Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes. Testing it out. That's not official, it's not happening right now, and it could possibly never happen. I'm only objecting to someone stating unequivocally that they are selling level 90 boosts, right now in game.
    There's 2 types of testing with this and you're confusing one for the other.

There's "Testing to see if this is possible" And "testing, to get this working on day one". You pick whatever one you want, but they are deadset on doing this.

And we'll be able to buy the digital version of the game soon, and well before the expansion, which gives ppl the 90, pet and mounts early.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    Then all of you who just can't cope with this should just stop playing the game and move on with your lives, and stop involving the rest of us in your neuroses.
    "Just deal with it. Stop protesting any changes ever"

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Tbh all I can think of when I think of this situation with the instant 90 is this:

Blizzard says they may release an item that allows you to level faster.

They put an experience booster potion on the Chinese Market.

Everyone assumes it's coming to US and EU markets and will "ruin the game".

Never came.

Derp.
    They were also quick to say that the experience booster potions were intended for specific markets, and that there were no plans to use it in the US...which is exactly what happened.

Here, they've said they have been evaluating ways to bring this to the players, and even make note that it will include an additional set of details for the Asian specific market (i.e. it's designed for both) as they bring us more information. If you're suggesting they will follow the same trend as last time, then the feature is pretty much a given for both markets.

Derp indeed.

Look - as a feature that is going to be on the PTR for testing, you should be looking at it as a consumer, not a Blizzard apologist. In other words, treat it like it will happen at this point in time. If you're fine with it, go ahead and say so - support the feature, talk up its advantages, etc. If you're not, then advocate against it.

In other words, constructive consumer feedback.

Trying to play off what will clearly not be a popular move for some current subscribers as "oh, it might not/probably won't happen, you crazies have nothing to worry about" does no one any favors.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2014-01-17 at 04:45 AM.

Absolutely true - I'm not saying they're not exploring it or even intending it. I'm saying that to say they already are doing it, officially, in game now, is wrong

Again, that's not the same thing!
    Yes it is. Since Blizzcon we knew you could purchase a level 90 along with the expansion. I don't know how this can be presented to make it clear as day for you?

While it's not officially released yet, it is official that blizz is going forward with this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    "Just deal with it. Stop protesting any changes ever"
    No, what people like us are saying is "Stop being drama queens and equating what this is with what it is not, which is pay to win."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yes it is. Since Blizzcon we knew you could purchase a level 90. I don't know how this can be presented to make it clear as day for you?
    No...no we didn't. We knew we were getting one with WoD, and some people expressed the idea of spending another 40 dollars to get a second copy of WoD to get another 90.

That most certainly is not Blizzard "selling level 90 characters." And once again, something you apparently cannot understand, is that Blizzard did not say they were doing this. They said they were exploring the idea. It probably means they are, but right now they have not said they are.

They were also quick to say that the experience booster potions were intended for specific markets, and that there were no plans to use it in the US...which is exactly what happened.
    It did? Where? Can I buy booster potions on the in-game store now? Did they say they would soon be available?

Look - as a feature that is going to be on the PTR for testing, you should be looking at it as a consumer, not a Blizzard apologist
    Annnddd there's the ad hominem because people disagree with you. You're no longer worth arguing with. I'd suggest stepping out of your bubble and realizing people have different opinions than you. And them doing so doesn't mean they're apologizing for the company.

Perhaps they're just actually using logic and not exaggerating with slippery slope fallacious bullshit doomsday statements?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-01-17 at 04:47 AM.

mmorpg genre is dead and has been for quite awhile now, its good you realize this and may be able to move on now. good luck soldier

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not even remotely selling them.
    "Blizzard will be testing allowing you to purchase a character upgrade directly."

Blizzard could make a fuck ton of money off of this. Why wouldn't they pursue it? Plus I'm all for it. Leveling makes me want to slit my wrists.

I'm just waiting for Corecraft. Might play WoD for a bit but when Corecraft comes out, I'm heading there. Check it out op
    Last edited by Romanesca; 2014-01-17 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. Since Blizzcon we knew you could purchase a level 90 along with the expansion. I don't know how this can be presented to make it clear as day for you?
    No. You get a free boost buying the expansion. That's it. The OP stated you get that and they already allow you to purchase additional level 90's. They do not, at the moment. That's in testing and it's still possible it won't happen. Likely it will, but possible it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, what people like us are saying is "Stop being drama queens and equating what this is with what it is not, which is pay to win."
    What is pay to win, for you? I've never had a problem with cosmetics(though 4 mounts in 1 expansion is ridiculous) but selling power is pay to win. And max lvl... is power.

