, gets 50% more VP... Means 225 for the first, and 150 for every HS after that.
    Nothing else at all is more efficient...

Heroic ones are nice for VP, but I wish the time spent developing them was put into 5 man content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They are a zerg fest.... When you send a group of three people in there with itemlevel 530+....
    But if you send a group of people in it that caps at the minimum item level (496) it may turn into a corpse run party..

Yeah, I too love them... I dislike a few of them, but not because they are a scenario, but because how they are set up..

I definitely love the single player scenarios even more.
    With very few exceptions all scenarios were solable by a competent tank upon release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    disagreed.. They are the fastest way in the game to cap VP for the week. In addition, you get a nice little amount of gold.
    A well geared group flies through a HS, and finishes the bonus objective too.
    Which translates into 150 VP for the first, and 100 VP for every following HS. And that's for the first toon without the VP buff..
    Any toon after that, gets 50% more VP... Means 225 for the first, and 150 for every HS after that.
    Nothing else at all is more efficient...
    I am not argueing the valor value. I am arguing that they should be queable so that you can meet random scrubs.

I picked "generally negative", but going to elaborate anyway:
    Most of them (ones I did before giving up on them) had very little lore, I barely knew why I'm there and/or what I'm to do.
    Those that did, still had people charging ahead like crazy in the usual RDF pug "gogogo" manner, so even if I'd stay to read the dialogues (if present, like in the dwarven one in Dun Morogh), they'll kick some of the stuff and push it forward... or vote kick me for slacking behind (if that's possible in scenarios) - and they'd even be quite right doing so.

For that reason, I think scenarios should either be solo endeavour (like the Isle of Thunder ones), and explain more lore-wise (both why and what to do), or at least have a solo version for that (it could be reward-less as far as I'm concerned, although it probably wouldn't be very popular then, at best done once and forgotten)

As it is, it's effectively bland charging forward and killing things... and that's when I know what to do.

Edit: That was about normal ones, I didn't like them, so never touched a Heroic version.

I MUCH prefer the typical dungeon style; Even though i'm not much of a fan of the facerollishness of the MoP heroics, I don't really ever bother with scenarios at all. I'm not entirely sure what it is tbh, I just don't like them.

I picked generally negative, I don't 'really' hate them - They're a nice alternative for people who don't have much time on their hands I guess - But I personally don't really enjoy doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    Most of them (ones I did before giving up on them) had very little lore, I barely knew why I'm there and/or what I'm to do.
    Those that did, still had people charging ahead like crazy in the usual RDF pug "gogogo" manner, so even if I'd stay to read the dialogues (if present, like in the dwarven one in Dun Morogh), they'll kick some of the stuff and push it forward... or vote kick me for slacking behind (if that's possible in scenarios) - and they'd even be quite right doing so.

For that reason, I think scenarios should either be solo endeavour (like the Isle of Thunder ones), and explain more lore-wise (both why and what to do), or at least have a solo version for that (it could be reward-less as far as I'm concerned, although it probably wouldn't be very popular then, at best done once and forgotten)

As it is, it's effectively bland charging forward and killing things... and that's when I know what to do.

Edit: That was about normal ones, I didn't like them, so never touched a Heroic version.
    I can easily agree with you that if it is some form of story where competent players are going to be bored out of their mind if they can not blast through it or click off the cut scene then yes it would have my vote for being solo content. Not that there is any scenario that is not currently solo content if they took the group forming requirement off of heroic scenarios and gave an option to solo que.

But hey, there are already dozens of where are the good tank QQ threads. So maybe allowing things that some can solo and others cannot to become purely soloable is not the best option.

If I want a story I read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post

Heroic is the same thing really. It's like comparing Flexi mode and normal, everything just hits a little harder.

Deleted
    love them, would like to see some lower level ones for questing 90-100 to ease queue times.

Heroic Scenarios, for me, are just a valor grind. There's nothing about them I look forward to. I'd rather do a dungeon. Regular scenarios I don't even queue for anymore. Lately it seems like I get paired with a healer and tank or worse, two healers. The last one I ran was a healer and tank queued together for normal scenarios and the healer refused to even pretend to dps. I wish people would realize that you're leaning on the backs of the dps if you run normals as anything but dps.

For heroics, on the other hand, I love having a healer. I let my pet tanks and mow through them with another dps.

TLR - I just wish you could only queue as dps in normals. I know it'll never happen and I understand why. It's just my preference.

Not really impressed by them, I'd vastly prefer just more dungeons than them.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeremyftw View Post
    Heroic Scenarios, for me, are just a valor grind. There's nothing about them I look forward to. I'd rather do a dungeon. Regular scenarios I don't even queue for anymore. Lately it seems like I get paired with a healer and tank or worse, two healers. The last one I ran was a healer and tank queued together for normal scenarios and the healer refused to even pretend to dps. I wish people would realize that you're leaning on the backs of the dps if you run normals as anything but dps.

For heroics, on the other hand, I love having a healer. I let my pet tanks and mow through them with another dps.

TLR - I just wish you could only queue as dps in normals. I know it'll never happen and I understand why. It's just my preference.

I kind of like the high seas one. If I get a dps recruit I like to jump in there and see if they can maintain their numbers while taking zero avoidable damage.

Also weeds out clickers real fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    With very few exceptions all scenarios were solable by a competent tank upon release.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not argueing the valor value. I am arguing that they should be queable so that you can meet random scrubs.
    This is a response from Daxxarri in regard of heroic scenarios...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8873917438#18

Look at the date.. It was in May, 8 month ago.
    The HS are in the game while gear was not at an item level that made HS trivial, which is the case now with everyone easily being able to exceed the base line of iL496.. We essentially have the same situation again, which repeats itself ever since the game entered the expansion stages..
    Content is present, and challenging..... At first...
    As the game continues, and new tiers are included, suddenly you hear how the content is just faceroll....
    But it isn't faceroll at all in the beginning. People just forget how over time they start to outgear it, and then faceroll it.

Now I said item level 496.. which is accurate realistic estimation, and you find that also on wowpedia for example...
    But the real item level requirement is 480... Go, do HS with item level 480, and you will feel the difference. That's why it is not included in the LFD..

Here's the official information:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9623680/ Sorry had the wrong link posted here.

Here is the Wowpedia information:
    http://wowpedia.org/Scenario
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-01-10 at 06:05 PM.

Indifferent.

They can be used to help out with a storyline effectively, but the content tends to feel a bit forgettable quickly. The one purpose they DO serve, in my mind, is to give folks an alternative way to valor if Blizzard decides to make 5 mans good again.

And by good, I mean something more than 15 minute bore-fests.