Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    There really isn't a discussion here. You all know it isn't right. I'm just waiting for the next Vanilla/BC WoW.
    i have a hard time believing anyone that says anything about BC really even played during that expansion. and even if they/you did, i honestly doubt you even had any of the end game fights on farm.

hell, it wouldn't surprise me if you really even knew who mu'ru was.

the good thing is this will screw the gold/powerlevelers

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    Oh please. Just because a character learns spells one at a time doesn't mean they truly learn how to use them, considering those leveling mobs are absolute trash that die to Mangle spam.
    This. Like, leveling a Frost DK. You can apply your diseases, Oblit twice, and mob is dead. But...mob is dead in 2 Oblits without diseases, so...why bother applying them? And you're certainly not gonna be popping things like Army, Pillar, etc on CD cause it takes so little time to kill most mobs that, despite their big boosts to your damage, you really won't be killing any faster.

Or when I was leveling my Spriest in Cata. Sure, if I see a quest mob, I could land, and do a raid rotation where I dot it up, use MB on CD, and fill with Mind Flay, OR, I could just Mind Spike, Mind Spike, Mind Blast, loot and move on.

Deleted
    "Thank you for letting us be your dungeon-masters all these years"

What kind of DM lets a new player join the game at max level... it's about the journey, and having it be optional DIMINISHES THE JOURNEY.

People who were better off without having these cash services:
    Mount collectors? Check.
    Pet collectors? Check.
    Transmog fans? Check.
    Players who are proud of having a lot of max level characters? Check.
    Who is next?

The time will come when you finally realize how bad this kind of decisions are, and when you finally open your eyes... it will be too late.

Leveling takes no significant skill, only time. If you're going to rake Blizzard over the coals for selling time (or an equivalent) for money, then remove the beam in thine own eye first, unless you're unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by helmaroc View Post
    It's not like it's level 100 sheesh. Chill out people.

It will be eventually, it just may someday include items.. When, or where will it stop?

*Jumps off deep end* Why not just stop making endgame altogether, and just sell max level characters and items?

Whats that game that isn't a game, you can buy dildos and all that crap? That's where WoW is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    "Thank you for letting us be your dungeon-masters all these years"

What kind of DM lets a new player join the game at max level... it's about the journey, and having it be optional DIMINISHES THE JOURNEY.

People who were better off without having these cash services:
    Mount collectors? Check.
    Pet collectors? Check.
    Transmog fans? Check.
    Players who are proud of having a lot of max level characters? Check.
    Who is next?

The time will come when you finally realize how bad this kind of decisions are, and when you finally open your eyes... it will be too late.
    because no one, like, levels alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    It will be eventually, it just may someday include items.. When, or where will it stop?

*Jumps off deep end* Why not just stop making endgame altogether, and just sell max level characters and items?

Whats that game that isn't a game, you can buy dildos and all that crap? That's where WoW is headed.
    there it is ladies and gents. our slippery slope just entered the room!!!

whoopy!

Whats that game that isn't a game, you can buy dildos and all that crap?
    Umm...sex?

10+ Year Old Account
    This change has been made because in World of Warcraft, the leveling experience is trivial. It's meant to be completed as quickly as possible, and never looked back at again.

This game is about the endgame, and has been Exclusively so for about...6 years or so now. Think about it...how would the game REALLY be affected if the leveling process was removed altogether? What does it really teach at this point?

This game is now about sitting in capital cities and waiting for Queues. Like it or not...that's all that's left of WoW.\

You want to play a game where leveling matters? Play Final Fantasy XIV...holy shit do you do a lot of leveling in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    This change has been made because in World of Warcraft, the leveling experience is trivial. It's meant to be completed as quickly as possible, and never looked back at again.

This game is about the endgame, and has been Exclusively so for about...6 years or so now. Think about it...how would the game REALLY be affected if the leveling process was removed altogether? What does it really teach at this point?

This game is now about sitting in capital cities and waiting for Queues. Like it or not...that's all that's left of WoW.
    agree to a point.

there is a lot more to this game, like farming mounts, achieves, etc. but, yeah, for the most part it's just about sitting in your capitol city waiting on them queues or waiting on your guilds raid.

The number of people who have no clue what "pay to win" means is just too damn high.

After playing countless various mmorpgs, i will tell you that WoW is as far away from "pay to win" as it can possibly be - and if u really think that WoW is pay to win, then you "are off your rocker"...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Umm...sex?
    Worst sex ever...

On topic:

If this game isn't about leveling anymore, then why not remove it? I agree, after the 2nd, 3rd toon, you've had enough, but by making paying customers pay more to skip mundane leveling that isn't even relevant anymore is an insult.
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2014-01-17 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The number of people who have no clue what "pay to win" means is just too damn high.

After playing countless various mmorpgs, i will tell you that WoW is as far away from "pay to win" as it can possibly be - and if u really think that WoW is pay to win, then you "are off your rocker"...
    i know right?

because buying the new expansion as a new, or returning player, getting one (count it ONE) character to level 90 (not even fucking cap) means "pay to win"...

Server transfers has absolutely nothing to do with their decision to let players create and upgrade characters to level 90. I don't even know how you could consider the two linked.

Just because you lack the ability to see the fundamental difference between buying levels and buying more powerful items doesn't mean Blizzard has the same flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Either way, there are many people who have stated vehemently that micro-transactions would never get this far and denied the slippery slope made apparent with the in game shop.
    I can't remember anyone saying they'd never sell char levels. The slippery slope has always been that they'd eventually sell end-raid gear. And they don't. And they won't. Getting a max level char has nothing to do with Pay to Win, so no slope.

Worst sex ever...
    Well, you know many other games that involve dildos? Pretty sure that's a rather niche item.

How would the forum have reacted if any other MMO before WoW did this?

I think it's amazing. Always wanted to try priest, cba to level fourth alt.

Quote Originally Posted by poobearzz View Post
    I finally decided to say something on these forums after seeing the super moderator decide to fanboy up on this thread. Trying to derail the OP on a subject Blizz is clearly moving towards makes me sad. This game is moving in one direction, and its not up. At least let people say what they need to say without looking like a tard defending blizzard and their money grabbing ways. For goodness sakes you have a in store shop in game now, what does that mean?
    So you decided to start posting when you didn't like what the moderator said?

You must be one of those protesters going around with flag in hand yelling propaganda stuff all over.

Anyway.

If they made being able to create instantly a 90 lvl char without paying, no one would be whining. So everyone who's butthurt about this feature is because they don't want to pay for the free 90.

So I suggest everyone stop defending the statement of "if you get an instant 90 you won't know your class" and just admit, that they simply want the feature to be free.