Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    RIP League

Jokes aside, his job at Blizzard was to prioritize PvE, it's a standard for the game and genre, PvP is a feature. League is a seriously competitive and PvP only game, I really can't see anything negative happening with this.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

this is honestly great news for Blizzard.

GC doesnt have a clue about pvp balance, and now hes going to attempt to balance 200 champs or so, items, and metagame stuff. mark this day on the calendar, this is the beginning of the end for league.

Deleted
    rip League was nice while it lasted gc destroyer of mmo's inbound

You people are such children, no wonder GC left Blizz. Riot hired him for a reason, and that reason is probably more well-informed than your own bitter rants because he nerfed your class, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I take it you have no clue how much money LoL makes daily right?
    Riot had an estimated $200 million in revenue for all of 2013. Respectable, but a drop in the bucket for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Hmm, lead game designer at the top of the industry to...... some b-grade developer.
    "Interesting" career move, just confirms for me that he didn't leave blizzard freely, but got fired....
    More like...lead systems designer at Blizzard to lead game designer at Riot. Chilton is WoW's lead game designer.

So, he went from a cog in the machine to managing a machine of his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler moving to Riot. Please tell me this is a cruel fucking joke.

I dont think it's a good fit. GC has never had a good grasp on pvp dynamics or the metagame, and his forte is PvE (even that led to tons of criticism, regardless). He may be a smart guy, but im not sure he is a good choice for the job ahead. granted, 99% of league champs are the same (gap closer, steroid, cc) so homogenization wont be much of a factor, but he really doesnt have a good head for PvP design.

this is the guy that justified the shaman "cant drop totems while silenced" change by saying "who silences an enhance shaman"?

good luck riot, you will need it.

Yawn, all the funny ones blaming CG for all thats been and to come. Come up with something new already kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving Blizzard for Riot?
    o.k. ... sounds like a downgrade to me, but maybe riot gives him more creative freedom.

Anyway, lets wish him the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we even care what a Non WoW-Dev has to say about the game?
    Leave him where he belongs, in the past; and hope that they undo everything he's worked on.

Actually I take it back. Learning what game and company he's with now is actually very helpful. LoL?

..Well, true to my word I know this. I will not buy ANY games by Riot now because Greg Street is a toxic influence.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2014-01-14 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Leaving Blizzard for Riot?
    o.k. ... sounds like a downgrade to me, but maybe riot gives him more creative freedom.

Anyway, lets wish him the best.
    It actually sounds awesome. I'd much rather be a developer for a moba than an mmo. Less bullshit to worry about when balancing a game. You just gotta worry about pvp. Sounds like a step up and also in pay. Good for him.

Boy, that sure seems like a step down.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there goes League. Too bad, was a good game, just like WoW was until the Great Nerfer started his work.

Poor guy... First he's in charge of the WoW community, then he has the move to the even more toxic LoL community. What the hell did poor Mr. ghostcrawler do in a past life to deserve that?

Its hilarious to see so many people that still think GC was lead game designer for WoW. How many times will it take before you all realize that he was lead SYSTEMS designer not lead game designer( Tom Chilton is lead game designer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti Mod View Post
    Great he can fuck up another game
    He didnt though the whole team did, plsnorage
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Why do we even care what a Non WoW-Dev has to say about the game?
    Leave him where he belongs, in the past; and hope that they undo everything he's worked on.

Actually I take it back. Learning what game and company he's with now is actually very helpful. LoL?

..Well, true to my word I know this. I will not buy ANY games by Riot now because Greg Street is a toxic influence.
    YEA MAN! stick it too em force them to go to a free to play model and essentially give the game away to anybody who wants to play. That will show them...........

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp looks like I gotta start grin and bearing Dota 2.

Had a good run with LoL, but between Chinese overlords and now Ghostcrawler I'm not wasting much more time with that game.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Lawl at the circle Jerk on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I do so love the instant hate that happens on this forum... It's like GC somehow came and knocked an ice cream out of some of your hands or something and now all you guys want to do is call him a "poopyhead"...

Why do people instantly assume he's working on LoL? Riot have more than enough money to be working on new projects.
    You are coming to a fansite for an online video game and expecting mature, real-world conversations? About 10 people have already used the word ´hate´ to describe their feelings about a man they never met who they think was all-responsible for nerfing their spec... and so he deserves hate. I enjoy playing WOW, but you have to understand if you come to a fansite forum, you are mostly going to hear from 13 year old boys who probably have $15/month as the only thing they have ever paid for, so they think they are king.

Don´t try to have any type of intelligent discussion about anything real-world.. becasuse most of the people here don´t have any yet.

GHOSTEOWEROEU HATiz me, He doesn´t play a pallidan and never Understandz PVP ayrmetical class balance as muach as I do. I am gla d he was fired LOloza.. lozer..s I Hate him bcuz he enver gave me a poney....