I don't mind the 1 free 90, i want some friends to come back and this will help. But FotM will be a huge problem, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Careful with that line of thinking on these forums, sine most rational people will mock you for making gross exaggerations.
    agree with smulatio, not everyone here will be quick to defend blizzard for every action they make.

for me it make no diffrence, i make my own pugs, i raid with my own guild, and i have 11 soon 12 level 90 so could care less about the service.

but i think blizzard are walking in a dangerous road, as soon as i see a sign they intend to sell gear or stuff like that im out.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I don't understand why it even matters if you can buy a character that is max level (or starting level for the current expansion). With all the bonuses to experience currently in game, it takes only a couple days of real good grinding to reach level 90.

Blizzard is a business; the people running it will make changes that will generate revenue. Deal with it.

A instant level 90 is not pay to win like full warforged normal isnt pay to win.

Any advantage for money is P2W even if there is more above it. And along with crafting cooldowns, banks and daily/weekly lockouts, more max level characters provide an advantage

No. You get a free boost buying the expansion. That's it. The OP stated you get that and they already allow you to purchase additional level 90's.
    "Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters, even offering you a lvl 90 while the lvl 90 expansion is still out." no he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    What is pay to win, for you? I've never had a problem with cosmetics(though 4 mounts in 1 expansion is ridiculous) but selling power is pay to win. And max lvl... is power.

I don't mind the 1 free 90, i want some friends to come back and this will help. But FotM will be a huge problem, imo.
    Max level is power? Really? Over who? Lowbies? Lol.

A instant level 90 is not pay to win like full warforged normal isnt pay to win.

Any advantage for money is P2W even if there is more above it. And along with crafting cooldowns, banks and daily/weekly lockouts, more max level characters provide an advantage
    And where is a boost to 90 an advantage? Over people who don't have level 90 characters?

This is what your argument has become. And its absolutely laughable. Something either is pay to win or it isn't. It isn't some bullshit halfassed conjured up "Pay to win" that exists in the nether and changes for each person. There's a clear definition of what it is and what qualifies it to be so.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not ended, if anything it's just beginning. We have yet to see valor boosts and extra lockouts being sold, so there is plenty of wiggle room left.
    I would love to see extra lockouts sold.

That would be the end of (honest) progression raiding, and maybe the remaining 95% of us could have a fun game.

- - - Updated - - -

No...no we didn't. We knew we were getting one with WoD, and some people expressed the idea of spending another 40 dollars to get a second copy of WoD to get another 90.

That most certainly is not Blizzard "selling level 90 characters." And once again, something you apparently cannot understand, is that Blizzard did not say they were doing this. They said they were exploring the idea. It probably means they are, but right now they have not said they are.

It did? Where? Can I buy booster potions on the in-game store now? Did they say they would soon be available?

Annnddd there's the ad hominem because people disagree with you. You're no longer worth arguing with. I'd suggest stepping out of your bubble and realizing people have different opinions than you. And them doing so doesn't mean they're apologizing for the company.

Perhaps they're just actually using logic?
    Ok thanks for admitting for $40 you would get a level 90 to do whatever you want with it and you could buy another to merge with your account if you wanted to. That's basically Blizzard selling you a level 90. I'm sure you'll agree when you come down from delusion land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And cut the scammers out of the equation.

Plenty of gear got bought and sold for real $ back in D2 as well.

P.S. Blizzard's cut was reasonable, if anyone gouged on the RMAH it was fucking Paypal. Those crooks.
    I don't even play D3. My response was to somebody bad mouthing the RMAH as if people buying gear with real money didn't exist prior to D3. Personally, I don't give a shit what Blizzard's cut was. They could charge as much as they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    I don't understand why it even matters if you can buy a character that is max level (or starting level for the current expansion). With all the bonuses to experience currently in game, it takes only a couple days of real good grinding to reach level 90.

Blizzard is a business; the people running it will make changes that will generate revenue. Deal with it.
    Oh I would love to see the number totals if this goes through on live of income from the boosts compared to players who quit, I doubt it will be a very profitable endevor, if at all, and simply hurt their playerbase.

Ok thanks for admitting for $40 you would get a level 90 to do whatever you want with it and you could buy another to merge with your account if you wanted to. That's basically Blizzard selling you a level 90. I'm sure you'll agree when you come down from delusion land.
    Where did I admit I would do this?

And, no, its not Blizzard selling you a level 90. Perhaps you should step out of your own personal delusional bubble instead of spouting ad hominem nonsense because you have no argument. Other than "I DONT LIKE THIS THEREFORE ITS WHATEVER I SAY IT IS! WAAAAHHH!"